$20 gift card @ Target with 3 Wii launch titles

trevor2001

CAGiversary!
This offer has circulated now from a scan of the Target flyer. It states offer is only good on launch day. Hopefully they will have more copies of the games than actual systems for people who pre-ordered elsewhere.
wiipamphlet1.jpg

Thanks for the deal, I definitely might check it out launch day. Just want to point out that you can get close to the same deal at Best Buy at $5 off per game with GGC plus 2% back (yay o_O) Reward Zone. Good if Target is sold out or you only want two games.

I was already planning on picking up Red Steel and Zelda on Launch Day and I wanted a third one but was planning on waiting a while before picking one up. This deal is very tempting for me to pick up a third. NOw, the question is which one to get. Monkey Ball, Madden, or Rayman?

I was gonna post this but i lost the little ad.

They also had carry cases, tin cases, and a collectors dog tag/lapel pin set but the pin/dogtag set was 25 bux. I was like O HELL NO U DIDNT.

But its good to see that stuff is coming very very early and they are getting the word out early.

I fondly remember a similar deal with Xbox360 games on launch day. Here's hoping some PS3 titles get some luv @ Target eventually.

In any case, here's the tentative list of launch day Wii titles (according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii#Confirmed_launch_titles ) :

Avatar: The Last Airbender (THQ Studio)
Barnyard (THQ)
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII (Ubisoft)
Call of Duty 3 (Activision)
Cars (Rainbow Studios THQ)
Elebits (Konami)
Excite Truck (Nintendo)
Far Cry: Vengeance (Ubisoft)
GT Pro Series MTO (Ubisoft)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo)
Madden NFL 07 (EA Sports)
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Raven Software Activision)
Metal Slug Anthology (SNK Playmore)
Monster 4x4 World Circuit (Ubisoft)
Need for Speed: Carbon (Electronic Arts)
Open Season (Ubisoft)
Rapala Tournament Fishing (Activision)
Rayman Raving Rabbids (Ubisoft)
Red Steel (Ubisoft)
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab (THQ)
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (Sega)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Ubisoft)
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam (Activision)
Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Atlus)
World Series of Poker (Activision)

My personal picks will be Zelda, Metal Slug Anthology, & Trauma Center.

Hmmm.

So since I have to campout anyway, I could go to Target, get the game + 3 titles, get this card, get the Target CC card and save 10%, and then use my Gamestop credit to buy extra Wiimotes and things.

This is making me a little happier I didn't get a pre-order.

Jeeze, if I want to save some cash, I would have to trade in my console for $50 at EB Games, buy the console, get the games at Target and use the $20 toward some accessories. So much for one stop shopping! But give it some time and all the stores should have some unique offers. Thanks for the post, i'll have to calculate my plans some more!

[quote name='Strell']Hmmm.

So since I have to campout anyway, I could go to Target, get the game + 3 titles, get this card, get the Target CC card and save 10%, and then use my Gamestop credit to buy extra Wiimotes and things.

This is making me a little happier I didn't get a pre-order.[/QUOTE]
OMG awesome. Me too. I think I know someone other than me to see this offer roll around. Only problem? Two other games to get... I'm thinking Zelda, and possibly Rayman.

Yeah I'm trying to decide if I should even get 3 games. I mean I plan on getting Zelda and Super Monkey Ball, and the system already comes with Wii Sports. I wonder if I'll even have time to play a 4th much less those 3.

...But Red Steel, Rayman's Raving Rabbids, Trauma Center, and Excitetruck are so tempting...

I might just have to wait for more CAG deals before I bite on those.

Nice! These are my picks:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo)
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (Sega)
Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Atlus)

I'll definitely be checking this out. :)

Hmm...I'm thinking Elebits, Marvel, and maybe Trauma Center or Red Steel.

If you're looking to trade your games after you play them, Zelda and Trauma Center will probably hold their launch value the longest...a lot of those other titles will drop in price used rather quickly.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Last I'd heard, Elebits was set back to December 12th. If I'm wrong, please show me, but gamestop is showing it to be then.[/QUOTE]

This is truth.

I would do this, but I just feel like their collection will be next to nothing on launch day. If I can't get at least 2 out of 3 of Zelda/MonkeyBall/Red Steel, it's not worth it to me.

