2000 Microsoft points + 400 free points $24.99 with free shipping at Bestbuy

LegendaryEnigma

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
I get an error page when I click the link to find out how I get 400 points free. Does anyone know how you get them?

[quote name='thorbahn3']I get an error page when I click the link to find out how I get 400 points free. Does anyone know how you get them?[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='mikepeluso']Is this a Toysrus sale or best Buy sale?
You have a Best Buy link and a Toysrus Logo[/QUOTE]

the link takes you to the bestbuy website.

[quote name='mikepeluso']Is this a Toysrus sale or best Buy sale?
You have a Best Buy link and a Toysrus Logo[/QUOTE]

Its a Toys R Best deal. :p

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Its a Toys R Best deal. :p[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna take my Best Buy gift card and run over to Toysrus and see if I can get this deal.

[quote name='thorbahn3']I get an error page when I click the link to find out how I get 400 points free. Does anyone know how you get them?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I get the same error. Not sure if as want to jump on this, if only the 800 ms point cards came with the free 400!

Worked for me. Thanks OP!

P.S. Best Buy emails you codes now?
"Codes are usually sent via e-mail within 30 minutes. In some cases it could take up to 8 hours."

Legendary. Thanks for the post! Picked 1 up for $5 after a $20 reward cert. I am using chrome and had no problem with the link.

[quote name='LegendaryEnigma']sorry guys I am new at posting =P, but I am trying[/QUOTE]

Sorry about my posts.I don't mean to seem like I am busting your balls.I was just confused by the info.

[quote name='mikepeluso']Sorry about my posts.I don't mean to seem like I am busting your balls.I was just confused by the info.[/QUOTE]

its alright =]

Yeah, it works in Chrome. You have to click the find out how button and then add to cart from that page. Oh, and they email you the 400 points code while the 2000 comes in the mail.

Not bad. Has a Halo 4 Map Pass as well, won't be using it though. Get that and the $35 Gold with my credit.

Looks like it can be done in store. Guess I'll go there and find out.

[quote name='DcupsOfJustice']Not bad. Has a Halo 4 Map Pass as well, won't be using it though. Get that and the $35 Gold with my credit.

Looks like it can be done in store. Guess I'll go there and find out.[/QUOTE]

Nope, doesn't come with a Map Pass -- you use the points to buy it. Lot of complaints for false advertising on this one.

[quote name='zohar']Nope, doesn't come with a Map Pass -- you use the points to buy it. Lot of complaints for false advertising on this one.[/QUOTE]

So I'm not totally clear on this. Is the total points for 2400 or 2400 + the amount of points to purchase the map pack?

[quote name='oper00']So I'm not totally clear on this. Is the total points for 2400 or 2400 + the amount of points to purchase the map pack?[/QUOTE]

You will only get 2400 points from this deal. 2000 points is suppose to be used for the Halo Map Pack.

Ordered two... see how that goes, not a bad deal. I've seen better, but it's been a while for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how the title is "Microsoft - 2000 Microsoft Points for Xbox LIVE and Halo 4: Map Pass" but the description is "Get 2000 points to purchase the Halo 4 Map Pass or other Xbox LIVE content"

Regardless.. if ya break it down I guess its 80 points per dollar so you're getting $30 worth of MP for $25 with that 400 point bonus. No tax. So.. woohoo. Save $5.

Both my orders seem to have gone through... I got both 400pts emails and already activated them, just need the 2000pt cards in the mail now. :)

[quote name='Cheapasslamers']Absolutely terrible deal. MSRP for 2400 points is $30. $5 off? In for none.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't quite say that. I know there have been some much better ones, but it's not like these deals happen all the time. You know you can get the extra $5, and then still "wait for a deal" to actually use the MS points on. So you can sort of double dip on the discounts.

Obviously the Game-stop "price error" deal from the holidays was much better as that one was 33% off on the points (or was it 50%?). I can't remember. Either way, seems like it's relatively rare to get a straight up discount or cash back on points. But $5 on $25 on it's own is not much, it's really just for people that are definitely going to use these points soon. (i.e. on upcoming M$ games on demand sale it would work quite well if you were going to get a couple of games anyway)

[quote name='Cheapasslamers']Absolutely terrible deal. MSRP for 2400 points is $30. $5 off? In for none.[/QUOTE]

Please provide a link to a better deal. I'm anxious to see the great deal you know about.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']I love how the title is "Microsoft - 2000 Microsoft Points for Xbox LIVE and Halo 4: Map Pass" but the description is "Get 2000 points to purchase the Halo 4 Map Pass or other Xbox LIVE content"

Regardless.. if ya break it down I guess its 80 points per dollar so you're getting $30 worth of MP for $25 with that 400 point bonus. No tax. So.. woohoo. Save $5.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it *almost* got me. I didn't read the 2nd page in this thread at first, I went straight to the BBY website after seeing the 1st post and was just about to buy.

I then saw the 2* reviews and wondered what's up - where I saw the few people bitching about "false advertising". It is pretty fv*k*d up that people have been complaining since December, and they STILL have the misleading title.

It's still somewhat of a deal for the $5 bonus points - but obviously the deal in the title would have been ideal.

Look at this way: the standard solid deal for MSP is $40 for 4000pts (normally $50) or 100pts per dollar. Anything less than that is very uncommon/great. So this deal, which is $25 for 2400pts (normally $30) is pretty close at 96pts per dollar.

Please note: In many bundle packages, a discounted price has been applied to each item in the package. While you will be refunded the discounted price of each bundle item you return, you will be required to pay the difference between each remaining item's bundle price and its non-discounted price on the date of your bundle purchase.

Purchased! You're right. Perfect for the incoming sales this week. Had a $15 gift card I've been trying to use lately, too. Thanks!

Gotta admit, I was tricked by the "and Halo 4 Map Pass" since I went direct from the OP to the link, without reading the rest of the thread...gosh that has to be brought up to them. I got punk'd due to false advertising lol

Anyways thanks OP, in for one!

So do they E-mail you the codes or mail cards? Because if they snail mail it that's a deal breaker for me. I just want the codes in time for tomorrow.

Guys, beware, this deal is very tricky!!

Simply adding the 2000 points card and purchasing it will not give you the free 400 points!

In fact , you have to click the "get 400 points for free - see how" link which leads you to another page with another SKU which is a bundle of this 2000 points card and 400 points.

So the true deal and this 2000 points card is actually in two different pages and with 2 different SKU!!

It's ashamed that BBY made this complicated and causing confusing.

What's even worse, if you bought only the 2000 points card and didn't get the bundle, you can't return it, because this is regarded as "software". Unfortunately, you will have to call best buy customer service.

When I purchased this, I didn't get the 400 points, luckily I called BBY customer service and met a very friendly representative who finally solved this for me.

bread's done
Back