$20 off xbox live at Best Buy with GAMER code

Hey all, just got a text from the Best Buy GAMER service (332211):

Best Buy GAMER: $20 off Xbox Live 12Mo Gold Card instore only Expires 2/26/11 Show cashier 2248711 Conditions apply see store 4 details HELP 4 info STOP 2 quit

Yep just got it as well. Good luck to those holding out for better. With the MSRP at $60, $40 seems to be the floor for deals on Live.

Sent via text:

Best Buy GAMER:$20 off Xbox Live 12Mo Gold Card instore only Expires 2/26/11 Show Cashier 2248711 Conditions apply see store 4 details HELP 4 info STOP 2 quit

Received from Best Buy's Reward Zone Gamer's Club texts:

"Best Buy GAMER: $20 off Xbox Live 12Mo Gold Card instore only. Expires 2/26/11 Show cashier Sku: 2248711"

Looks like we found something slightly better than the WalMart $44.96 pretending to be $29 snafu.

[quote name='FireWarrior']Hmm do I just have to show that code or do I need the text because I don't have it.[/QUOTE]
yu should be fine just giving them the code

[quote name='aznhero913']Remember guys, if your store has a $49.99 card you can still use this coupon and get the card for $29.99[/QUOTE]

yep, last time i picked up the last two halo reach cards with the shirt. 2 yrs for $60 was great.

[quote name='ctrek3']yep, last time i picked up the last two halo reach cards with the shirt. 2 yrs for $60 was great.[/QUOTE]

They had Halo Reach ones as well? I remember the CoD t-shirts.

Joust code ones are $49.99 as well, but I don't know how likely you are to find them now. They were around the last time they had this deal and I bought two of them. Look elsewhere then the main display of Live and point cards. I found them on a separate rack with various junk for sale.

Just picked up a 12 month card including Joust for 29.99. Was going to pick up 2, but only the first one was discounted. May go later on tonight and pick another one up.

[quote name='FireWarrior']Hmm do I just have to show that code or do I need the text because I don't have it.[/QUOTE]

Text GAMER to 332211 to signup for Best Buy Gamer texts. I just did it and got the $20 off coupon within seconds along with a confirm text.

[quote name='aznhero913']Remember guys, if your store has a $49.99 card you can still use this coupon and get the card for $29.99[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Santurio']Which ones are 49.99?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crunchewy']Joust code ones are $49.99 as well, but I don't know how likely you are to find them now. They were around the last time they had this deal and I bought two of them. Look elsewhere then the main display of Live and point cards. I found them on a separate rack with various junk for sale.[/QUOTE]

Links for searching if your store carries the old cards:

Madden 10
Halo 3 OSDT
w/Joust downloadable game

Common place these are are near the video gaming section where all the game cards are (xbox points, zynga games, and all that)

[quote name='ltgeneralkasty']Text GAMER to 332211 to signup for Best Buy Gamer texts. I just did it and got the $20 off coupon within seconds along with a confirm text.

Madden 10
Halo 3 OSDT

Common place these are are near the video gaming section where all the game cards are (xbox points, zynga games, and all that)[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot dude!

[quote name='ltgeneralkasty']Text GAMER to 332211 to signup for Best Buy Gamer texts. I just did it and got the $20 off coupon within seconds along with a confirm text.

Madden 10
Halo 3 OSDT

Common place these are are near the video gaming section where all the game cards are (xbox points, zynga games, and all that)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that.

[quote name='ltgeneralkasty']Links for searching if your store carries the old cards:

Madden 10
Halo 3 OSDT

Those link are awesome - thanks! I might go pick up a couple more of the Joust ones. The local BB has them according to this.

I just thought that my local TRU has 50 card. So if I bring that card to bb and show the cashier the text and number, will it work? Or does every retailer somehow has a different card of verification?

OP - Thanks, I got the text and was debating whether to go out and get any until I saw the post. I knew a store that had a ton of the Joust cards so I picked a couple up.

ltgeneralkasty - Those links are great for everyone to find the $30 dollar (after savings) cards.

Despite what the website says my local BB only has the Madden cards (no joust ones). 27th & TBird in Phoenix AZ has tons of the Madden cards still. Just picked up 1 due to arbitrary limit.Thanks OP & Itgneralkasty. Signed up for the texts too.

Anyone know if this will work tomorrow? I'll just go back and snag another if I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite what the website says my local BB only has the Madden cards (no joust ones). 27th & TBird in Phoenix AZ has tons of the Madden cards still. Just picked up 1 due to arbitrary limit.Thanks OP. Signed up for the texts too.

