2 things I learned while playing Heavy Rain

cheapfrag

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
2 things I learned while playing Heavy Rain:

#1 - Madison Paige has a great ass especially when wearing her jeans.
#2 - I could never do what the Origami Killer demanded Ethan Mars to do. I would have called the cops when I first got the shoe box.

Am I a bad father?

I learned:

1.) Malls are crowded as fuck, especially when you just lost your kid
2.) Even if you blackout and wake up with an origami in your hand, it has jack shit to do with the origami killer
3.) Always walk with a lighter. Even if you don't smoke, it may come in handy if you have to crawl through pitch black pipes lined with shards of glass.

I learned that:

1. Shoddy voice acting can be overlooked - i'm talking to you, Aurélie Bancilhon
2. Highly cinematic presentation and heavy use of scripting in video games= WINNING!

[quote name='ssjmichael']I learned:
2.) Even if you blackout and wake up with an origami in your hand, it has jack shit to do with the origami killer[/QUOTE]

blackout, have an origami in hand AND on the night of a murder (according to the wife), and still nothing to do with the OK.

[quote name='ssjmichael']
3.) Always walk with a lighter. Even if you don't smoke, it may come in handy if you have to crawl through pitch black pipes lined with shards of glass.[/QUOTE]

There were matches at the start of the tunnel, he didn't use a lighter. Did fix that with an update?

If I were Ethan, after the first trial or so I would have brought a complete med kit with me for the rest.

The game violates the space-time continuum... at the motel when Madison checks in, the clock on the wall says October 2012, but at the end of the game the grave stone for the OK says October 2011.

Just got my PLATINUM! Overall a good story I wanted to get back to but sometimes I tired of playing. The first time I played everyone died BEFORE they were supposed to except the killer.

[quote name='cheapfrag']There were matches at the start of the tunnel, he didn't use a lighter. Did fix that with an update?[/QUOTE]

Yeah there were matches, but they will only last so long, hence me thinking a lighter would be better to have on you at all times:)

i learned you can say a kids name too damn many times.

people kill people for stupid reasons.

dont do drugs.

I learned it is ok to have sex with a stranger while my kidnapped son is freezing and possibly about to drown alone in a dark hole.

The only things I learned are that the games graphics became significantly worse than the 2006 E3 demo and that they have really bad judgement when it comes hiding incorrect voice actor accents.

1.) I learned hiding in a Fridge during a fire and building explosion can save your life.
2.) Having your son kidnapped is a aphrodisiac for sex with a stranger. (odd)

1). The FBI needs to better train their agents in hand to hand combat.
2). Kids shouldn't play in construction zones.

[quote name='Average Gamer']1.) I learned hiding in a Fridge during a fire and building explosion can save your life.
2.) Having your son kidnapped is a aphrodisiac for sex with a stranger. (odd)[/QUOTE]

1. The fridge part is quite common in Batman cartoons :)

2. Madison has been stalking Ethan for her story, so it's not a coincidence she bumped into him. As to the sex scene, it's up to the player. So, ahem, it's not that odd :) On my first playthrough, it never occurred to me to have sex with Madison, but I did it on the second playthrough. I told myself I'm doing it for the trophies :lol: But yeah, it was odd that I had to kill her afterward for a trophy too, I'm worse than the origami killer...

My big ones...

1) Some games are lackluster 'games' but should still be experienced because they do something very new... (LA Noire falls into this category)

2) I learned that Sony is really horrible when it comes to software and looking out for their costumers... I got the clock error on my launch PS3 and couldn't play the game. (and even when I contacted them I never got an apology... Still shocked we got anything for the hack.)

3) An interactive movie can be fun to watch/play... yet irritating at the same time. (Doing interesting stuff; cool. Doing mundane stuff; not so much.)

4) If your game is weak on 'game' and all about the story you better...
4a) Make sure everyone speaks with the appropriate accent or it can destroy the mood.
4b) Make sure your story is tight and can hold water... That plot was leaky.

I enjoyed HR just fine, it was a thrilling ride for me and those who watched me play it. Anyway, we have a dedicated HR thread, there are tons of good stuff in there, let it be likes and dislikes of the game. Honestly, I welcome games like HR.

[quote name='Serpentor']I enjoyed HR just fine, it was a thrilling ride for me and those who watched me play it.[/QUOTE]

Overall, I enjoyed it as well. I tired of the "game" aspect and would switch to another game, but I kept wanting to go back for the story. And now that I traded away my copy, I miss my connection to my "friends".

[quote name='Serpentor']Anyway, we have a dedicated HR thread, there are tons of good stuff in there, let it be likes and dislikes of the game. Honestly, I welcome games like HR.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't find the dedicated HR thread... I think it died from lack of attention.

And I stand by my original statement... Madison's butt looks great in virtual jeans!

Doh'
When I read your response (Cheapfrag) "I couldn't find the dedicated HR thread.." i thought you were referring to something else since we were already in an "HR" thread. My wrong interpretation. ;)

bread's done
Back