$2 Off Any Amazon Game Download

[quote name='jkam']It appears this $2 code will work for mp3's, amazon instant video, android apps, and games if anyone is interested in something else besides a game. When you go to amazon instant video and select any movie or whatever you will see this on the bottom:

Have a promotion code? Redeem gift card or promotion code View Balance

You can redeem the code there and also view your balances for each different choice (video, games etc.) Some promo codes are good on multiple things and some are only good for 1.[/QUOTE]

On that note Amazon did send me an email with a separate code specifically for Amazon Instant Video for $2 off. If anyone uses it it might be worth checking your email to see if you got one.

Man wish I didn't use my code on Darksiders 2 DLC. Would have gotten a 400 MSP myself. My Dad put an order in, but its still processing he says.

[quote name='nny']Is there supposed to be tax on points cards? I tried to check out with the 400 msp online code and get charged tax.[/QUOTE]

i'm not condoning this since it's a few cents on a transaction like this, but if you change your shipping address to a tax-free state (like New Hampshire) then they do not charge you tax even as long as your billng address matches your credit card it will go through (since really there is nothing to ship i guess they do not validate shipping address)

... it keeps saying that the code is invalid.

: ((

*edit*

Apparently there was $0.02 from a previous $10 promo that keeps applying and it won't let me use this code. Bah stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just used the code to get the Warlock Master of Artifacts DLC for free. So it's still working, maybe they just blocked it for PSN/Xbox points.

[quote name='diablofreak']i'm not condoning this since it's a few cents on a transaction like this, but if you change your shipping address to a tax-free state (like New Hampshire) then they do not charge you tax even as long as your billng address matches your credit card it will go through (since really there is nothing to ship i guess they do not validate shipping address)[/QUOTE]

This is tax evasion and I don't recommend doing it. Its illegal and definitely not worth it, just saying.

[quote name='rey6eric']This is tax evasion and I don't recommend doing it. Its illegal and definitely not worth it, just saying.[/QUOTE]

Victimless crime. :p

Yeah, the coupon was disabled for console points only. It's still usable on Wii digital game downloads. Just got Super Mario RPG for $5.99.

Damn. That 400MSP would have been nice. I'm 400 short of the Borderlands 2 season pass. Would have been nice to save 2 bucks when I know I was going to pay full price for 400 tomorrow.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Yeah, the coupon was disabled for console points only. It's still usable on Wii digital game downloads. Just got Super Mario RPG for $5.99.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you guys think Wii online game codes from Amazon will work on Wii U virtual console? Id like to pick up Super Mario Bros 3. I am aware they will have transfer software for between systems but I sold my Wii some time ago. Wish Nintendo would let us know more already about the Wii U eShop and TVii details.

[quote name='sainrub']Thanks for the suggestion. Do you guys think Wii online game codes from Amazon will work on Wii U virtual console? Id like to pick up Super Mario Bros 3. I am aware they will have transfer software for between systems but I sold my Wii some time ago. Wish Nintendo would let us know more already about the Wii U eShop and TVii details.[/QUOTE]

I also wondered that. I just added the $2 to my account, so if its possible, it will be sitting there waiting to be used. While looking for MP3s, I checked my balance and there was a box to enter promo codes and it added it to my account, good for MP3s, digital downloads, etc.

I bought a Doctor Who episode from Amazon instant video and the code did not work on it, I also just added a $20 gift card but Amazon decided to charge to my credit card instead (weird)

tried the code again on some armor dlc for Darksiders 2 and that did work

How do you get it to apply for an app? I just tried to buy Cut the Rope and it only gave me the option for 1-click and took it from my credit.

[quote name='weeman43302']How do you get it to apply for an app? I just tried to buy Cut the Rope and it only gave me the option for 1-click and took it from my credit.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they adjusted this code? I would look at any amazon instant video page to check your promo balance.

[quote name='jkam']Maybe they adjusted this code? I would look at any amazon instant video page to check your promo balance.[/QUOTE]

It applied right, but I don't know why it didn't use it. When I clicked on the view promos thing on the app page, it said I had $2.00 worth of app credit.

[quote name='xenozfan2']I used it and it gave me a $2 credit on the mp3, instant video, game downloads, and app downloads! Wow, thanks op.[/QUOTE]
Did the same for me! Thanks OP

I couldn't get this to work for MS Points, but It still worked for a digital download for Capitalism 2.

Thanks OP :D

Thanks op, worked
sig.jpg
a treat

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xenozfan2']When I bought a song I charged my card instead of taking it of the gift balance. Is there anything I can do?[/QUOTE]

You can try contacting Amazon CS, but will probably not help you.
The original terms were the $2 is for Digital game content only; the code has already been re tweaked by Amazon.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']You can try contacting Amazon CS, but will probably not help you.
The original terms were the $2 is for Digital game content only; the code has already been re tweaked by Amazon.[/QUOTE]

They were able to refund my money from the one song but that was it.

bread's done
Back