20% Off - FPS Freek Now Available 360 PS3

Chris.fms

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
20% OFF - FPS Freek- Now Available! XBOX 360 PS3 From email I just received from them.

[quote name='From KontrolFreek.com email']http://www.kontrolfreek.com/conte...s/fpsfreek

I am glad to announce to you faithful customers that our store is now open for orders on the FPS Freek. As promised, your discount code is below and feel free to shop away. I do have a few things I want you to read first, please.

First, the FPS Freek is like any product on the market that is different from what you are use to. It takes some getting use to, so we ask that you do not judge the FPS Freek until you have used it at least 4 hours or close to that. Some people adjust quicker than others, but you will need some time to get adjusted to the product. After you feel comfortable with the product, we ask that you remove the product and then play without it and see the difference. We have a feeling you will never go back to playing without them.

Second, due to the excessive pre orders, the product will not be shipping until Feb 9 - 11, this does not mean you should wait on placing your order. We ask that you get your orders in quick so we can begin packaging and shipping your orders first.

Thank you again fellow gamers, I look forward to seeing you all online soon.

Discount Code - kontrolyourgame This gives you 20% off order.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the 4 pack for me and buddy. I think the biggest thing is changing the way you use the stick with these attached (the right stick). I find that even though I can make fine adjustments in aiming that I still yank the stick even though I dont need to. I think it takes far longer 4 hours to get away from playing the way I did before I had them but that just may be me.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Has anyone who has tried these ever used GelTabz? I'm just wondering how they stack up against them. I bought a pair of GelTabz because the CHUCKii replacement shell for my Wii's nunchuk didn't have a rubberised thumbstick. So I tried the spare one on my 360's right thumbstick and it was quite an improvement but at times it would fall off, if they had more rubber on the bottom to hold them on they would have been perfect. Aesthetically GelTabz look much better than these, I just don't know if I could do this to my controller ....
smooth_as_silk_wirelless_controller_allblack_xb360.jpg
[/quote]

That looks like you bought it from GamerModz.

http://www.gamermodz.com/Smooth-Bla...moke-buttons--LEDS/productinfo/XCMBLACKSHELL/

Looks like it's pretty cool.

I dont see how people are having problems breaking their sticks. When i first got them i would take them off to play other games quite a few times with no problems on PS3 and 360. Now i use them on all the games i play, which is the AWESOME Resident Evil 5 right now. If you haven't tried it you should. It's like these sticks, give it a few hours to get used to it, especially if you didnt play res evil 4.

I thought I broke my left thumb stick cause it was stuck after taking off the fps freek. But I just pushed it back into place and it was fine

I've had mine for a few weeks now. In farcry having the fps freek installed on the left stick caused increased discomfort for me because of the way you always have to push down on the left stick to run. I'm able to control higher sensitivity slightly better with the right stick look/aim with fps freek installed. If you think it improves your game hugely don't because I play about the same with or without them installed.

I was hoping using them would help alleviate some of the tension in the tendons between my thumb and index but it doesn't really do that for me, its about the same except for the above where I mentioned it increased discomfort in my left hand.

I've purchased both the speed and fps freeks, I think there kind of novel but don't agree that they drasticly change the way you play or improve performance, least for me about the same.

I found that running was indeed harder for the PS3 and when you move fully it touches the controller making it...rather odd. For the 360 it works great. I dislike it on the left analog so I was thankful I only got 1 pair, so now my PS3 and 360 both use it on the right stick. I also got a Speed Freek for free...but haven't used it yet.

[quote name='samurai388']That looks like you bought it from GamerModz.

http://www.gamermodz.com/Smooth-Bla...moke-buttons--LEDS/productinfo/XCMBLACKSHELL/

Looks like it's pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

I got it from http://www.decalgirl.com/ but they don't sell them anymore but yeah it's the same one. I modified it a little bit, the guide button, the center one, was clear with a white led behind it and it looked horrible when the leds were on. The X,Y,A and B buttons are grey when the leds are off and Blue, Yellow, Green and Red when they're on, it's optional if you want to wire them or not and when they're connected there's also a switch on the top of the controller to enable/disable them. So I painted the inside of the center/guide button black and added red leds to the ring around it.

