2 Weeks - 4 Cheap 360 Games

HotShotX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
So over the past 2 weeks I've been holding to the CAG creed and violating the "I shouldn't be spending any more money this Christmas" creed:

My pick ups have been:

Ninja Gaiden II (Used) - $7 - Blockbuster Store Closing Sale
Sonic Unleashed (New) - $10 - Amazon Bought Hasbro Family Game Night for $20+$5 Ship, get another game 1/2 off.
Star Ocean 4 (Used) - Traded Hasbro Family Game Night for SO4 on Goozex (HFGN - 600 Pts on Goozex = $30, SO4, 600 Pts. = $30)
Resident Evil 5 (Used) - $13 on Gamefly

Total Spent: $55
Total Value (Amazon - Cheapest Used Price, No Shipping Costs Added): $71.55

~HotShotX

Except that for Goozex points I say that every 200 points is only $5. I did some calculations when I joined and after shipping several games and I think I came to that considering that you spend about $2+ on each game you ship. But I guess it all comes down to your high point games shipped ratio.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Except that for Goozex points I say that every 200 points is only $5. I did some calculations when I joined and after shipping several games and I think I came to that considering that you spend about $2+ on each game you ship. But I guess it all comes down to your high point games shipped ratio.[/QUOTE]

100 Goozex Points = $5

Keep in mind the only shipping I've had to pay so far was shipping HFGN out on Goozex (and I've never paid more than ~$1.50 on shipping). Everything else is free shipping or B&M.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']100 Goozex Points = $5

Keep in mind the only shipping I've had to pay so far was shipping HFGN out on Goozex (and I've never paid more than ~$1.50 on shipping). Everything else is free shipping or B&M.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

$1.50 shipping? How are sending those games? Media? I'd hate to be the person receiving those games, since they probably take 2 weeks to get there.:roll:

I ship media mail on ebay and sometimes the games arrive in 2 days after shpping, Ive been very perplexed sometimes, but people always say the condition is fine. In fact, Ive had media mail reach destinations quicker than first class.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']$1.50 shipping? How are sending those games? Media? I'd hate to be the person receiving those games, since they probably take 2 weeks to get there.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I just use USPS and select 2-Day shipping. Granted the bubble mailer costs $1.19 from CVS or any other store, but no, 2 Day shipping is just $1.50.

The receipt itself serves as proof that I've shipped something that weighs about 1 video game (~4.7 oz) to the zip code of the receiver, and that's about it.

2-Day Delivery and Pseudo-DC for $1.50. Am I missing something? You seem skeptical.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']I just use USPS and select 2-Day shipping. Granted the bubble mailer costs $1.19 from CVS or any other store, but no, 2 Day shipping is just $1.50.

The receipt itself serves as proof that I've shipped something that weighs about 1 video game (~4.7 oz) to the zip code of the receiver, and that's about it.

2-Day Delivery and Pseudo-DC for $1.50. Am I missing something? You seem skeptical.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

Well, because I've been mailing out items for quite a while now and I've never been offered a '2-day shipping and pseudo-DC' rate before. As for the receipt proving you shipped something to their zip code, so does every receipt for every game/guide package I've ever sent.

But without the ability to track it step by step I'd get more than a little anxious waiting for it to arrive.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Well, because I've been mailing out items for quite a while now and I've never been offered a '2-day shipping and pseudo-DC' rate before. As for the receipt proving you shipped something to their zip code, so does every receipt for every game/guide package I've ever sent.

But without the ability to track it step by step I'd get more than a little anxious waiting for it to arrive.[/QUOTE]

DC doesn't give you that though, technically, since all it tells you is whether or not it was dropped off. In my opinion, a receipt that the USPS has taken custody of the item is the same thing, just cheaper.

As for the 2-Day shipping, I'm not sure what it's called "First Class Mail". I use the Automated Postal Carrier at my post office (you can search www.usps.com for one in your area). It weighs the package, prints the postage, and there you go.

~HotShotX

bread's done
Back