2 "Next Generation DVD's" at 25% off @ HMV Japan

microcuts777

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
If anyone is huge on importing movies - HMV Japan has a (little) discount going on. I just used this for all 5 Band Of Brothers HD-DVD's - Approx. $174 USD including shipping. I know that's not much of a "deal" but it's a pretty reasonable price when you factor in shipping to the US as well...

[quote name='microcuts777']If anyone is huge on importing movies - HMV Japan has a (little) discount going on. I just used this for all 5 Band Of Brothers HD-DVD's - Approx. $174 USD including shipping. I know that's not much of a "deal" but it's a pretty reasonable price when you factor in shipping to the US as well...[/quote]

Did you just order your BoB, mine have been backordered for like a month now. Play-Asia has them in stock for 37.40 USD each but w/ shipping it's like over $200 for the full set.

I ordered BoB from HMV Japan on March 24. The status currently says "On Order", but has an estimated delivery date of April 3rd...is this similar to what you're experiencing hunterrogue? If so, I'll be very disappointed, my bank account however, will be shown mercy for the first time all month.

they have some fuzzy Japanese math. If each movie is 32 bucks US then it should be around 128 total for all 5 movies plus 20 shipping with 25% off for two movies. Their total is like 170ish.

I posted this thread right before I decided to go out on a limb and check at Xploited (before completing the HMV order). Tony was supposed to send me an email when he got BoB in stock. I never got an email, but they are available at Xploited for like $195 + shipping, which is actually what I did instead of completing the HMV order. Xploited operates (and ships) just a couple of hours away from where I live - so I trust receiving my stuff a bit more. I think I'm still going to order Equilibrium (Rebellion) and something else (?) from HMV Japan though.

[quote name='NAmato']I ordered BoB from HMV Japan on March 24. The status currently says "On Order", but has an estimated delivery date of April 3rd...is this similar to what you're experiencing hunterrogue? If so, I'll be very disappointed, my bank account however, will be shown mercy for the first time all month.[/quote]

That's correct, mine first showed an est. delivery date of like March 15 but that came and went. Currently only disc 2 shows as AVAIL.

::keeping fingers crossed::

In case you're interested or didn't know...check out the comparison shots here

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=901348&highlight=Band+Of+Brothers

[quote name='microcuts777']I posted this thread right before I decided to go out on a limb and check at Xploited (before completing the HMV order). Tony was supposed to send me an email when he got BoB in stock. I never got an email, but they are available at Xploited for like $195 + shipping, which is actually what I did instead of completing the HMV order. Xploited operates (and ships) just a couple of hours away from where I live - so I trust receiving my stuff a bit more. I think I'm still going to order Equilibrium (Rebellion) and something else (?) from HMV Japan though.[/quote]

My price at time of order was like $160 though I guess with the volatility of the uSD it's probably gone up

Yeah - the USD to Yen is pretty much 1:1 right now - my order through HMV was like $174 - but I went with the "security" option, and paid Xploited $20 more for the set - but at least I'm sure I'll get it.

Just got my confirmation email from Xploited - BoB will ship tomorrow!!

[quote name='microcuts777']Yeah - the USD to Yen is pretty much 1:1 right now - my order through HMV was like $174 - but I went with the "security" option, and paid Xploited $20 more for the set - but at least I'm sure I'll get it.

Just got my confirmation email from Xploited - BoB will ship tomorrow!![/quote]

What was the shipping there?

bread's done
Back