20-30% off Hori Arcade Sticks at Hori USA, Ends 10/22

SDC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
http://shophoriusa.com/
The following HORI Exclusive Offers can only be used in combination with the following items:

PROMO CODE: HORI10E120
360 Real Arcade Pro. Premium VLX
PS3 Real Arcade Pro. Premium VLX
360 Real Arcade Pro. EX-SE
PS3 HD Monitor 3

PROMO CODE: HORI10E130
360 Fighting Stick EX2
360 Real Arcade Pro. EX
PS3 Fighting Stick 3
PS3 Real Arcade Pro. 3
PS3 Wireless Fighting Stick 3

Any other use of the promo code will result in cancellation of your order.

This promo is until Friday, 10/22.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, now I'm torn between getting a TE or a HRAP. A VLX for 240 still a bit much though.

[quote name='n1c0']Damn, now I'm torn between getting a TE or a HRAP. A VLX for 240 still a bit much though.[/QUOTE]

I've been totally enamored with the VLX since it was announced. It is more money, but it is totally awesome. If they cancel my order I'll probably pay the extra $30 and just do it, but..
Yeah, you could buy a TE stick for PS3 AND 360 and still have spent less, so it is pretty hefty.

After a few days of debate, ended up biting on the EX-SE to go with my TE. Considering most other outlets have it at $130+, $80 isn't a bad deal though not sure if it's free shipping or not. Says it's free shipping on Real Arcade family, but not sure if that's allowed to stack with the other offers, worth it either way. Now I'll have one seimitsu and one sanwa accommodate different tastes. The VLX looks pretty sweet, but there is no way I could ever justify it to myself unless I got a few more promotions at work.

Thanks for the heads up here, been considering some lower end sticks for my "guest" stick and now I can justify getting one on par with my TE.

Props to Markman for letting the community know:
This promo ends on Friday the 22nd.

And props to Hori for being cool dudes and shipping my VLX!

Just got a response from Hori regarding the free shipping on RAPs mentioned on the front page. Apparently due to cuts in price on at least the EX-SE I ordered they said they decided to still charge some shipping. A bit lame there, but still $87 or so shipped is a pretty excellent deal for a stick of this class.

Looking forward to getting my hands on it and doing some comparisons against my TE.

[quote name='Mighty Tor']Just got a response from Hori regarding the free shipping on RAPs mentioned on the front page. Apparently due to cuts in price on at least the EX-SE I ordered they said they decided to still charge some shipping. A bit lame there, but still $87 or so shipped is a pretty excellent deal for a stick of this class.

Looking forward to getting my hands on it and doing some comparisons against my TE.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. I was wondering why they added shipping when I considered ordering a HRAP V3-SA, and I guess that explains it. Too bad they don't run a tight enough website to let customers know that kind of stuff up front.

The TE is still better, and i got my EX-SE for 70 bucks. I will say that i like Seimitsu sticks better than Sawna's. That was the plus side to getting this stick.

My impression is that they produced about the same number of EX-SEs and HRAP3-SAs, and that the HRAP3-SAs sold out first. This would hardly be a surprise, since an all-Sanwa PS3 stick was bound to be more popular than, well, just about any 360 stick. I regret not buying one from Amazon last holiday season, when they were on sale for ~$80 shipped.

Anyway, if anyone else is wondering about the EX-SEs... I own two of them. It's the best stick ever made for shoot-em-ups. I have a J360 and almost every shmup on the system...and the Seimitsu sensitivity really shines for shmups and other arcade-style action games. The stick basically becomes an extension of yourself. A light push is all it takes. Buttons are super-sensitive too. If you think it, it happens.

For fighting games it's good too, but the stick will feel too sensitive at first and you'll need to get used to it. Once you're used to it, it's great, but I have to say that I ultimately prefer Sanwa parts for fighting games.

[quote name='yyr']My impression is that they produced about the same number of EX-SEs and HRAP3-SAs, and that the HRAP3-SAs sold out first. This would hardly be a surprise, since an all-Sanwa PS3 stick was bound to be more popular than, well, just about any 360 stick. I regret not buying one from Amazon last holiday season, when they were on sale for ~$80 shipped.

Anyway, if anyone else is wondering about the EX-SEs... I own two of them. It's the best stick ever made for shoot-em-ups. I have a J360 and almost every shmup on the system...and the Seimitsu sensitivity really shines for shmups and other arcade-style action games. The stick basically becomes an extension of yourself. A light push is all it takes. Buttons are super-sensitive too. If you think it, it happens.

For fighting games it's good too, but the stick will feel too sensitive at first and you'll need to get used to it. Once you're used to it, it's great, but I have to say that I ultimately prefer Sanwa parts for fighting games.[/QUOTE]

That's why I ended up with one EX-SE and one TE, they can both work for shooters/fighting games when guests are around, but I can also have a specialized stick for each genre for solo play. I love the sanwa for fighting games, looking forward to the seimitsu for shooters.

Still going to need adjusting regardless, since most of my shooting games have been played on my PC arcade console with super heavy stainless steel perfect 360s, which I actually really like for the shooters, though not as much for fighting games which is the main reason I bought it in the first place.

bread's done
Back