$200... PSP or iPod? Help me out...Advice...

Darkstar

CAGiversary!
I have $200 right now, and from a friend, I can get a PSP with 3 games (some bball game and two others that i cant remember) or I can get a iPod- the 4 GB or something around there) or else i can save to get the $300 iPod 30 GB...

What would you guys do if you had to do one of these?
I wanna get a music player real bad, but I figure, the PSP would be the same as the 4 GB, and i could play games and movies, and i could play music and put photos on it...

If anyone has a PSP, how many songs can fit on the memory stick it comes with, and whats it play like (for music)? I am just looking for advise pretty much, cause i am undecided as of now...

Any help would be kickass... thanks

The music you can fit depends on the compression you use. The PSP comes with a 32MB stick which is like 10 songs if that. From a gamer standpoint... I'd say the PSP because it plays games and whatever you throw on the memory stick. Plus, if you get an ipod you'll look just like every other technophile tool out there.

that's a tough call, but if you really want a music player more than a gaming system, get the Ipod. Save the extra cash and get a 30 gig too. i tried using a psp as an mp3 player for a bit and it was just a pain in the ass. it's more of a burden because you can't fit it in your pocket and have to worry about damaging it.

also, you'll buy the ipod once, but the PSP will keep on charging you for games and memory sticks and frankly, it's STILL not that worth it, despite all the good ports on it. and what's due for the rest of the year? more ports. Great ports, but still...

wait until you can grab a used psp for $150 or less.

I'd either go with the iPod (save for 30GB) or maybe look into a decent other brand MP3 player? Still the iPod is really nice, maybe worth the bit extra, as I don't think the decent alternatives are really much cheaper.

Depends on what you would use it for, but I would personally take the PSP, since my Ipod video collects dust on the shelf while my psp always has daxter being played on it. Guess it really depends on how much music you listen to.

I'd say psp if there were any games you actually liked.

For me it was chrono trigger on the go that I liked.

Pro duo memory sticks are getting awfully cheap nowadays, like $65 for 2 gb.

[quote name='crazytalkx']I'd say the Ipod, not too many "great" games for the PSP, and music IMO is a musttttttt.[/QUOTE]
That's my opinion too, but I'm a much bigger nut for music than games.

I'd save up for the 30GB iPod, especially since it seems like you were leaning towards an iPod to begin with. For a PSP, I'd wait for a price drop at this point.

I would hold off on the psp, unless there are some games you want. The idea of a ds and a mp3 would be good. I'm using a 512 MB Creative Zen Nano Plus. It's pretty good. That size is enough for me at the gym and on walks. Though if you like the ds idea, wait for the DS lite. That's smaller than the original one.

If you plan on watching movies on your mp3 player. I would recomend getting the Creative Vision M. It's the same price, has a built in fm radio and supports Divx. So far I love mine and my co-workers that have vipods actually prefer mine because of the divx support.

I'd think the I-Pod over the Psp...Psp doesn't really have a great library yet. Though, both would probably be too expensive for me. (P.S. Save a lot longer and get the 60 GB I-Pod)

Well, the PSP would run you more, since you would probably want a bigger memory stick. It only comes with a 32MB stick (which can hold about 6 songs maybe). PSP is a gaming system first.

bread's done
Back