20,000th Registered CAG Contest Thread - Win $200 good at VideoGameDeals.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Congratulations Ledhead, the winner of the $200 www.VideoGameDeals.com voucher winner!

A big thanks to everyone that is a part of the growing CAG community. We're all helping make the dream of cheap video games a reality.

To celebrate our 20,000th registered user, CAG is going to give away 20,000 pennies in the form of a $200 VideoGameDeals.com Gift Voucher.

To enter this giveaway, simply post in this thread and tell us what being a CAG means to you. Do not post anything but a single entry in this thread.

Winner will be chosen at random.
One entry and post per person.
Contest ends September 30th at midnight EST.[/b]

Being a cheapassgamer has opened up a world to many games I could never afford in the past. Now I can move on my collection without having to spend my food or gas money. It's great having forums were people are so willing to give up a profit to help out someone else a little bit. Cheapassgamer has saved me hundreds of dollars.

Thank you CAGs!

Being a CAG to me is all about bargin hunting. We all love games so much that we would go broke if we paid full price for each of them. So this site and everyone here kind of takes the edge off.

Happy 20k Cheapy.

CAG means everything to me. It's my newfound addiction, and has made me what I am today. It has done so much for me, and the people here are also very nice and helpful. CAG is god.

All hail cheapy! :notworth:

Being a CAG means never having to pay retail price for a game.. ever. I can always come here to find a good trade, good people and a good conversation. Sort of like that TV show "Cheers", only with less alcohol. Not everyone knows my name and they're not always glad I came.. yet. :)

CheapAssGamer is an awesome forum where ic an talk to other game freaks and create a huge gamer network where people are free to discuss and trade games.

Being a Cheap Ass Gamer means, to me, spending hundreds of dollars on games, but getting 10 times more games than that same amount of money would get me for games at full price.

Well im a little late but, CAG is a great place for saving money and meeting people that love games it cant get better than that. Oh yeah this site welcomed me to internet shopping and the greatness of the credit card.

CAG means being a real gamer. Im sure you can go off and spend vast amounts of money on a game, but at the end of the day it's the guy with money left to eat who wins.

I'm Jewish, I was born Jewish, my family is Jewish. But being born in the USSR, and my family spending most of their lives in the USSR, a secular nation, we never knew what Judaism was. I've heard this Hebrew nonsense, and I want nothing to do with it. We embrace few holidays, have few rituals, and don't connect with our religion at all.

But being a Cheap Ass Gamer, that brings me back to my cultural heritage, that connects me to my Cheap Jew ancestors. Here, among the great deals, and the extra pennies in my pocket, I finally feel what its like to be the Jew that I am.

And it feels good.

Thank you CAG.

What does CAG mean to me?

It is brothership, friendship, great savings, a place to rant, to say goodbyes, to say hello, to be off-topic, to get a laugh, to get a cry, to flame at times, and to be flamed.

CAG is life, and it does not compare to no other. Great to see it continue to grow. May it see no end. CAG is us, and I love it.

Thanks for everything.

CAG means that whenever I'm online that I am constantly searching, posting, and discovering great deals from other CAGers even though I'm supposed to be doing my homework. :wink:

While there is a ton I could say, let's cut to the chase...

Being a CheapAssGamer means I can save money on the video games I love, so I can buy even more! And don't forget savings on hardware and accessories, as it all adds up. ;)

CheapAssGamer RULES!!!

Merk

Three words, guys: Target Rain Checks. I've saved enough this year to set me up for a while. Outpost was a great discovery through CAG as well.
Thanks Cheapy!

Being a CAG is being cheap, no matter what. It doesn't matter is it's sealed, comes with instructions, or even plays, if a game is at a cheap enough price, then a true CAG will buy it.

What does CAG mean to me?

Buying all the games I could ever want - and still being able to sustain a lifestyle allowing me to feed and clothe my family. (Even if it is grilled cheese sandwhiches every night and Value Village - but hey)

CAG means I don't have to feel guilty for being cheap. It also means I can finally have the game collection i've always wanted.

