20% Off and Free Shipping on $29.99+ Orders at GameStop.com

chivista

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]16349[/IMG-R]Use coupon code GS30 to receive 20% off and free ground shipping on in-stock orders totaling $29.99 or more. Excludes consoles, bundles and special editions. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 7/9/10.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jskatt21']Could you buy a new game and then exchange it later for a game that comes out at a later date. For instance could you buy Red Dead Redemption (new) for $59.99 and then exchange it later for Madden 11?[/QUOTE]

In-store, you mean? You'll only be refunded what you pay. So, if you bought Red Dead new for $48, you could only return it for $48 credit, and only withing a week of delivery.

Emailed them about taxing my Edge card credit and Free Ground Shipping not working. Tax is being refunded and they bumped my order to the correct UPS Ground shipping.

Email them ASAP and they have always come through for me.

I called corporate about the tax thing on some of my orders when I had used all credit and the guy said no you have to pay tax.

[quote name='nnickers']In-store, you mean? You'll only be refunded what you pay. So, if you bought Red Dead new for $48, you could only return it for $48 credit, and only withing a week of delivery.[/QUOTE]

Actually, when you order online, you have 30 days from the date on the PACKING SLIP to return it in-store or mail back (at manager's approval, but I've never had a problem). As always, if it's a new item it has to be returned unopened.

Anyone tried calling CS about the $10 coupon codes after the fact and seeing if they'll take off AFTER completing the order? I know they did that for me with SSFIV, maybe I'll try this tomorrow too. Lord knows I have like 3 of them.

[quote name='BiggNick']Anyone tried calling CS about the $10 coupon codes after the fact and seeing if they'll take off AFTER completing the order? I know they did that for me with SSFIV, maybe I'll try this tomorrow too. Lord knows I have like 3 of them.[/QUOTE]

So, are you proposing that they might let you stack two coupons that specifically say they cannot be stacked just because you call?

Thanks for the tip on stacking 25USED and the $10 coupon from the GS mistake the other day. Picked up CoD WaW for $19.99 - $5.00 - $10.00 + $2.99 shipping + tax = $8.54

Yay, going to kill me some nazi zombies :)

Sounds like a good deal even though I haven't used Gamstop online for used games. Could somebody give me a rough estimate of the chances a game will come with the original case and manual?

[quote name='AwakenedCloud']Sounds like a good deal even though I haven't used Gamstop online for used games. Could somebody give me a rough estimate of the chances a game will come with the original case and manual?[/QUOTE]
3.5 to 1.

However, for the most part, you'll have a greater chance if you're buying a game that's relatively new.

[quote name='sadunk']Doesn't say anything about hard drives but can't fucking use it.[/QUOTE]

God! That is so unfair!

[quote name='happydogs']Just got an e-mail on this. Now through Friday, get 20% off and free ground shipping on all in-stock games $29.99 or higher with code:

GS30

Happy hunting, CAGs.
[/QUOTE]
Good thing you just got it, because CAG has had it for weeks.

[quote name='dino88']Two different codes. Check it again.[/QUOTE]

really, dude?

they're codes for the exact same discount and they both expire 7/31. . .don't be an ass. :shame:

[quote name='BloodAC']really, dude?

they're codes for the exact same discount and they both expire 7/31. . .don't be an ass. :shame:[/QUOTE]
Actually, GS20 is expired now. I don't know why they would even bother changing it, unless they were fixing something by making it GS30 now or something.

you guys are something else. :nottalking:

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Actually, GS20 is expired now. I don't know why they would even bother changing it, unless they were fixing something by making it GS30 now or something.[/QUOTE]

the code in the original thread isn't gs20 - it's 20fgs.

[quote name='BloodAC']you guys are something else. :nottalking:

the code in the original thread isn't gs20 - it's 20fgs.[/QUOTE]
Ah, my bad. I hadn't used it in a while and didn't bother checking.

Also, upon trying a few titles, it seems like GS30 isn't active yet, and 20FGS is still active.

I'm sorry if this seems kind of off topic, but I got an email from GS mentioning this code, along with a few other deals; namely, it says that they will take $5 off Lego Harry Potter for ordering it online. It doesn't list a code or anything, just says "We will magically make $5 disappear from the price". I've gone through the order, used my $20 off coupon code, and SAVER for free shipping, but when I get to check out I never see the $5 taken off. I even went through not using any coupon codes and it still remains full price. I have only tried it with the Collector's Edition, so I'm wondering if that may be it? Anyone else had an issue like this in the past?

*EDIT: Just tried with the regular edition and no other coupon codes, still didn't see $5 taken off anywhere.

[quote name='MistaBones']I'm sorry if this seems kind of off topic, but I got an email from GS mentioning this code, along with a few other deals; namely, it says that they will take $5 off Lego Harry Potter for ordering it online. It doesn't list a code or anything, just says "We will magically make $5 disappear from the price". I've gone through the order, used my $20 off coupon code, and SAVER for free shipping, but when I get to check out I never see the $5 taken off. I even went through not using any coupon codes and it still remains full price. I have only tried it with the Collector's Edition, so I'm wondering if that may be it? Anyone else had an issue like this in the past?

