2 PS3 Controllers

OlDirtyBastard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I was looking at getting a second controller for my ps3 and waiting for a good deal but the right stick on my controller is now broken and I'm stuck with no controller at all. So I'm looking for a cheap DS3 controller hopefully something cheap with a 2 controller bundle.

Thanks in advance.

I think Amazon has the best standard price at $45. Some colors are $43. (60 MSRP I think, seen a few stores at $55).

And there were several game + controller bundles (God of War collection, LBP, etc). The only ones Amazon still has in stock are Infamous and Killzone 2. So that's game and controller for $60. Since the game is normally $30, that's like a half-price controller.

The MSRP on Sony controllers is $54.99 for Dual Shock 3's. You might want to check your local Target(s) OP, since they were set to clearance out the controller/game packs a while ago.

Only other option I would say to consider is going to Best Buy and hoping they have some of the Rocketfish third party controllers in stock. They were on clearance for $9.99 a while ago. Just look around the PS3 game sections on those hooks where they keep the other third party accessories.

They're pretty decent for a third party controller, but you do get what you pay for in that the following is a bit different quality than a standard Sony one:

*weaker battery compared with the DS3(needs to charge more often)
*weaker L2/R2 triggers
*PS button on the controller may need to be 'broke in' and loosened up as it's quite stiff

But other than those three things it's a great controller and well worth the $10 each. It's styled after an Xbox/360 controller though in that the D-Pad and left stick are reversed in their location.

I bought six of them on clearance a while ago and I still have three of them sealed. I just gave another one to a friend who needed a spare controller last week.

The Rocketfish controllers run on Bluetooth too, so they shouldn't be locked out by a firmware update like the USB wireless third party controllers Sony blocked in one of the last updates.

bread's done
Back