2 Xboxes, 1 Profile

Birbo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
(No, this isn't like 2 girls, 1 cup, I promise)

Just before the holidays, my launch 360 went RROD for the second time. Since it was no longer under warranty, I opted to buy a 2nd system. Then this past week, I saw a Craigslist add to fix RROD systems for $20, so I thought why not.

Now I'm in the unique position of having two 360 systems in the house (because one 360, a Wii, PS3, Xbox w/XBMC and a Dreamcast all hooked up apparently wasn't enough for me). Just wondering what those in my position do for using your profile & game saves. Do you swap the hard drive out to whatever system you're playing, or do you use a memory card for that? Would just the 64mb version be ok for carting my profile and a game save or two around, or should I go bigger? Do you just transfer the profile & saves back to the hard drive when you're on that system? Any opinions/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I take the hard drive out and put it in the other 360. I don't do it often. I don't think using a memory unit would be any different. Although, my 360s are in the horizontal position and it's a bit of a pain trying to take out the hdd like that. I have to pick up the 360 and I'm always nervous about getting the ring of scratches on my games, even though I'm careful about it and turn the thing off first. You could just keep playing on the same 360 in the same place as before like before and if it ever craps out you have a backup hooray!

I have two 360's myself and I just swap the 'main' hard drive from one to the other. Profile(s) and game saves all carry over without a problem. If you don't want to move the HDD back and forth then the memory card would be the way to go; especially if you have Netflix and would like to use it on both systems. Netflix will constantly make you re-authorize each system every time you want to use Netflix... so a memory card just saves a lot of trouble. It's either that or you would have to download your gamertag every time.

Would I have to keep moving the memory card back and forth for my profile or could I make a copy of it to keep on the HD-less system with the memory card?

Just buy a memory card and keep your profile saved on it,its easy to move and that way you dont have to wait to have your profile loaded back onto the system via internet

I used to keep my profile on a memory card so I could easily move it to whatever other system in the house. Although I was drunk one night and accidently erased three years of game saves, last year. I forgot the card at a friends house so I retrieved the account and when I got the profile back I messed up when I was moving it over.

:c Be careful not to press the A button more than once.

Yea, I keep my profile on a memory card. I wouldn't even bother with a 64mb one. Just get a 512 because your profile grows quickly the more games you play.

I keep all game saves and DLC on the HD and just move both over when I need to go to another system. If I'm on the go I will just put the saves I need on the memory card with my profile.

One thing I do suggest is to only download DLC on your primary system, this assures that all the licenses are contained to one system. That way you can always use this system to play downloaded games and DLC even if you get stuck in a situation where you don't have the internet to connect to Live. And it stops you from having to suffer through a very long license transfer to get everything on one box.

bread's done
Back