200+ shwag items & games raffle - MoH & Castlevania LoS (Extra Life 24-hour marathon)

[quote name='bluedotlounge']
]

More of the aforementioned goodies. Shipping won't be a problem be cause A) many of the other prizes will be sent on from the respective company and B) One specific company has pledged a certain amount so I could take care of shipping.

Thanks in advance for you patience. You can still donate. Still trying to decide on the cut-off time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up! Just donated $10 to the cause from your page and under my paypal account... I think I did it right, as I just watched your $ raised go up 10! Glad I could help and sorry I couldn't do more... Always next year :lol:

any update on status or final results, like how we raised, you raised individually, winners etc? Thanks so much and take care

Ok. Sorry about the spotty attendance. A couple awesome thing happened this week that kept me really busy:

-Got to stop by Astro Gaming, which if you checked out their site, produce some pretty kick as gaming audio accessories.
-Sold my first freelance piece to GamesRadar, which involved meeting Danny Trejo: http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/the-fi...omment_content
-Played 2.5 hours of Donkey Kong Country Returns at a press demo session hosted by Nintendo.

AND great news to CAGers...

-I stopped by KoeiTecmo's office to pick up review copies of Fist of the Northstar, both on PS3 and Xbox 360, both of which will be included in this raffle. Also got 2 Quantum Theories one for each console.

They also gave me two of the alarm clocks, and man, they're hilarious. BUT, I won't include them in the raffle unless we reach $10,000.

-Last but not least, Nintendo held a press-only mixer in S.F. to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of SMB and they let me take 7 commemorative t-shirts. So those will be available as well.

More updates shortly.

[quote name='randomdud']So have the winners of the raffle been announced?[/QUOTE]

Get ready folks. The winners of my raffle will be announced Monday and Tuesday. If you don't hear from me by Wednesday, sorry, but thank you again for your participation. If it weren't for you, Extra Life would not have surpassed the $450,000 mark.

If in the unlikely event we reach $10,000 before the 2010 deadline (Nov. 15), I'll include the Fist of the Northstar clock and some other unlisted items as thanks.

Could the following people email me at [email protected] with your address before December 1st? You have prizes. If you don't claim it, the prizes will be re-added into a pool for all those whose names I did not call out.

Those who donated directly to me:

D. Zabransky
C. Wieck
C. Allery
A. Duran
M. Narmontas

R. Glynn
A. Gonzalez
N. Stoller
M. Smith
G. Gibson

M. Wuethrich
T. Mayer
M. Thompson
D. Whelan
K. Marks

J. Marano
K. Assad
D. Anderson
M. Adel
C. Lammers

L. Crispens
M. Zaborowski
S. Marks
S. Naik
C. Lau

D. Barats
C. Kinger
S. McFarland
S. Stone

CAG Team members who raised their own funds for Extra Life:

A. Miller
D. Abrams
J. Gonzalez
W. Carpenter
w. Johnson

N. Varrasse
J. Eidelberg
L. Bailey
J. Spry
A. Vega

K. Schlosser
K. Dougherty
W. Malinowski
D. Schumacher
A. Lake

A. Featherstone
D. Torello
J. Bowman
C. Kruder
M. Pascual

A. Doty
K. Carpenter
B. Westerberg
J. Staebell
S. Osborne

T. Sheehan
A. Reeve
F. Porcher

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far. Please note that everyone who responds before the 20th will have their packages shipped out on the 20th. Thanks in advance for waiting.

Question for 'bluedotlounge'

Should we have gotten sometype of response (if in deed we were the right person) if our information was received at the 'gmail.com' address you posted a few threads back for a few select people to contact?

I won a madden 11 2gb USB stick, yay! That's the good news...

I have to say that this Charity event has been poorly executed and at this point seems somewhat shady.

1. If you state the rules of your raffle, you should generally try to stick to those rules.
2. You should attempt to be transparent with the drawing, ie actually show a list of who won what.
3. You should answer peoples reasonable questions
4. You should close the drawing in a reasonable amount of time after the event.

Let's look at the sequence of events..

10/16 - Extra Life Gaming Marathon takes place
10/18 - bluedotlounge update - still trying to decide a cut-off for donations and prizes
10/21 - bluedotlounge update - going to cut-off on 10/24
10/24 - 10/30 several questions from posters, no answers
10/30 - bluedotlounge update - I got a bunch of cool stuff, some will be added to raffle
11/06 - bluedotlounge update - Winners will be announced mon/tue (unsure which week) if you don't hear by wed, sorry you did not win. also mentions cut-off of 11/15?
11/09 - bluedotlounge update - list of 29 winners and 28 other participants of the extra life event. No breakdown of who won what.
11/10 - bluedotlounge update - anyone who won should email him and verify their shipping address. Prizes will be mailed on 11/20
11/12 - bluedotlounge update - Hey look, I got more cool stuff
11/14 - final post in thread before this one, asking more questions... no answers
12/03 - postmark of my prize, 2 weeks after stated send date of prizes.

Ok, so, my main issue with this charity event is the lack of information about the actual drawing and who actually won which prizes. I don't know how many people actually donated, but I believe the amount raised was around $1000. I donated $50 and I saw at least 3 other people in this thread donated $50 or more.

When there are 200+ prizes in the drawing an you have purchased 5% of the tickets, you would think you'd end up with close to 5% of the prizes (not taking into account the fact that donating $50 gave you a 50% bonus)

$5 will get you 6 entries
$10 will get you 12 entries
$20 will get you 25 entries
$50 will get you 75 entries

So, to only have won a single prize seems unlikely. Nowhere in the original post did it mention giving free entries to other people who were taking part in the marathon, but it seems like 50% of the prizewinners came from this group and again, there's no information on the outcome of the raffle. I guess if those other raffle participants were given 750 entries each, it might explain the prize distribution.

You know, I don't really care all that much about the prizes, I was expecting a bunch of T-Shirts that would be too small and I'd give those to friends kids or have a couple of copies of Naughty Bear to give to friends for Xmas.

I will say that I did receive an official letter of thanks from Extra Life for my donation, so at least I know the money got to the good cause.

I'd like to hear what other people won?

bread's done
Back