2 new platinum hits...

Professor Oreo

CAGiversary!
Lego Star Wars II
Saint's Row

According to an email I got from xbox.com this morning. Expect to see the prices universally drop to $29.99 soon. :applause:

Got the same e-mail, took a shot from the e-mail.

phao5.jpg

Yay Lego Star Wars! Can't wait. I've been holding out on that one for awhile. I won't be getting it now since I'm going to be busy in the next month, but in due time.

Yay! I've been waiting for Lego Star Wars II to drop to $30 and I just bought Saints Row about a month ago for $30 when it was the Amazon DOTD. Good stuff!

Hmm.. well when will this go in affect???
Hopefully for the B2G1 starting on the 29th ....I'd pick up Lego Star Wars for a used price of like $26 =)

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Yay Lego Star Wars! Can't wait. I've been holding out on that one for awhile. I won't be getting it now since I'm going to be busy in the next month, but in due time.[/quote]
Same here.

Hopefully, like all cases of games going PH, the price will drop before the PH-cased games show up and we'll get non-PH cases. :D

Doesn't matter to me either way, as I was just waiting out a price drop on LSW2. Saint's Row, picked it up when it was an Amazon DOTD.

[quote name='PyroGamer']My god those boxes are ugly.[/quote]

haha you ain't kidding. i wish they'd just markdown the price and maybe put a sticker on it. the platinum box art and silver cases looks like crap.

Eh, nothing special. $30 still isn't cheap enough for Saints Row, especially with GTA IV coming out later this year. If I can find Saints Row for $15 or less I will probably buy it.

i wanted to try LSW, i have saints row, it isnt my thing though im getting rid of it soon. now i want a dead rising PH though because i heard that they would add multiplayer when the PH hit shelves!

[quote name='nonrandomhero']i wanted to try LSW, i have saints row, it isnt my thing though im getting rid of it soon. now i want a dead rising PH though because i heard that they would add multiplayer when the PH hit shelves![/quote]

That was just a rumor started last month; it hasent been confirmed or even announced officially, so take it with a grain of salt.

I might have to check out Lego Star wars, what about saints row? I heard it was good, but i'm more of a GTA fan.

I know it's probably a moot point, but for those of you picking up Saint's Row for the first time, you might not wanna play it around kids. It's about as close to Hot Coffee as you can get anymore.

[quote name='David85']Does that mean that Lego Star Wars 2 will lower in price for the other systems?![/QUOTE]
Doubtful. Platinum Hits status is based on 360 game sales.

[quote name='Stingermck']Oh I need Lego to drop at EB, for the sale tomorrow[/QUOTE]

YES! I hope so! That would be even more awesome!

[quote name='Stingermck']Oh I need Lego to drop at EB, for the sale tomorrow[/QUOTE]
I was thinking the same things about Saints' Row.

As I mentioned, it's already dropped. Well I mentioned Saints Row, but they both have.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']As I mentioned, it's already dropped. Well I mentioned Saints Row, but they both have.[/QUOTE]
Well, you just said "at work". I wouldn't have known you worked at GS. I only know now because your comment made me check your profile. The web site still isn't updated, which I was using as a barometer.

So when will they change the Used price? Didn't it take a few days last time we had a sale like this and Fight Night round 3 dropped..?

BestBuy's site still has the old SR price, and $30 for Saints Row is fantastic since I'm loving the demo and want to play the full game... but also want it without that horrid PH cover art, which reminds me way too much of Hollywood Video's rental boxes.

Great deals. I'll definately pick up Saints Row. I have LEGO Star Wars on the original XBox though (yay for unlocking characters for free).

At my GS Lego Star Wars had not changed. And of course the manager knew nothing about it. After I tell him, it dropped, along with Saints Row (which was changed) he replies, "hmmm.....well do you have our discount card?"

[quote name='Stingermck']At my GS Lego Star Wars had not changed. And of course the manager knew nothing about it. After I tell him, it dropped, along with Saints Row (which was changed) he replies, "hmmm.....well do you have our discount card?"[/QUOTE]
Did he scan it? We didn't change all the price stickers yet at my store for example, but it should scan as the new price. I just picked up Saints Row yesterday at the 24.99 used price.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Did he scan it? We didn't change all the price stickers yet at my store for example, but it should scan as the new price. I just picked up Saints Row yesterday at the 24.99 used price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he scanned it. :cry:

Yeah, Lego Star Wars isn't cahnged online either. I want to pick up both of these used in the B2G1 sale. Hopefgully it drop in the next day or two.

Yeah, my GS had Lego SW still at $49.99 and didnt have any used versions, but had Saints Row dropped and had used versions.

[quote name='daroga']Any GS/EB employees offer some insign when/if L:SW 2 might see its drop during the sale?[/QUOTE]
Seems like this issue has come up before, and GS conveniently waits on its price drops until after sales. After all, it's just a suggested price. I've ever seen GS drop the price on the new version while keeping the used version at the same high price--even above the low new price.

[quote name='daroga']Any GS/EB employees offer some insign when/if L:SW 2 might see its drop during the sale?[/QUOTE]
All I can tell you is both Saints Row and LSW2 have dropped at my store. I have no idea why they haven't at others.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']All I can tell you is both Saints Row and LSW2 have dropped at my store. I have no idea why they haven't at others.[/quote]You sure the used price on LSW2 has dropped? It's still $44.99 online, and has been that price at every store I've seen. It doesn't sound like they've dropped it at all.

bread's done
Back