Anyone know if this will work tomorrow? I'll just go back and snag another if I can.

Thanks itgeneralkasty, my store shows to have all 3 of those. Hopefully they at least have one. My wife & I will each get one so I can load up.

My sub runs out in a couple weeks and the BB on my way home allegedly has the Madden card in stock, so thank you everyone who posted this deal and especially the lt general for the finder. Hopefully they have it in stock and I can walk away with a $30 sub.

judging by the time stamps of the posts it seems the text was sent out around the same time. I received mine around the same time which was maybe a minute after I left a Best Buy :roll:

[quote name='Gamer SDP']judging by the time stamps of the posts it seems the text was sent out around the same time. I received mine around the same time which was maybe a minute after I left a Best Buy :roll:[/QUOTE]

I received my text just after 1PM CST.

[quote name='crunchewy']Those link are awesome - thanks! I might go pick up a couple more of the Joust ones. The local BB has them according to this.[/QUOTE]

Same here, will try to pick one up later this week.

Picked up 2 myself.... anyone know how much time u can stack? My current gold sub doesn't expire until October 2012.... can I knock that back all the way to the end of 2014, or is there some sort of limit?

I am pretty sure it is 3 years.

[quote name='Gabrius']Picked up 2 myself.... anyone know how much time u can stack? My current gold sub doesn't expire until October 2012.... can I knock that back all the way to the end of 2014, or is there some sort of limit?[/QUOTE]

Picked up a Joust card for $29.99. The store had only one left and two Modern Warfare 2 cards priced at $49.99 as well. No Madden '10 cards despite inventory showing some in stock. The cards were located on a rack with a bunch of other online-based cards (including PSN and, get this, Mafia Wars)

I asked about the Wal-Mart deal and the CR there said they don't price match Wal-Mart's online site, just their physical ad. I'm curious to know if you can get a $49.99 card and 1600 points and also qualify for their current "Save $10 promo." Getting 12 months of live plus 1600 points for $40 would be great.

Picked up a Joust one for $29.99 at the Montrose/Fairlawn, OH BB today.

They were only with the Gaming Cards section, and not with the 360 section. (only the $59.99 ones were with the 360 section)

The 1st code redeemed, no sweat - I'm good until October 2013. I keep getting an error message when trying to redeem the 2nd code, assuming there is indeed a cap as it does recognize it as a 12 month code, just won't let me redeem.

What to do with this other 12 months..... perhaps trade, or redeem on my JPN account..... is there any benefit to having a Japanese Gold account?

[quote name='heyheyhey11']I just thought that my local TRU has 50 card. So if I bring that card to bb and show the cashier the text and number, will it work? Or does every retailer somehow has a different card of verification?[/QUOTE]

No can do, that's shoplifting even though the card isn't activated.

This is a great deal, but unfortunately depends on finding those older cards.

[quote name='Gabrius']The 1st code redeemed, no sweat - I'm good until October 2013. I keep getting an error message when trying to redeem the 2nd code, assuming there is indeed a cap as it does recognize it as a 12 month code, just won't let me redeem.

What to do with this other 12 months..... perhaps trade, or redeem on my JPN account..... is there any benefit to having a Japanese Gold account?[/QUOTE]The second code would extend you out to October 2014, which is more than 3 years from today's date.

You could redeem it in October when you get back to two years or less from the current date and go up to October 2014.

good not great ...buy.com usually has these for 32-35 bucks free ship. if you cant wait then its a good deal but theres better outthere

Unfortunately 2 of the BBs I checked today didn't have any of the $49.99 cards in store even though they said they had some available of the Madden and the Joust ones. And yes, I checked several areas where they had the Mafia Wars/Farmville/etc cards too. :( Ah well. I picked up a Castlevania:LOS guide for a penny! :)

[quote name='thenuke1']good not great ...buy.com usually has these for 32-35 bucks free ship. if you cant wait then its a good deal but theres better outthere[/QUOTE]
Yeah I'll just wait for another one of these. :)

If you can find the $50 card this is better. I found one with Joust and had no problem getting it for $29.99 (no tax). In fact the store in Gilroy, CA had tons of Joust cards, Madden were fewer, and the CoD were there as well. All in all, probably an easy 50 total if anyone is in the area. Thanks again OP's.

I wish this was online, the only best buy that has the madden halo or joust cards is an hour away, darn.

bread's done
Back