$20 Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 PS3/X360 @ PC Richards & Sons

I enjoyed the original quite a bit... the targeting system is all messed up and it gets little repetitive towards the end, by the story kept me engaged.

I'd recommend it.

[quote name='markenglert']I enjoyed the original quite a bit... the targeting system is all messed up and it gets little repetitive towards the end, by the story kept me engaged.

I'd recommend it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get very far with the original. I was a bit put off by the beginning. After a minimum of story, you're suddenly Darth Vader flinging wookies about like dolls. I think there were 3 achievements in a matter of minutes. Perhaps it gets more challenging as you go on, but I felt like I was immediately handed significant powers and rewards without having the challenge of earning them.

[quote name='gantt']I didn't get very far with the original. I was a bit put off by the beginning. After a minimum of story, you're suddenly Darth Vader flinging wookies about like dolls. I think there were 3 achievements in a matter of minutes. Perhaps it gets more challenging as you go on, but I felt like I was immediately handed significant powers and rewards without having the challenge of earning them.[/QUOTE]

That's the first level.... besides you're Darth Vader, what do you want him to be weak as a twig? You become the apprentice afterward and aren't as powerful (obviously)

[quote name='kidrocklive']That's the first level.... besides you're Darth Vader, what do you want him to be weak as a twig? You become the apprentice afterward and aren't as powerful (obviously)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're basically playing a cut scene... if you ONLY played that level, you only played for maybe 2-3 minutes. Don't see how you could judge a game in that amount of time.

[quote name='kidrocklive']That's the first level.... besides you're Darth Vader, what do you want him to be weak as a twig? You become the apprentice afterward and aren't as powerful (obviously)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the beginning usually is the first level. And, no, I don't want Darth Vader to be weak, I want to imagine him as badass and have to work to get his abilities.

[quote name='markenglert']Yeah, you're basically playing a cut scene... if you ONLY played that level, you only played for maybe 2-3 minutes. Don't see how you could judge a game in that amount of time.[/QUOTE]

It's longer than 2-3 minutes, unless you're trying to run through the level for a Youtube playthrough video. Also, I'm not judging the entire game, just saying the beginning didn't motivate me to play further.

[quote name='gantt']Yeah, the beginning usually is the first level. And, no, I don't want Darth Vader to be weak, I want to imagine him as badass and have to work to get his abilities.

It's longer than 2-3 minutes, unless you're trying to run through the level for a Youtube playthrough video. Also, I'm not judging the entire game, just saying the beginning didn't motivate me to play further.[/QUOTE]

Darth Vader already worked for his abilities, it'd be silly to see him lose them all and have to work for them. It'd make no sense.

Secondly, Force Unleashed seriously has some of the most frustrating combat ever. They put you against enemies you have no way to defend against. And many enemies at a time that just spam their attacks over and over even when you're down.
fuck that game.

Based on the demo, FU2 has much more satisfying combat.

bread's done
Back