$20 Multi-Consoles Component Cable = good deal?

there was a previous thread about these component cables, they are good quality cables... and they make everything more convenient when you have multiple consoles so dont have to keep changing out the cables everytime you want to play a different system

The switch probably prevents the problem most multi-console cables have of signal degradation when plugged into multiple consoles at once. I'd get them if I wanted anything plugged in with component.

Components are okay. The s-video ones are the type to avoid. Usually they're pretty cheap and the pins tend to bend real easy. Either that or I have horrible luck.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Components are okay. The s-video ones are the type to avoid. Usually they're pretty cheap and the pins tend to bend real easy. Either that or I have horrible luck.[/QUOTE]

I have a madcatz xbx/gcn/ps2 s-video cable that works fine. I did spend a few extra $ to get a brand I had heard of--my friend had a bad experience with a no-name one (sound didn't work on the gamecube part of the cable).

I'd rather just use an A/V switcher, as it looks like the end that connects to the consoles is rather short. You'd practically have to have the consoles sitting on top of each other.

The s-video one that broke on me was an Intec. Must have been a faulty one because Intec's usually pretty good. Not exactly #1, but reputable enough. I did manage to fix it. The problem was a few pins were crooked right out of the box. I bent them back and inserted the cable carefully, and don't intend on unplugging it ever again, lol.

Not bad...at first I taught it was only XBox/360/PS2....because the ones I got was from Gamestop/EB for $15. Extra $5 for the Wii compatibility isn't bad.

These things are pretty amazing. It is better than an AV switch. THe picture quality is the same, no degrdation. highly recommended.

If your consoles are a little more spread out, like mine, the Penguin Pro AV switch is a great alternative. Just got reviewed on gear.ign.com

No signal degradation as it is a powered switch.

the madkatz ones tend to work great, and then randomly start giving artifacts. i have had 2 madkatz, one still works the other is crappy

I have one of these and it works just great. Very handy and the picture looks as good as the original cable. I don't have a Wii yet though so I can't comment on that.

My only gripe is that the cord is a little short for my tastes. If it was a foot or two longer it would be perfect. The cords to each of the consoles is a bit short too. But as long as you have them pretty close by to one another it shouldn't be a problem. As everyone else as said this is a nice cable.

[quote name='velvet396']If your consoles are a little more spread out, like mine, the Penguin Pro AV switch is a great alternative. Just got reviewed on gear.ign.com

No signal degradation as it is a powered switch.[/quote]

I see no such review.

anyone have any play asia coupon codes?

[quote name='velvet396']If your consoles are a little more spread out, like mine, the Penguin Pro AV switch is a great alternative. Just got reviewed on gear.ign.com

No signal degradation as it is a powered switch.[/quote]
Actually, I have that and it does on the Gamecube. Though, that's plugged through the AV port...

I also noticed that I have to switch both it and the X360 on and off several times before the signal goes through and reaches the TV. Not too bad a deal seeing that I got it for about $40 under retail at Amazon and it was the best choice I had at the time because all those multi-cables where either too short or badly reviewed. Still though, it works okay I guess.

Oh well, will have to check out the cable the OP mentioned regardless! ;)

[quote name='hhhdx4']I see no such review.
[/quote]

http://gear.ign.com/articles/786/786517p1.html

Can anyone comment about the ones on play-asia? I am about to order these because I am getting a Core Xbox 360.

I hope there's no signal loss.

Does anyone have a recommendation if I only want my 360 and my DirectTV hooked up to component on my television but only have one component jack?

from my experience there was sever picxture loss on the 360, although they didnt even work on my ps2 so im hoping it was jsut a defective cable and the replacment will do the job.

bread's done
Back