[quote name='velvet396']everyone still using their Freeks? Just curious if it was a passing fad or that they continue to be recommended...[/QUOTE]

I won't play without mine. I still love them. More so on the 360. Only sometimes on the PS3 though.

Yeah, I had to buy a second pair to use on the Ps3 Shadow controller so I don't have to keep pulling the off the 360. They sound like a gimmick at first, but once you're used to them you can't live without them.

I still love mine, though I just leave the it on the right analog stick for my ps3 ds3. It stays on for everything and even felt more comfortable in the fight night round 4 demo than without.

[quote name='velvet396']everyone still using their Freeks? Just curious if it was a passing fad or that they continue to be recommended...[/QUOTE]

I use the Freeks on both sticks, so I'm smooth every which way...won't play without em now.

I use mine on both sticks and it just feels natural. Haven't played without it since. I think it improves my gameplay by a very slight margin, so don't expect any earth shattering differences.

Anyone want to trade FPS Freek(s) for Speed Freek(s)? Don't think I'll be playing many racing games on the console, but I definitely want some more FPS Freeks.

Send me a PM.

Is the 20% off coupon code still active?

Ive Been Playing With These For About a Year Now.
They Help Greatly and Only Take about 20 Mins To Get Used To.
Ive Been Playing Competitively For About 4 Years Now and They Help A lot on CoD and Halo, Not as Much For Gears.

Got my pair in Friday and snapped them onto my 360 controller.

The FPS Freek on the left stick was removed almost instantly; very uncomfortable and not needed, IMO.

Leveled from 49 to 55 in MW2 this weekend using them.

I cant say that anything amazing happened with them, but it does seem easier to fine tune your aim (I could actually tolerate a sniper rifle)

I actually did poorly the first night I played, though that could have been as much not playing for two weeks as it was the nub. Things picked up after that, and I've grown to like it. Unlocked some challenge that I apparently had not before to have a 5:1 K/D ratio in a round (26/3 I think?), for what its worth.

I seem to be streaky anyways... for every 3:1 ratio game I have, I have other nights with just as many rounds where I get closer to 1:1. So its hard to judge effectiveness for me.
I have very.. reluctantly... grown to love FPS on a console after being a computer FPS player for years. CoD helped a ton with that, I think I just hate halo or something.

Edit: My knifing seems a bit awkward and slower with the FPS freek on. I guess if I had a downside, this would be it.

[quote name='mitch079']Uh yeah. That's how buying in "bulk" works.[/QUOTE]

You're an idiot, you know that?

He wasn't asking that.

[quote name='agentghost']dude.. we got the msg.. lol.. thanks for being Kontrol Freek's biggest fan :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for continuing to bump an old thread.

I've got a pair and they're great. Big deal that he's expressing his feelings for it.

The speedfreeks on the other hand, aren't so wonderful. I tried playing Forza 3 with them and I was horrible.

Btw,

This thing isn't worth it. Play the game how it's supposed to on consoles.
I'm fine with how sixaxis/ds3 are.

[quote name='Casteor']Btw,

This thing isn't worth it. Play the game how it's supposed to on consoles.
I'm fine with how sixaxis/ds3 are.[/QUOTE]
I am still debating on picking up a set. If I could get a friend to go in on it with me, I would probably bite. I am not much of an FPS fan on consoles, but I can see how the leverage would help with aiming.

Play the game how it is supposed to be played? You are, you are simply using extensions to the controller to provide more leverage and accuracy. Console controllers need all the help they can get when you compare them to a mouse in FPS games. That is all these are.

IMO, console controllers are best for platformers and action games. Whenever you are "aiming" with control sticks, a mouse should be used. Unless they implement the Warhawk/GTA "lock-on" stuff, which is pretty much needed with these control schemes.

I just get frustrated playing FPS games using the controllers, if these help, then I would be in for it. Anyone that says "controllers are the best" is an idiot. The day they release Quake Rocket Arena on a console, is the day I will change my mind. There is no way you could play a "fast FPS" using a controller, and win. You would get blown out of the water by a M&K player.

If anyone has any extras of these for sale, or would maybe want to split a 4-pack. Send me a PM, I might be interested.

bread's done
Back