Might do it with Zelda, Excite Truck, and Rayman, but the last 2 are games that I normally would only pay about $20 for. I know it's launch day, but it will be a tough choice. I'll probably do it just because I'll get overexcited on launch day.

[quote name='biggyfries']zelda, red steel, and trauma center are mine!! nice to save $20 too...[/QUOTE]

count me in for those picks too!

[quote name='trevor2001']new pix
149051218053_290.jpg
149051257093_290.jpg
[/quote]

Oh SHIT. A gift card so beautiful I cannot redeem it.

I give up Target. You had me at hello.

*swoon*

[quote name='Tybee']Oh SHIT. A gift card so beautiful I cannot redeem it.

I give up Target. You had me at hello.

*swoon*[/QUOTE]

Thank god I'm not the only person who had these exact thoughts.

Wtf Target.

I GUESS I'LL JUST HAVE TO BE HAPPY WITH GETTING 10% OFF.

[quote name='TimPV3']Same deal with the PS3 (too bad nobody seems to care)[/QUOTE]

Will a respective "glowing" black PS3 giftcard be available, too? I'm a Target junkie. Also, will the PS3 game promotion be on launch day Friday (17th) or that same Sunday? I really do care.

Holy fuck that gift card is awesome. I'm actually regretting having credit at EB now. If only there were three launch titles I wanted...

[quote name='jezebelseven']Holy fuck that gift card is awesome. I'm actually regretting having credit at EB now. If only there were three launch titles I wanted...[/QUOTE]

agreed, i wasnt able to get a preorder at eb and I have a ton of credit there, so even if I buy all the games, controllers, and extras I want I will still have credit left over which forces me to try to buy it from them :(

[quote name='Strell']Any chance you could use the card and keep it?

It really is most excellent.[/quote]

Using it online seems like the best bet to me.

If I get one, I'm sure as HELL not going to risk losing it! Target.com, here we go.

[quote name='Strell']Any chance you could use the card and keep it?

It really is most excellent.[/QUOTE]

Cashier just needs to scan the imprinted barcode on the backside, then keep the card for yourself.

^ Oh sweet, that's good news. I didn't know that. Never used a card there.

Anyway, this is a cool deal. I've been planning to hit up Toys R Us to do all of my Wii shopping, but I might buy Zelda at Toys R Us and head immediately over to Target with a buddy to buy the other 6 games I want (each of us buying 3) so I can get $40 in gift cards. That'd be great.

Just did some rough math, and if you buy the Wii, and 3 games, get the 10% off from the CC, then go back and use the $20 gift card on an extra wiimote, you will save roughly 65 bucks. Not too bad. Unless some other deals come around or it is discovered that Target has an extremely low supply, this might be the route I go. I was only planning on buying one extra game or so at first and reading some reviews on the others, but if you are buying the console + 1 game and 1 controller already, it basically amounts to b1g1 on the next two games.

fuck this deal. I already preordered zelda at GS. I might now have to get red steel, excite truck, and COD3 at target, then prett much get a free retro controller. SOO TEMPTING

[quote name='trunks982']hmmm glowing card. i wanna get that. i remember they had a star wars darth vader voice card or something like that.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I got the Darth Vader Star Wars Gift Card last year. You pressed a button and Darth's light saber would light up (with the sound included) and then you could hear DV breathing. It only cost me $5.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Cashier just needs to scan the imprinted barcode on the backside, then keep the card for yourself.[/QUOTE]

Correct. They are refillable. Even the cheapy ones, the cashiers ask if you want to keep it or add to it.

And yes... I want one!

[quote name='leapfrogX']Thanks for the deal, I definitely might check it out launch day. Just want to point out that you can get close to the same deal at Best Buy at $5 off per game with GGC plus 2% back (yay o_O) Reward Zone. Good if Target is sold out or you only want two games.[/quote]

With all apologies for my ignorance of the matter and its slightly off-topic nature, can comeone tell me what a Best Buy GGC is, and how the whole thing works? Thanks.

[quote name='leapfrogX']Thanks for the deal, I definitely might check it out launch day. Just want to point out that you can get close to the same deal at Best Buy at $5 off per game with GGC plus 2% back (yay o_O) Reward Zone. Good if Target is sold out or you only want two games.[/quote]

With all apologies for my ignorance of the matter and its slightly off-topic nature, can comeone tell me what a Best Buy GGC is, and how the whole thing works? Thanks.

bread's done
Back