$200 USED CORE at EBGAMES

I'd recommend just getting the Arcade system. For $80 more you get HDMI output, 65nm (maybe?), 256mb memory card, wireless controller, 5 XBL games. I'm sure it'd probably have less chance of red ringing than a refurb.

As cheap as I generally am, the ONLY system I'd NEVER buy used is a 360. With how many problems that thing had, you're honestly better off just buying a new one at this point, and hope that you get one with the new heatsink.

Plus, does Microsoft's RROD warranty cover used? Does GameStop not put their own 'warranty' sticker over the Microsoft one? Am I making any sense?

... *crosses fingers*.

[quote name='carthitup']Plus, does Microsoft's RROD warranty cover used? Does GameStop not put their own 'warranty' sticker over the Microsoft one? Am I making any sense?

... *crosses fingers*.[/quote]

If it's a refurb, yeah they put their own warranty sticker on it(meaning they had someone other than MS working on it). Which basically means that you're screwed if you get a rrod, since MS will think it's been tampered with.

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.

I'd rather pay more and deal with the hassle of sending it to MS than the headache of returning it to GS.

Actually Microsoft is repairing EB/GS refurbed 360 systems free of charge as well as systems bought new out in the wild. A friend of mine bought a GS refurbed 360 got the rrod and called MS and they said they are honoring all rrod returns. So take that for what its worth but I agree with the one poster who said he would never buy a used 360 as it really is a crapshoot in the long run. Just get the premium as you can justify the purchase because it has 2 awesome games and the hard drive and if you trade in a bunch of stuff you can get it for the same cost as the Used Core. I got my Core brand new after trade in with Pefrect Dark Zero & a Memory Card for $4.91

bread's done
Back