*EDIT: Just tried with the regular edition and no other coupon codes, still didn't see $5 taken off anywhere.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14

So is 20fgs not running through the month anymore? I was planning on waiting to see if there were any daily deals to match it with, but it seems weird that they'd run two identical promotions with one ending sooner; makes me worry they're going to abruptly end 20fgs.

[quote name='MistaBones']I'm sorry if this seems kind of off topic, but I got an email from GS mentioning this code, along with a few other deals; namely, it says that they will take $5 off Lego Harry Potter for ordering it online. It doesn't list a code or anything, just says "We will magically make $5 disappear from the price". I've gone through the order, used my $20 off coupon code, and SAVER for free shipping, but when I get to check out I never see the $5 taken off. I even went through not using any coupon codes and it still remains full price. I have only tried it with the Collector's Edition, so I'm wondering if that may be it? Anyone else had an issue like this in the past?

*EDIT: Just tried with the regular edition and no other coupon codes, still didn't see $5 taken off anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Id like to know if you find a way to get an extra $5 off, id like to purchase the wii version.

I just got an email from GS saying if you use code GS30 on items $29.99 or higher that're in stock it'll give you 20% and free ground shipping just like the code in the OP.

Not sure what the occasion is for this, but for once it is well times (since GS is rarely the better deal), picked up both FF IV and Gears of War 2 GOTY (I am not sure how or why but even though FFIV was below 29.99 some auto coupon kicked in to take off 5 bucks).

In the end it was almost 10 bucks cheaper than if I got them from amazon so that's great!

Wow between this, my impending Starcraft II limited edition preorder (plus blazeblue which I threw in when I ordered it due to a special), as well as that Xbox360 slim reserve, I am throwing a lot of business Gamestops way lately. Granted, only the Xbox slim I am getting locally.

Hmmm, my cart total with three games is $53 (two new one used) but I can't get the codes to apply. Is this possibly only on individual games over $30 instead of total? Also a possibility that I'm incompetent.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Both of these just seem to be used on orders with titles $30 or more. A big bundle of used stuff doesn't trigger it.[/QUOTE]

I noticed this too. I put two used games in that were $35 together, but the coupon code wouldn't trigger. I tried putting in one used game over $30 and it worked. They either need to fix the code or change the description.

OP need to update.
20FGS expiration has been moved up to July 8 while GS30 expiration is July 9

Looks like I won't be able to use this one for DQIX. :whistle2:(

[quote name='glemtvapen']OP need to update.
20FGS expiration has been moved up to July 8 while GS30 expiration is July 9

Looks like I won't be able to use this one for DQIX. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Also my order for Deathsmiles was cancelled. With no notification either (checked it manually). Granted, it is a "limited edition" but the coupon applied just fine. Not to mention it's the ONLY edition that's out right now.

Has anyone tried emailing CS about this? I wanted to nab a 4000 MS point card for the upcoming Summer of Arcade titles and as reported earlier, it does not work. $40 for 4000 points is not the best deal in the world, but I need some points pretty soon and that is currently the cheapest route.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Has anyone tried emailing CS about this? I wanted to nab a 4000 MS point card for the upcoming Summer of Arcade titles and as reported earlier, it does not work. $40 for 4000 points is not the best deal in the world, but I need some points pretty soon and that is currently the cheapest route.[/QUOTE]

Email them about what? The promo not working on points cards? It's not supposed to.

Its too bad the $20 off coupon I got for ordering Mario Galaxy 2 is considered another offer and wont stack...is it wrong to think it should be treated as cash?

[quote name='nnickers']Email them about what? The promo not working on points cards? It's not supposed to.[/QUOTE]

According to the OP it says 'in-stock orders totaling $29.99+' Then for the exclusions, it does not mention point cards anywhere.

So please tell me why I was wrong for believing that it should count on point cards seeing as it says 'orders', not 'titles?'

[quote name='BrolyB593']According to the OP it says 'in-stock orders totaling $29.99+' Then for the exclusions, it does not mention point cards anywhere.

So please tell me why I was wrong for believing that it should count on point cards seeing as it says 'orders', not 'titles?'[/QUOTE]

Because your sense of entitlement is obnoxious and you should know better.

So there's that.

[quote name='nnickers']Because your sense of entitlement is obnoxious and you should know better.

So there's that.[/QUOTE]

Wow.. it was a legit question bud, no need to be harsh. Plus you are one to be speaking of a sense of entitlement. You have barely been here a year and have posted seemingly nothing helpful for others here (every single post of yours has only been from this past month) and are barely even part of this community, yet you have the balls to call me out on a simple question? Real mature.

I apologize for being part of the derailing this thread and am done now.

[quote name='nnickers']Because your sense of entitlement is obnoxious and you should know better.

So there's that.[/QUOTE]

You're the one being obnoxious, there was nothing wrong with his question, and even if there was you could have handled it better instead of being a prick.

Sorry, I forget sometimes that people have difficulty reading sarcasm.
I had assumed that after all your years here you wouldn't have been surprised to find that a promo didn't apply to promos, accessories, or consoles, and such.
So then, I will likewise apologize for any derailment, and I will not say another word here for at least two more wholesome years.

bread's done
Back