20% off all DVDs, Blus and CDs at Liquidated Circuit Citys YMMV

coolflea216

CAGiversary!
Just got back from my local CC that is being liquidated. All the DVDs, Blu Rays and Cds were 20% off. Most of the stores other inventory was 10% off including video games.

Someone check it out but by my math (that is, assuming my start price is right), you're looking at 20% off of $35 price tags, making titles $28. Not a good deal by most measures.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Nothing will be left.

Interesting that none of the ones in New England, but one, seem to be closing. We have them everywhere, I hate them.

And here is a list...

http://gizmodo.com/5074947/the-complete-list-of-dead-circuit-city-stores[/quote]

Yeah, I was at the one in Holyoke, Mass today just to see if they were closing so I could grab a new reciever for cheap, but sadly it's not closing. It's too bad, that store is a total failure.

Yeah, most of the blu rays were in the $25-$40 price range, thats why I didn't buy anything. You should have seen all the people buying electronics and what not for 10% off the high sticker prices. There are better deals in the Sunday ads. Luckily the store is at the corner of my street so I can stop in every day and maybe find a deal when the prices drop more.

[quote name='opterasis']Yeah, I was at the one in Holyoke, Mass today just to see if they were closing so I could grab a new reciever for cheap, but sadly it's not closing. It's too bad, that store is a total failure.[/quote]

Yeah I hate that one too, complete shithole.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yeah I hate that one too, complete shithole.[/quote]

I used to live up in springfield, MA and yes that one near the holyoke mall is a shitthole. But the one down in east springfield is the worst, by far. & I can't believe both of them arent closing. But where I live now on Long Island, NY, all of them are closing besides two (in westbury and hicksville). This really kills my back friday plans since I have noticed that circuit city has the best deals on black friday for the $2.99 and $3.99 dvd's as well as the $12.99 and $14.99 DVD TV Show Seasons... Bummer. (The Enfield Circuit City is the Best!)

The one in Springfield is only worse because the people there are dead and stupid. However Holyoke has gotten pretty bad. There is one bigger woman that used to work in the Holyoke one that might save the store, she is awesome. The Springfield one is only open because Walmart is a disaster and there is no other place for the poor people to buy things they shouldn't be buying. That whole area of Springfield is just ungodly. The TRU in Springfield is also open while the Holyoke Mall one is a Babies R Us now! I can't get over that. The Holyoke Mall one was awesome, and the Springfield one is a pithole of hell.

*end of rant* :)

The problem with the liquidation is that it's 20% off of MSRP, which is the manufacture suggested retail price... so you buy a DVD at Best Buy for 9.99 and it's 14.99 at Circuit City-you take 20% off of 14.99 and it's still more than what you'd be paying at Best Buy.

Wait it out. I'll be buying Blu Rays when it's 75% off.

def wait a week or so they will come down when they dont sell

bread's done
Back