2 free Xbox 360 Rock Band songs with Preorder of Disturbed's new cd from BestBuy.com!

Does anyone have a spare code?

I'll trade a redeem code for Marble Blast Ultra or Spyglass Board Games for both songs.

Code is not working, just getting a blank page.

Who to complain to? Return the CD I guess if not up soon?

I think we've come to the conclusion that they ran out of codes. At the bottom of the redemption page it says quantities limited.

Will anyone generous enough please send a crazed poor Disturbed fan a spare code? :whistle2:( Thanks in advance! :D

FYI to anyone who had the CD delivered and is gonna return it instore:

There is NOTHING on the packing sheet/receipt mentioning the preorder bonus. The return is quick and easy.

[quote name='jp0213']I think we've come to the conclusion that they ran out of codes. At the bottom of the redemption page it says quantities limited.[/QUOTE]

That's a load of crap if that is the case. The deal was 2 free rockband songs if you preorder the CD. Not getting the songs is a bait and switch tactic. I've already opened the CD, now I guarantee there will be a hassle to return it. BBB time I guess...

[quote name='Ruined']That's a load of crap if that is the case. The deal was 2 free rockband songs if you preorder the CD. Not getting the songs is a bait and switch tactic. I've already opened the CD, now I guarantee there will be a hassle to return it. BBB time I guess...[/quote]

That's not a bait and switch. Pulled directly from preorder page (see bolded red):

Get great pricing and free shipping when you pre-order the fourth release, Indestructible. And, while supplies last, when you order online, you'll also receive two Best Buy exclusive bonus tracks for the hot Xbox 360 video game Rock Band.

They said on their pre-order page and even on the disturbed website Quantities Limited or While Supplies Last. As long as they put that in there, no problems with Better Business Bureau and it can't be called a bait and switch.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this hardcore but, I'm tired of people bitching about not getting what they think they are entitled. Even if, they completely read items, that they aren't guaranteed those items by any mean of the word. Don't think you got the service you deserved, whether you were actually entitled to it or not, lets just sue someone. Boo-hoo. Get over it, life sucks and isn't fair.

Going off topic, I'm also tired of the bitching by the people about GameStop's gutting policy. I don't like it either, so I don't buy those copies. Don't like it, go somewhere else. Quit bitching on the forums about it, just because you know how to use a keyboard and find someplace where you think people will listen, doesn't mean we want to hear the same damn complaint from whiny ass people every day. They do it, get over it.

End rant.

It doesn't matter, every promotion on earth says 'limited quantities'. They ran a sketchy bullshit promotion by allowing codes to be used more than once. That should never have happened. That's shitty customer service.

Had they had the system set up like it appeared, then each pre order would have gotten a one time use code, and the promotion would have ended when the codes ran out.

So yeah, it was bait and switch in the sense that they made it look like their codes were unique, and they weren't.

I'd like to see how far you get with that. Any complaint made will be answered with "Yes sir. I'm sorry sir. We'll look into that and make sure it doesn't happen again." End of your complaint file. I will admit, they screwed up by making codes able to be used more than once. It happens, but still not a bait and switch.

Definition of bait-and-switch:

bait and switch n. a dishonest sales practice in which a business advertises a bargain price for an item in order to draw customers into the store and then tells the prospective buyer that the advertised item is of poor quality or no longer available and attempts to switch the customer to a more expensive product. Electronic items such as stereos, televisions, telephones are favorites, but there are also loan interest rates which turn out to be only for short term or low maximums, and then the switch is to a more expensive loan. In most states this practice is a crime and can also be the basis for a personal lawsuit if damages can be proved. The business using "bait and switch" is an apt target for a class action since there are many customers but each transaction scarcely warrants the costs of a suit alone.

False advertisement is the more correct term.

[quote name='jp0213']

False advertisement is the more correct term.[/QUOTE]

So be it.

And I know it's not worth fighting. That's why I grabbed my cd from the mailbox, and promptly drove it back to best buy and got a refund.

You can argue the semantics, but bottom line is people preordered because they thought they were going to get Rock Band tracks. BB mishandled the promotion and people didn't get their tracks. That's not cool, and if I had preordered I would have been seriously pissed.

Besides, how can you have limited quantities of a virtual item? They know how many people preordered, they should have provided enough codes for everyone. The real issue is that they designed their redemption system poorly and allowed people to reuse codes.

