$20 off $75 ToysRus.com with Paypal

All right. I will swear that deal changed right before my eyes. First, it did say it was for toys only. Now, it appears to only exclude video game hardware. Hmmmm, really can't afford to be wasting anymore money, but this might be worth it.

It's not just you, I saw just a couple of minutes ago also that it would work for games, also I think the code they gave was TRUPAYPAL40, but it doesn't seem to be working anymore

edit: Okay I just double checked. This code doesn't exclude games TRUPAYPAL20. PAYPAL20 does. There are two different links, each with it's own code.
Here's the only one we all care about:
http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2929539

Seems to work with the video games. There's also a $10 dollar off, if the order is over $100 (worth of video games), auto-combined w/ paypal's promo.

i was about to preorder games b/c it does say the "get $20 off $75" off GT5 Prologue for PS3, haze, devil may cry 4, etc.

and now it's $20 off $75. still debating on what to get...

I can't seem to combine both the $10 off and $20 off coupons.

edit: Nevermind, it seems like the total needs to be over $100 after the $20 off in order for the $10 off to apply.

20 off of 75 is great... too bad none of the nice deals (the wireless headset, live cards, etc) are gone from the site right now...

[quote name='Patrick Bateman']Too bad I blocked paypal from my bank account because they kept taking money out for no reason.[/quote]

PayPal doesn't do that? /shrug

[quote name='jw1976']i tried combining, but once you apply the paypal code, it negates the $10 off $100[/quote]

That's because with the paypal discount your total drops to under the $100 needed to make the offer valid. Try adding something small to your cart and it will reappear.

No MOre Heroes is in there but I get a feeling that I should be getting something for preordering it. DAMN Zack and Wiki not being there!

Too bad Blue Dragon hasn't dropped on the site, otherwise I'd be tempted to get in on this even though I'm basically broke right now.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']it says right on it excludes games + consoles... i missing something?[/QUOTE]

Video Game Hardware = Consoles.

Thought about the 360 wireless headset but the reviews on Amazon are decidedly mixed. Maybe the wired headset included with my 360 is sufficient.

[quote name='ICEPICC']any good fillers for $10 & under. Prefer 360 stuff

.[/QUOTE]

They have a one month XBox Live sub for about $5. Not the best of deals, but in the range.

This was a good deal, until they tacked on $30+ for shipping to Hawaii. Once again shipping kills an otherwise good deal. With free shipping I was going to get:

Mass Effect
Lego Star Wars: Complete Trilogy
1600 MS Points

All for 102.XX Shipped. After I input my address, the total shot up to 135.XX. :(

How fast is TRU with shipping pre-orders? I want to get No More Heroes and either Endless Ocean or Professor Layton with this, but I'd like to have them sometime shortly after release.

[quote name='WhiteRob']How fast is TRU with shipping pre-orders? I want to get No More Heroes and either Endless Ocean or Professor Layton with this, but I'd like to have them sometime shortly after release.[/quote]

Wouldn't count on it, my stuff from the last deal was all over the place. Stuff that was coming out in the next week or two after the sale took 3-4 weeks to get to me.

Got Scene It (360) (about the only thing I wanted that I didn't get for Christmas) and 4000 MS points (those are going quick with Rock Band) for $95.61 shipped--not bad.

Got Scene It (360) (about the only thing I wanted that I didn't get for Christmas) and 4000 MS points (those are going quick with Rock Band) for $95.61 shipped--not bad.

[quote name='turls']Wouldn't count on it, my stuff from the last deal was all over the place. Stuff that was coming out in the next week or two after the sale took 3-4 weeks to get to me.[/QUOTE]

Or you'll get charged the full amount of shipping for your filler item only to never get the game you ordered (like my Bladestorm pre-order)

[quote name='MrNEWZ']20 off of 75 is great... too bad none of the nice deals (the wireless headset, live cards, etc) are gone from the site right now...[/quote]

Live cards are there for me, I got 4000 points and Scene It (360). Not super great deal because I didn't really need another $10 filler, but I "needed" both of those anyway.

