20 GB Playstation 3 Refurbished 349.99

I wouldn't be too concerned with what people have said in a GameStop review. God only knows how many of them mean anything. But I would pass simply because a little more money can net you a 60GB in some places. And while the hard drive space might not be the biggest issue, you still get built-in wireless and the card readers.

I got one of these 20GB's recently and it is great. I haven't had any problems. I used that Sony credit card deal to get 100 bucks off.

I then spent 100 bucks on a 250GB hard drive. I had to have a system with the superior backwards compatibility and I ended up with a great overall purchase IMO.

I took this route for a Blu-Ray player, and after initially getting a bum one, the Gamestop near me was not only quick in finding me a perfectly fine replacement but were also really apologetic. I know that everyone rips on GS (and the store that fixed things has burned me in the past) but every once in awhile they get things right, and this is a great option for those with too many games (I brought mine down +$250 with junk I no longer play), no concern for wireless, and a need to have Blu-Ray (and of course, MGS4 soon).

I've always been hesitant about refurbished items. It is a good price though, considering the backwards compatibility, the wireless capabilities, and the relative cheapness of larger hard drives.

I wonder what Gamestop will give for a used 20GB.

I'm thinking of selling mine to get a 40GB. I never use the backward compatibility.
Is there something wrong with your system? If not, I'd pass. You'd basically lose money to make, at best, a lateral movement and a get a BD movie.

Is there any way to get wireless internet with the 20G model at all? Like is there some kind of wireless adapter I could hook up with it? Anyone know, because if so, this may be the route I'll go...

[quote name='ww3676']Is there any way to get wireless internet with the 20G model at all? Like is there some kind of wireless adapter I could hook up with it? Anyone know, because if so, this may be the route I'll go...[/quote]

Yes, you can get a wireless adapter that plugs into the ethernet port. I've seen a lot of people on PS3 boards suggest the Linksys WGA54G...

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Sate...nksys/Common/VisitorWrapper&lid=2661900349B01

...simply because you can often get one cheap on eBay. I have a 60GB unit, so I have zero experience with it, but like I said, I have seen plenty of people suggest it.

[quote name='DetroitSportsFan']I wonder what Gamestop will give for a used 20GB.

I'm thinking of selling mine to get a 40GB. I never use the backward compatibility.[/quote]

Hell, if you find Gamestop's offer to be less palatable than you originally thought it would be, then list it on CAG. I'm sure SOMEONE would buy it from you. Hell, I'd probably do $50 or more over their offer, depending on what it is.

So, keep us informed.

EDIT: I just checked the CAGwiki and a 60gb model was getting a meager $250 in trade value @ GS as recently as 12/29/07, so I'd imagine that the 20gb model is about half that or MAYBE a little more($175 would be my estimate).

So again, like someone else said, keep the system since I doubt it's worth enough to make it a near even swap for a 40gb.

bread's done
Back