Why do you assume that best buy were the ones that setup the disturbed1.com redemption site? Best Buy just provided the code in conjunction with disturbed1.com redemption promotion. If you look at the site, it is a part of the disturbed website so, I'm not blaming them, but the fault of multiple uses came from them. Have we confirmed anywhere that multiple people got the same pre-order code? My pre-order code was different than the one listed in this thread.

WHOIS information on disturbed1xbox.com (redemption site redirect):

Registrant:
Warner Bros. Records
Host Master
3300 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91505
US
[email protected]
+1.8189533555 Fax: +1.8189533555

Domain Name: DISTURBED1XBOX.COM
Registrar of Record: Corporate Domains, Inc.

Administrative Contact:
Warner Bros. Records
Host Master
3300 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91505
US
[email protected]
Technical Contact:
Warner Bros. Records
Host Master
3300 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91505
US
[email protected]

Domain servers in listed order:

NS2.AGENTSOFTHEFREE.COM
NS1.AGENTSOFTHEFREE.COM

Created on..............: 02-Jun-08
Expires on..............: 02-Jun-09
Record last updated on..: 02-Jun-08

Nothing there related to Best Buy. Best Buy gave out the codes they were given by Warner Bros. and that's that. Just because their web designer sucks at his job, no reason to automatically blame Best Buy. Everyone is quick to blame retailers like Best Buy for some stupid reason. Everyone makes mistakes, and for once, it doesn't appear to be the retailers fault.

It was definitely mishandled. I believe it's totally appropriate to parse the limited quantities as "if you order while we say this is available, you will get it" as that's what it usually means-- not "We'll decide later on if you get it or not."

This was a pre-order bonus to get people to pre-order. They should've taken the language off the site-- although I believe those of us who kinda screwed up the system by redeeming codes from this thread mucked the whole thing up-- I'm sorry for my part in that, as I didn't realise they were going to shut it down. :(

They really should do something to make it right, though. Has anyone tried to go through the band's website to let them know the cluster fuck this has become?

If you care, I ordered *THE DAY* it was posted here... got nothing in e-mail and nothing in the CD. I opened the CD after I came back from out of the country. I e-mailed them and received nothing yet from their customer service.

Well, they've saved me from being disgruntled. Great job with the honesty and awesome CS for promising the codes AND giving me $5 off my next order.

Update:

I am Natalia with Best Buy Customer Care.

First of all, thank you for getting in touch with us. I have just read your e-mail and I feel so sorry about this issue. To be honest with you Michael, we are still working to get additional codes, however it may take 2-4 weeks.
I dispatched your case to our Promotions Department so they can send you the codes.
Here is the case number: XXXX, just for future reference.
We will also send you a $5 Digital Coupon as a compensation for this delay.
Sorry again Michael.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.
Natalia

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Well, they've saved me from being disgruntled. Great job with the honesty and awesome CS for promising the codes AND giving me $5 off my next order.

Update:

I am Natalia with Best Buy Customer Care.

First of all, thank you for getting in touch with us. I have just read your e-mail and I feel so sorry about this issue. To be honest with you Michael, we are still working to get additional codes, however it may take 2-4 weeks.
I dispatched your case to our Promotions Department so they can send you the codes.
Here is the case number: XXXX, just for future reference.
We will also send you a $5 Digital Coupon as a compensation for this delay.
Sorry again Michael.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.
Natalia[/quote]

Awesome, did you use the general customer service e-mail? Completely worth my time to send an e-mail for $5.

[quote name='OrngRubberDucky']Awesome, did you use the general customer service e-mail? Completely worth my time to send an e-mail for $5.[/QUOTE]

As a further follow-up, I got my code through BB yesterday. For those who haven't gotten it yet, e-mail them as they are actually working to resolve the issue (shock!)

[quote name='MrNEWZ']As a further follow-up, I got my code through BB yesterday. For those who haven't gotten it yet, e-mail them as they are actually working to resolve the issue (shock!)[/quote]
Did you get a code for the Disturbed website or the actual XboxLive code?

I emailed them a little while back and they sent me the $5 .com code and said it would be 2-4 weeks before they got more song codes. So hopefully I'll hear from them soon as well.

[quote name='jrt1138']Did you get a code for the Disturbed website or the actual XboxLive code?

I emailed them a little while back and they sent me the $5 .com code and said it would be 2-4 weeks before they got more song codes. So hopefully I'll hear from them soon as well.[/QUOTE]

They sent an actual code for Live. So they realized they messed up.

bread's done
Back