$20 Gaming Coupon w/ Special Ops The Line Premium Ed(PS3 and 360) at Kmart next week

JP73

CAGiversary!
That's pretty much the Kmart Ad. Only other deal is a $20 Gaming coupon with any 3DS.

Amazon and Best Buy are offering only 10 dollar GCs for pre-order,

As with all Kmart coupon deals, you have to be a SYWR member.

oh hell yes!!! was gonna do the best buy $10 for spending $50 thing in some way to get out ahead but this is way better and less time consuming.

Not know what (or if there will be any) the future Kmart deals are takes all the fun out of buying from them. I don't want to be stuck with coupons I have to spend on MSRP items before they expire

[quote name='GBAstar']Not know what (or if there will be any) the future Kmart deals are takes all the fun out of buying from them. I don't want to be stuck with coupons I have to spend on MSRP items before they expire[/QUOTE]
that's a fair point. i guess i could just spend the $20 on more clearance items unless there is some stipulation that the games can't be on clearance.

also, are all 1st run copies premium edition? that isn't a special thing reserved for amazon and best buy, right?

[quote name='PublikDefender']that's a fair point. i guess i could just spend the $20 on more clearance items unless there is some stipulation that the games can't be on clearance.

also, are all 1st run copies premium edition? that isn't a special thing reserved for amazon and best buy, right?[/QUOTE]

You can spend those coupons on clearance or even PSN/Live cards.

And I don't know if all of them are premium Editions, but the one pictured in the ad is. So I'm guessing it is not a Amazon/BB thing.

I might go for this. I remember asking Josh about Spec Ops awhile back. (sigh)

SHC-GAMER!!!!!

[quote name='PublikDefender']oh hell yes!!! was gonna do the best buy $10 for spending $50 thing in some way to get out ahead but this is way better and less time consuming.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy has added more bonuses. 1 free Spiderman blu ray movie. You pick from Spiderman 1, 2, or 3. Plus, those movies contain a movie ticket with a value of $10.

So now you get $10 for instore pickup, $10 a free movie, and a $10 movie ticket =$30 in goodies.

[quote name='Stinker101']Best Buy has added more bonuses. 1 free Spiderman blu ray movie. You pick from Spiderman 1, 2, or 3. Plus, those movies contain a movie ticket with a value of $10.

So now you get $10 for instore pickup, $10 a free movie, and a $10 movie ticket =$30 in goodies.[/QUOTE]

You're confusing this game for The Amazing Spider Man video game that releases the same day.

[quote name='Stinker101']Best Buy has added more bonuses. 1 free Spiderman blu ray movie. You pick from Spiderman 1, 2, or 3. Plus, those movies contain a movie ticket with a value of $10.

So now you get $10 for instore pickup, $10 a free movie, and a $10 movie ticket =$30 in goodies.[/QUOTE]

Is there another offer from Best Buy the Spiderman BR? According to the Best Buy ad you'll only get the BR when you purchase The Amazing Spiderman, not Spec Ops.

Never really knew much about the game outside of sand tech. Fortunately Destructoid is streaming part of the game. It looks interesting.

[quote name='GBAstar']Not know what (or if there will be any) the future Kmart deals are takes all the fun out of buying from them. I don't want to be stuck with coupons I have to spend on MSRP items before they expire[/QUOTE]

This^ I could possibly use that coupon a Rock Band Keyboard bundle, and it would be $20. I'm surprised they haven't dropped lower than that considering they're sitting there and collecting dust, lol.

[quote name='Sway']Is there another offer from Best Buy the Spiderman BR? According to the Best Buy ad you'll only get the BR when you purchase The Amazing Spiderman, not Spec Ops.

Never really knew much about the game outside of sand tech. Fortunately Destructoid is streaming part of the game. It looks interesting.[/QUOTE]
That stream/chat was pretty cool. Thanks.

I kind of wish I signed up for the chat, so I could have asked questions. But, I figured since the guy was focused on casually playing the game, any technical issues will be covered in reviews.

The impression I got from watching the stream is that it's an atmospheric shooter with interesting sand physics (e.g. shooting glass to get mounds of sand pouring over enemies, or stunning enemies with clouds generated by grenades).

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone think this game is going to hold up in price for long? the hype is very low, the demo was decent but seemed just like socom 4 really.

I don't plan on getting it yet, so i don't know. But that is something that can be remedied right there with a manager. It is in the ad and they have plenty of them in store. Also, you have to have them scan your SYWR card. It won't print unless the card is scanned or they look you up.

I want this game and this deal would be enough to make me jump on it if Josh was running stuff and I knew what to expect down the line. But I don't want to have to get a free 1600 MSP card the day the coupon expires because there were no good deals.

I gotta say this about K Mart: More than ever, they are turning into a wasteland. The game section is so small at my local store that it looks like they are packing it up to move. The problem is, though, they aren't. It just looks that way. They take an extra day or two to put out new releases, that is if they even order them in the first place. Their coupon train was great last year, but if you can't find anything you actually want to but there, then it isn't really all that helpful. :/

[quote name='Stinker101']delete[/QUOTE]

Delete what? What are you talking about, the deal is still live?

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']does anyone think this game is going to hold up in price for long? the hype is very low, the demo was decent but seemed just like socom 4 really.[/QUOTE]there aren't many games that hold their price anymore so no. There's nothing special enough about this game to keep it @ $60 when other titles have hit $30 or less fast. You'll see this for $40 before July ends.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']does anyone think this game is going to hold up in price for long? the hype is very low, the demo was decent but seemed just like socom 4 really.[/QUOTE]

It's tough in this market for a lot of games to maintain their original price, unless it's like a Nintendo-exclusive Nintendo-made game like Zelda or Mario. New games are coming in all the time and shelf space has to be cleared.

bread's done
Back