$20 off $50 Purchases at Walmart.com when you use Paypal!

albino_hippo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
68 (100%)
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
To be eligible for the Offer, you must: (1) have a confirmed U.S. PayPal account in good standing, (2) receive an email directly from PayPal inviting you to participate in the Offer, (3) purchase using your PayPal account that has the same email address where you received the email invitation, and (4) make an eligible purchase no later than December 15, 2008.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This assumes that you have recieved the email for this offer! If you were a registered PayPal user before December 5th and didn't see it, run a quick search in your email; it may or may not be there![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is from the email I got:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shop now and save with an exclusive PayPal deal at Walmart. Use PayPal when you checkout at Walmart.com and we'll give you $20 cash back on your order of $50 or [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]more!* [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here's the link in the email I recieved. It goes through PayPal, but it doesn't redirect to a specific page regarding the $20 off.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Anyways, just letting you guys know. If there's something wrong here, please politely let me know.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Terms and Conditions:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*Receive $20 cash back on a single purchase of $50 or more excluding tax and shipping. ("Offer") Offer applies to transactions on Walmart.com when you use PayPal as a payment method. Offer begins December 5, 2008 and ends December 15, 2008. The maximum amount of cash back per PayPal account is $20USD. The cash back will be deposited into your PayPal account by January 15, 2009. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To be eligible for the Offer, you must: (1) have a confirmed U.S. PayPal account in good standing, (2) receive an email directly from PayPal inviting you to participate in the Offer, (3) purchase using your PayPal account that has the same email address where you received the email invitation, and (4) make an eligible purchase no later than December 15, 2008. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Excluded transactions from this offer include, but are not limited to the following: PayPal Mobile transactions, PayPal Plug-In transactions (formerly named: Virtual Debit Card) service, gift certificate payments, gift card purchase, PayPal ATM/Debit Card payments, payments made when you are not logged into your PayPal account, automatic and/or recurring payments you have scheduled, and PayPal Plus Credit Card/eBay MasterCard payments not made through your PayPal account. If the payment is refunded or cancelled at any time, you are not eligible for the Offer. If the payment is refunded after you receive the cash back, PayPal will deduct the cash back amount from your account. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PayPal reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify part or this entire Offer at any time without notice, for any reason in its sole discretion. This Offer cannot be resold or transferred.[/FONT]
imgHLDYspcr_1x1.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This email was sent to *email address taken out*, because your email preferences are set to receive the PayPal Periodical newsletter and Product [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Updates. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]© 2008 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

EDIT: According to the T&C, it can only be used if you recieve the email, use the link provided in the email, and checkout with the Paypal email that this offer was sent to. It might be worth a try to use my link and see if it works for you.

If all else fails, this topic can be a reminder to those who may have skipped over their email without noticing this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be eligible for the Offer, you must: (1) have a confirmed U.S. PayPal account in good standing, (2) receive an email directly from PayPal inviting you to participate in the Offer, (3) purchase using your PayPal account that has the same email address where you received the email invitation, and (4) make an eligible purchase no later than December 15, 2008.

That's the important bit, I think. Looks like it only works if your Paypal account specifically has enabled it.

yeah...saw this on SD. apparently you need to have received the email in order to qualify. all i got from paypal was an offer for a mastercard. :(

[quote name='tianxia']That's the important bit, I think. Looks like it only works if your Paypal account specifically has enabled it.[/quote]

Yeah, I found that just now. The link I posted redirects through Paypal, maybe one might be able to get the cashback through my link, most likely not though.

I was going to get excited about this, but I just watched an anti-Wal-Mart documentary on netflix and I'd feel dirty. :(

Damn. I've got a $20 Walmart gift card lying around since I never buy stuff from 'em. Combining that with this would've been pretty good but I haven't got the email.

