$20 Games on Amazon to use credit on

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Ok so I have a couple $20 credits on amazon from ordering games and was looking for games to buy but can't seem to find anything that isn't either a 5 year old game or that isn't a lot cheaper somewhere else. Before anyone suggests just using it on preorders I've already done that on anything that I was interested in and still have 5-20 promotion credits to use. Any suggestions would be helpful. If the games are a good deal and over $20 I'll shell out the extra money for it but cant seem to find anything that I can't get for the same or cheaper somewhere else without using the credit. Also if anyone knows any flips to just change it into cash then I could just use it to buy some games off gamefly's sale

Yes I am aware that paragraphs are my friend I just didn't see the point due to the post really not being all that long. As for consoles I own them all and for game types I'm not into sports games or racing games but other then that I play pretty much everything else.

My two games for this year are Halo Reach and CoD Blackops

Of course Microsoft points are on sale so that's something not bad, For the arcade this year I know of Monday Night Combat which is fun, and coming out sometime soon is Might and Magic which is a Vs. puzzle attack type game

I was thinking about ordering some microsoft points but I have 3000 points right now and haven't bought anything on live this year yet. That is however my if I can't find anything I guess I could pick up a few 3 month live cards and some microsoft points.

I already have both halo and cod preordered using other $20 promo credits that I had from earlier this summer.

I'm in a similar position, and I usually look to stack my promo credits by pre-ordering a game that comes with another $20 future credit. However, I can't find too many of those at the moment - I already have Reach pre-ordered, and I don't usually go for the Treyarch-developed CoD games.

Does anyone know of any such type of deals going on now? I've checked this "Bonus Offers" page on Amazon and have not seen much worth springing for.

(Just checked again, and noticed Dead Rising 2 has a $10 future credit - that might be worth it)

if you can't find anything, you could cancel and get from walmart instead. they give you gift cards you can use on anything and they dont expire. if you want to stick with amazon, you could also put the credit towards a preorder as well...just dont cancel before the credits expiration date or you wont get it back

Thats where my problem comes in Kefka. I have a wall of video games so I can't seem to find anything thats sold by amazon that isn't either a crappy game or I don't already own. I guess I'm really looking for some games that are on sale that I've missed because I thought they were more expensive.

You could always use the $20 cards to put down on a future pre-order game. Maybe Gears of War 3 for April 2011 release?

From my past experiences, credit you receive from Amazon for preordering a game expires two months after you receive the game you preordered. Is that true for others? If so, is there anyway around to extend it? Lastly, if the credit expires within two months but you use it to preorder a game say that is released next year, will the credit still apply for it or will it be expired and invalid?

No, you just have to use it before it expires. So preordering works fine.

To OP. I suggest waiting to see if there's any good deals before it expires and as a last resort pre-ordering some sort of popular game. Maybe, MvC3 or Brink.

Sorry, kinda off topic, but, can you really use the $20 credit on Microsoft Points/accessories, etc? I thought the credit was only towards an actual game (well, at least that's how they seem to word it), but if you I can get MS points, that would be awesome.

Yes you can use it for ms points and live cards. Danny I own all of those games except for the lego batman and I can't say I'm a huge lego fan. I have at one point or another owned indy 1 and 2 and star wars and didnt really care for them so i sold them. I also now have the dilemma that I dragged my feet to long and my prime expired so now I need to find stuff thats like 25 bucks or if anyone has found anything on amazon that can be a 1:1 swap to gazelle that would work as well. I was gonna grab mirrors edge as was suggested but its not actually sold by amazon which is apparently one of the catches even though its fufilled by amazon it doesnt count.. I should have just grabbed a bunch of 1600 ms points when i still had prime.

It only takes $20 at a time or else I would grab a couple new release games that I would love to own for free. I grabbed brutal legend as I am curious as to whether or not that game is any good.

I find it odd that your credits don't stack. I've had multiple credits from Amazon before from preorders and they just automatically stacked for me. I had to manually take one off if I wanted to save it for later. I dunno, I haven't had more than one at a time for about 3 or 4 months, so maybe it changed.

Maybe you could contact customer service to see if they can stack them for you? It's worth a try, I'm sure you'd rather have some bigger games for free rather than a bunch of cheaper titles you can't even think of

Tried contacting them and they said they couldn't do it. The person did say I could try ordering one $60 item and then call right after and try and get them to apply two more $20 but she wasnt sure if it would work.

I buy a lot of games for people who just give me the cash for them and I knock 10 bucks off so that they save 10 and I basically make 10 assuming that I use all the credits

bread's done
Back