[quote name='turls']Live cards are there for me, I got 4000 points and Scene It (360). Not super great deal because I didn't really need another $10 filler, but I "needed" both of those anyway.[/QUOTE]

Points are there, yes... but the subscription cards (outside of the badly priced 1 month card) are not.

Shame Rock Band for the 360 is OOS. I was looking for that today at Circuit City, the only store in my area without the 360 version in stock.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Or you'll get charged the full amount of shipping for your filler item only to never get the game you ordered (like my Bladestorm pre-order)[/quote]

I'm sure a lot of people did Super Smash Brothers on the last deal, are you saying I may not get it? Previously people said pre-orders eventually come in the other thread. I never did one this far out with TRU.

[quote name='turls']I'm sure a lot of people did Super Smash Brothers on the last deal, are you saying I may not get it? Previously people said pre-orders eventually come in the other thread. I never did one this far out with TRU.[/QUOTE]

They're pretty good about preorders. The last time they had buy 1 get one half off I preordered GH3 w/ guitar and it arrived a week after release.

Just got 1 Wii Points card and 3 XBL 1600 point cards for about $68 shipped--I got a partially discounted shipping (something like $4.11 off $4.84, weird...). Anyways, about $17 including shipping/tax but I need them for this Rock Band DLC and some VC games.

I was going to buy GTA4 special edition, but it doesn't seem to want to work for me. Plus tax and shipping is $14.00. Better for me to get it from amazon I pay for prime anyhow.

Not even stuff I wanna pay that much for, and the last time I pre-ordered something I didn't get it for over 2 weeks. Nice deal though.

Couldn't resist pre-ordering Smash Bros and Apollo Justice... $65 for both shipped, minus my SMG giftcard. I'll be busy with other games anyway, so it's okay if they take awhile to arrive.

[quote name='WiiGame']after all the deals that TRU has had this year, does anybody not have all the games they want yet?[/quote]

Sadly, so true

[quote name='gantt']Thought about the 360 wireless headset but the reviews on Amazon are decidedly mixed. Maybe the wired headset included with my 360 is sufficient.[/QUOTE]

To my understanding the first gen version was just above crap. They have since tweaked it to the quality it should have been from day one. That would explain the mixed reviews.

[quote name='Corvin']To my understanding the first gen version was just above crap. They have since tweaked it to the quality it should have been from day one. That would explain the mixed reviews.[/quote]

I've seen writeups that said the Halo version is improved. I haven't seen confirmation that they revised the white one. It would be logical to do so, but logic often doesn't enter the picture. And if they did, how could I confirm that I had received an improved one? I'd need a rev or serial number for the transition.

Ouch. Rock Band is in stock. $21.84 in shipping. So you are essentially getting $10 off.

I think I'd rather just wait and buy it in store with a GS or BB 10% off coupon.

I bought many goodies. I bought 4 Xbox Live 1 months subscription cards (because I only need them for short periods since I'm usually away from home), 2 Wii Points cards, 1 4000 Points Microsoft Points card, and a PS2 Component Video cable (kind of hoping my Xbox dies so I can get an HDMI version and free up a component video port). I used a $85 gift card so I paid like $15 after the $10 off game accessory and $20 off PayPal order. Good deal. And shipping is free on a lot of those game-related items, so take a look.

Not too shabby of a deal. If there's a game that you were going to pay retail price for anyway, you can basically throw in a $20 item (like a point card) and essentially get it for free. You pretty much have to pick stuff that has free shipping, though, or it kills it quite a bit.

Picked up Scene-It LCA for 360 and a 1600 Xbox Live point card for about $64 shipped after tax. That's not too bad at all, considering the game comes with four 'buzzer' controllers and probably won't drop much in price anywhere. Of course, I originally screwed around on their site for about an hour trying to figure out a combination to get just over $100 for the extra $10 discount, only to find that the $20 PayPal discount removes it... lol.

If damn Guitar Hero III (wireless bundle) for the 360 was in stock, I'd be all over this with a 1600 pt live card. Gotta keep watching, see if it comes back in stock.

bread's done
Back