Cheapassgamer brought me in with all the great deals but I've found more than a cheap game finding site. Lots of good people are here too to make it a wonderful community as well.

My favorite part about CAG is that I hear about cheap prices on older games, then I get to go check out titles I otherwise might not have bought...

It's amazing how this site drew so many intelligent people. If you've got a gaming question, this site can probably answer it. So many other forums are filled with clueless morons, but here, it's all well run and we get great deals to boot. Kudos.

C-Compulsive
A-Addictive
G-Gamers

I have bought more games because of CAG, so I will be the first one to admit im hooked on this site like crack rock!

CAG means always having a backlog of games to tap into, and always having a funny board to read when i'm not.

being a CAG helped me manage my money for gaming better :D now, im never buying a game for full price; there's always a deal to jump up on :)

great community and great ppl, and sometimes some funny off topic posts too...

keep up the good work on this site; it's a keeper ;)

To me, CAG means sharing with everyone. On the outside, it may look a little shallow: a group of hardcore gamers who are trying to get games as the cheapest possible price. However, there really is a lot of good coming from this place. Because of advanced knowledge of certain deals and specials at stores, my friends and I have been able to help a lot of people. Advanced knowledge of the CC sale allowed me to notify my friends, and in addition to picking up a game or two for ourselves, we were able to buy a wealth of games to give to charity. Fortunately, in my community, there are some generous people who often give gaming consoles to certain less-fortunate children and to various clubs and groups for children. Now, those children will have a few more games to play.

On a related note, I just found out that my local Hollywood Video/GameCrazy has a program that brings video game system setups to the children staying at the local children's hospital. Having been ill most of my life, especially as a child, I spent a great deal of time in that hospital. When a future sale comes up and I am fortunate enough to have some money, I can give back a little something by donating games to the hospital. This is thanks to CAG, of course.

In addition to being able to help charitable organizations and the less-fortunate, CAG is a very friendly place to be for gamers. Everyone here is kind, funny, and very helpful. I haven't been able to take advantage of the trading section, but I've seen others who have been able to get the games they want, by helping others get the games they want. Most of the times, transactions seem to go smoothly, and everyone is happy in the end. Also, it's nice to see the auctions section, since you can see what other CAG members post on eBay. You know that they are more likely to be trustworthy, and you feel better about bidding on eBay.

Also, the reviews and the postings about various games and systems are very helpful and informative, and often (both intentionally and unintentionally) funny and pleasing to read.

In addition to the excellent exclusive deals posted every so often, the members are quick to offer more great deals. It's a neverending cycle of goodness, and I see nothing but great things for the future of CAG.

To sum up everything again, being a CAG means a lot to me. It's basically all about sharing and giving. I'm able to share (If I find a good deal, I'll post about it.) and I'm able to give (Thanks to CAG, I have been able to contribute to charity some things that children will really enjoy. After all, they need some fun in their lives. Also, thanks to various buy low and sell/trade high deals, I am going to be able to give some great Christmas presents to my family this year).

I apologize for the long post, but I hope it shows that being a CAG means a lot more than just being cheap. Being a CAG means being a great gamer, and a great person. :)

Being a CAG means being able to hold a catalouge of over 10,000 game titles and still have enough money to buy a brand new car!

Being a CAG is a privelege that has allowed many of us to transgress the typical boundaries of paying retail price for a game and expanding my collection tremendously. If not for CAG, my collection may still only have have around 300 games like it did a year ago (it has around 500 now). I appluad CheapyD for creating such a great place. Thank you!

Being a CAG means finding new levels of frustration every day. :D

Ever since finding this site, I've been shuffling around my pre-orders like mad! I have to admit, though - I don't mind being frustrated as long as I save a few bucks!

being a CAG means being able to finally grow my video game collection while still being able to have enough for my 7-eleven slurpees

CAG is a website that I visit often, perhaps too often. As said in it's description, I hate paying full price for games. This site is my number 1 resource to find great prices. This site is filled with people who have a passion for gaming (except maybe trolls), and it's easy to make friends on these fourms. I'm trying to get my '1K posts & all I got was this lousy rank ' rank. This site rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back