20% OFF Archos Gmini 402 Portable Game/MP3/Video/Pictures and others

hwong3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Archos has terrific portable multimedia products and I've been using one fore ages. Check out the Gmini 402 which plays video games!

http://www.archos.com/products/gmini_402/features.html

Who needs Gizmondo! I got this code in an email from Archos for being a registered member, it says I can pass it on. This is 20% off ANYTHING on the Archos site, including the games I believe.:

20% Off Exclusive Offer

Take advantage of this exclusive event and save big on any ARCHOS product! For a limited time, get 20% discount on any purchase at www.archos.com. This offer is open to all ARCHOS partners, friends and their families. Enter promo code VIP2005 when prompted. (Valid until August 10, 2005)

wow, not a bad deal at all, ends up being a lil more than the PSP, if I didnt already own a PSP I would probably be looking into this more. Thanks OP!

Hey everyone,

The MP3 playback quality is quite good and so is the video quality. With the CF card slot it makes it pretty attractive for people with digital cameras, as it allows you to download pictures directly and set slide shows etc.

The other nice bonus is that you can use it as a portable video recorder (like a DVR since it has 20GB of storage space) with your TV and even play videos and games directly on your TV! Pretty sweet setup. I had an older version which I thought was great, but was a little bulky. This one is way better, and really not much bigger than a iPod.

The games are pretty basic, but decent and cheap (only $5.95 for most games). They're liste don the webpage and more are in development.

GMINI 400 has decent and simple games, but the newer 402 should have more sophisticated games (a pretty intense FPS is in development). Here are the 400 games:

http://www.archos.com/products/games_list_gmini400.html

All in all, though, it's focus is more as an MP3/multipedia player. Think of it as a 20 GB iPod Photo, but with video, video game, TV hook up, DVR and digital photo wallet capabilities. Oh, and it's cheaper. ;-)

I definetly recommend one of these. I just recently bought the gmini400. I was choosing between the gmini and PSP but in the end I choose the gmini. Mainly because I will be using it primarily for music, while video and gaming will just be an added bonus. I've only had it for a few days but I am loving the size and quality of the thing.

bread's done
Back