I use Paypal frequently and I've ordered from Wal-mart.com in the past. Where's my E-mail offer? :oldman:

I've never purchased from Walmart.com, but as a frequent Paypal user, that's undoubtedly the reason I got the e-mail.

Still, every game is conveniently under $50, which sucks for an individual purchase. Could combo some blu-rays....

I got the email today. It says that funds will be deposited back into your account by January 15th, so it isn't instant or anything.

[quote name='bridgecat']I was going to get excited about this, but I just watched an anti-Wal-Mart documentary on netflix and I'd feel dirty. :([/quote]

haha, i have that in my Que. i've hated walmart for years now. i'm sure this doc will let me know why...

Just checked my email and lucked out! Thanks for the heads up OP! I grabbed motorstorm pacific rift for (essentially) $40 :)

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Damn. I've got a $20 Walmart gift card lying around since I never buy stuff from 'em. Combining that with this would've been pretty good but I haven't got the email.[/quote]

You can't use PayPal to check out if you use a Walmart giftcard to pay part of the purchase.. I just tried it and didn't work...

Too funny. I was going to mention this earlier. I received it first thing this morning, and was ready to hop on buying Prince of Persia for the 360.

You can't find the game that cheap with the $20 off anywhere, considering it just came out. I had it in my cart and was ready to check out, when I saw that you have 60 days to actually used the $20 off deal.

So I'll wait for things to come down a bit. I have enough to play with for now. Fable II arrived in the mail today, as did about 6 other new games (God of War 1 & 2, Pure, etc.).

My tip: Don't be in such a hurry to use this right away. Wait for Walmart to run some specials closer to X-Mas first and you'll make out golden.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Not this shit again.[/quote]

Huh?

I hope I get one of these in my e-mail. Like someone said above, it could come in really handy closer to Christmas. Or whenever, really. A brand-new game for, ostensibly, $40?

And as someone else said above, yes, Wal-mart is anathema. And I, too, have that Wal-mart doc in my queue. :)

[quote name='shadowkast']thanx I did over look the e-mail[/quote]

I just realized that I did, too!! Fished it out of the trash. Wow. Glad I realized. Thanks, OP!

[quote name='Telemakhos']Too funny. I was going to mention this earlier. I received it first thing this morning, and was ready to hop on buying Prince of Persia for the 360.

You can't find the game that cheap with the $20 off anywhere, considering it just came out. I had it in my cart and was ready to check out, when I saw that you have 60 days to actually used the $20 off deal.

My tip: Don't be in such a hurry to use this right away. Wait for Walmart to run some specials closer to X-Mas first and you'll make out golden.[/quote]

More like 10 days ;)
Offer begins December 5, 2008 and ends December 15, 2008.

[quote name='bridgecat']I was going to get excited about this, but I just watched an anti-Wal-Mart documentary on netflix and I'd feel dirty. :([/quote]

[quote name='von551']haha, i have that in my Que. i've hated walmart for years now. i'm sure this doc will let me know why...[/quote]

You should watch the episode of Penn and Teller's BS that has to do with Wal-Mart haters. I was a Wal-Mart hater until I saw the story from an objective point of view rather than a biased one.

[quote name='Example']I've never purchased from Walmart.com, but as a frequent Paypal user, that's undoubtedly the reason I got the e-mail.

Still, every game is conveniently under $50, which sucks for an individual purchase. Could combo some blu-rays....[/quote]

That theory doesn't hold much water; the woman received the $20 of $50 wal-mart purchase in her email and she hasn't used paypal since 2000 - where I use mine somewhat frequently and I received a credit card offer (whoopee).

yeah I haven't used PP in over a year, and I got the e-mail...

I like this line:

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']PayPal reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify part or this entire Offer at any time without notice, for any reason in its sole discretion. This Offer cannot be resold or transferred.[/FONT]

I got the email, and figured I'd finally pick up NBA 2K9 for a nice price, but to my disappointment it's OSS online :(

Just checked my email and sure enough I have this offer. Weird thing is that they keep on sending offer after offer (paypal). I've been offered three 10% off coupons and a mastercard offer. Wonder if it has anything to do with my $4.00 balance on paypal.

