20% off ALL games at going-out-of-business CC

EscapeDummy

CAG Veteran
May be old news, but the CC near me is going out of business and EVERY game is 20% off, regardless of what it is.

Most things in the store also range from 15-40% off... but when I went there most of the good stuff was gone. However, If you're looking to pick up a game which didn't come out in the last month or two, chances are it'll still be there (it is for the east palo alto CC at least)

The store near me is going out of business. The 20% off is off of original price though so none of the deals were very good at least for my store, it was plucked mostly clean.

[quote name='Doc Bacca']The 20% off is off of original price though[/quote]

Agreed. I found better deals at the CCs that weren't going out of business.

CDs though are 40% off --- now THAT isn't such a bad deal b/c you end up paying about $7.50 per new CD.

most big items are anywhere from 5-15% off, but you'll be hard pressed to find anything at 15.

i know that most consoles are 5%. since va's state tax is 5%, that just eliminates tax.

[quote name='mhnajjar']How about big things like TVs and Cameras?[/QUOTE]

Here in Northglenn, CO, most of the store is 30% off including TV's and Home Audio. A lot of other stuff is 40% off as well.

[quote name='cmndrhavok']Check the CC clearance thread as well, some games are priced regularly, but are scanning the clearance price +20% off.[/quote]

thanks
icon_smile.gif

will do that as well.

Not really a deal, to be honest. Gordon Brothers, the liquidator that was hired by CC for their closing stores, is quite infamous for inflating prices above regular MSRP and then taking the discount off of the inflated price.

You'd be better off sticking with the non-closing stores for deals as they're cheaper and don't have that 'all sales final' risk attached to purchases.

I went to an Atlanta-area store that's shutting down like a week or two ago and something that I knew to be a clearance title did indeed ring up at the clearance price, minus the discount.

[quote name='saturnotaku']PC games are now 30% off at the CC that's closing near my office. Just picked up Crysis Warhead for $20.99.[/quote]

Saw that too, but decided to hold off a bit for possibly a better deal. My store said they probably wouldn't be closing until closer to Summer... don't know how that is possible though with a 10th less stuff every week. CDs are pretty much cleaned out too.

This may only apply to the CC's by me that are all closing (all 3 of them), but keep in mind that they also keep games behind the counter that you may have to ask for.
The store that's about 5 minutes from me still had dozens of copies of Fallout 3, Fable II and Far Cry 2 just sitting, which I think were the last big-name games released before the liquidation. The games on the floor are all basically picked dry, but I did find the last copy of The World Ends With You on Black Friday, no less...

its like compusa, you should wait a couple of more weeks as they get closer to the bigger sales. i waited until the sales were at 50% and at that time the majority of things were still there, so if it was me, id hold off.

my CC here thats closing still has 80% of their inventory and i doubt 20% is really going to make the people rush there to buy all the games.

[quote name='expane']YMMV B&M flag needed[/quote]

Not sure how YMMV it is. I've been to two going-of-business CC's 40 miles apart and they both were marked down the same amount in each of the store sections.

[quote name='crunchberries']Not really a deal, to be honest. Gordon Brothers, the liquidator that was hired by CC for their closing stores, is quite infamous for inflating prices above regular MSRP and then taking the discount off of the inflated price.

You'd be better off sticking with the non-closing stores for deals as they're cheaper and don't have that 'all sales final' risk attached to purchases.[/quote]

Agreed. My brother was looking for the Rock Band base guitar and it was $89.99 with a 10% discount at the CC which is closing near my house. However, it was $69.99 at the CC near my friends house, which is not closing.

[quote name='crunchberries']Not really a deal, to be honest. Gordon Brothers, the liquidator that was hired by CC for their closing stores, is quite infamous for inflating prices above regular MSRP and then taking the discount off of the inflated price.[/quote]

Tell me about it. UT3 for PC was "marked down" to $34.99. Wasn't even the collector's edition! Most places sell it for $19.99 now as a standard price.

I seen a Twitter Center that went out even faster then Circuit City

I seen someone buy a 64" Samsung HDTV Fully loaded Flat Screen LCD for $2400. ((Dont know if thats a good deal or not but it sounds like one.))

I went to one by my house and they had fairly new games.

If I went do you think they would have left 4 dead (360)?

I missed my chance to get it cheap and now Im playing a *special pc version* and i really want to buy the real game

20% is lame! Off of regular price. I saw the PS3 Force Unleashed for $40 before the store closing and now its $48 with this pitiful discount!

And the selection of new games was pretty dismal after the 10% came. 10% off full retail??? CC was giving giftcards worth more! Only non-CAGs would buy a new game for even 20% off. I got 3 used current games at Gamestop under the B2G1 deal. That was almost 50% off each. Wish my dumb ass got on the ball and got a EDGE card. I JUST ordered one on the $2 deal. Anyone know if they will adjust my bill within 30 days of the sale?

Last edited by a moderator:
Only 7 on used games...they might have been flexible with it if you bought the Edge card from them to help their numbers.

But if they were current games at $54.99 each, you would have saved $9, so it would have cost $6 in store...$4 more than the GI deal, but you get the card immediately and with the subscription. Worth it, IMHO.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']Here in Northglenn, CO, most of the store is 30% off including TV's and Home Audio. A lot of other stuff is 40% off as well.[/QUOTE]

I always wanted to go check that store out but I was :roll: since it is a 25 minute drive to a CC and then nothing else since I have never been there lol

Do they have the DSLR Cameras on sale also?

BTW, how is that hot sexy Lucy? :drool:

The Circuit City's on Long Island are now 40% for Console and PC Games. Should be the same for mostly everyone! I know because I work and soon to be "worked" there.

The CC near me (Trussville, Al) was at 40% off games. Not a whole lot of great deals (most items were still at full price like Orange Box), but I did pick up FF 4 for DS for $26.

Hi guys
I posted in the deal/shopping forum first b/c that was the first thread that I saw when I searched for the cc out of business sale thread. Any way if any of your circuit city's still have the collector's edition of :

Fallout 3 Collector's Edition (xbox 360)
Saint's Row 2 Collector's Edition (xbox 360)

They both rang up 36.99 at the 40% level so they messed up on the price as being the regular edition. This might be ymmv but I went to two different stores for these two titles. Checked the next day and they were all gone at one store. Will check at the other one soon.
Also found Oblivion Game of the year and it rang up 17.99 so it must have been priced at 29.99.

On another note how much do you think I should pay for a psp god of war limited edition?Does it matter that this is an older version or should I wait new one?

Good Luck finding them and will give thanks ahead of time for the people who answer my question.

bread's done
Back