[quote name='bridgecat']I was going to get excited about this, but I just watched an anti-Wal-Mart documentary on netflix and I'd feel dirty. :([/QUOTE]

How silly. Go and watch the "Wal-Mart" episode of Penn and Teller's "Bullshit" and you'll change your mind.

[quote name='Sofa King Cheap']How silly. Go and watch the "Wal-Mart" episode of Penn and Teller's "Bullshit" and you'll change your mind.[/quote]

Some of their episodes are good, but mostly, they are two miserable, unhappy, jerky people who pass the miserable, unhappy, jerkiness around and steal the fun from life.

Not that Wal-mart being evil is fun, mind you, but I just don't see how they could refute what happens when a Wal-mart comes into town. I've seen my city go gaga over Wal-mart as all the family-owned, downtown businesses spiral into the grave.

Sorry, I really don't want to turn this into a Wal-mart thread. I should probably not be posting this!

I have a good reason to hate Walmart. I worked there for a little over a year. That and me and my friends and family have had some bad experiences shopping there.

[quote name='j.elles']I have a good reason to hate Walmart. I worked there for a little over a year. That and me and my friends and family have had some bad experiences shopping there.[/quote]

Yeah, good point. I don't need to say mean things about Pen and Teller or even cite my flagging community as an example when the proof is in their employees, who they treat like utter crap. Their wages are poor, insurance policies non-existent, all so we, as customers, can get the "low price. always."

They act like they're an All-American company, but their stuff is all manufactured where ever it will be cheapest to produce.

But maybe "All-American" simply means capitalistic survival of the fittest where you do everything in your power to make as much money as possible.

I'm really sorry for posting this. I feel guilty. This is the last from me, so flame me all you want if you desire! I'll just lay down and take it.

All that said, I am going to use the $20 off $50 thing, although I don't shop at my local Wal-mart. (My family does, though, despite my thoughts on the matter.)

My email says it has to be a "single purchase" - what does that mean? A single item or can it be a single purchase of multiple items?

[quote name='Demix500']Wonder if this would be good for gift cards.[/quote]

Nope. See exclusions.

Anyway it's a $20 cashback. It's not an instant $20 off.

I just used mine :). Now, it's again time for the waiting game.

does anyone know yet if you need to click on the walmart link in the email to get the money back? If not, I have several sites that give you cash back for using their links to enter sites. Every little bit helps :)

Tempted to do SOCOM bundle for $40 but I'd prefer a $50 PSN card if Walmart had it online and/or it eligible (not sure if it is or not).

Can't you buy a $50 gift card from Walmart to get the $20 Paypal? Then use that $50 gift card to get that PSN card at a b&m Walmart?

Oh my, what have I done...

I'll check out the Penn and Teller episode. My Dad's friend used to perform on the streets of Philadelphia with one of them, can't remember which. It's always good to get some perspective, but it won't matter much anyway since there are no Wal-Marts near me since Chicago won't let them it.

UPDATE:
Just watched the Penn and Teller episode. Interesting points. I'd heard them all before, still don't know how I feel. Basically the arguements boil down to "people have choices, what you think are bad choices, are good for them." Sweatshops are better than the alternative for workers in poor countries, consumers choose to shop in malls (malls drive out downtown shopping, not big box stores) and at Wal-Mart, and workers choose to work at Wal-Mart because they have few other job opportunities. Some Wal-Marts still bully their employees, do they do this more than a Target or small store? I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SniperREX']Nope. See exclusions.

Anyway it's a $20 cashback. It's not an instant $20 off.

I just used mine :). Now, it's again time for the waiting game.[/quote]

Do the terms and conditions state when the cashback will happen? What if its weeks? Months?

bread's done
Back