2000 Wii Points Card $18.96 @ Amazon

DrKai

CAGiversary!
Deal is DEAD. Sigh.

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-2000-Points-Card-nintendo/dp/B000IMYL0U

Amazon has 2000 point cards for $18.96 each. If you buy two, you get 4000 points for $37.92 with free shipping. In most states, you also don't pay sales tax (but you always put that on your tax returns of course).

Cheaper than buying points directly on the Wii (sales tax, full price).

Buy in bulk and save. I recommend buying Dr. Mario RX Online, Orbient, Bomberman Blast, Megaman 9, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, MarioKart 64, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, Starfox 64, and SMB 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wii Points are easier to obtain for cheap, especially on eBay, where I generally pay less than $14 per card. Still, it's nice that Amazon has been discounting points cards lately, on 360 and Wii, and it would be terrific if the discount could be ongoing, especially for the more considerable savings on the 360 1600 point cards.

Wow, I never thought about ebay for Wii points cards. I am unsure how those are legit and not stolen...I guess if they work, then that's good. I think I'll stick with a less shady source, but thanks for the tip.

I've been looking at those at Amazon for the last week or so , and everytime I just pass on them. Can't really justify $1 as a big enough discount to stock up on them. $2 or $3 maybe but not $1. But it IS a discount , so to each there own.

Well, for my state I get ~6% sales tax, so that adds $1.20 to each 2000 point card in a real store. So real savings is now $4.26 when you buy 2 cards with the free shipping. Not that great of a deal, but I know I was planning on picking up the rest of the Strong Bad series over the next few months.

[quote name='DrKai']Wow, I never thought about ebay for Wii points cards. I am unsure how those are legit and not stolen...I guess if they work, then that's good. I think I'll stick with a less shady source, but thanks for the tip.[/quote]

Back when Wiiware was announced, I stocked up on Point Cards and had something like 8000 points. It just really helps when you know that the cost of the games, at least to you, is less because you're getting your cards cheaper. The sellers generally will just email you the codes, so you get a quick turn-around time.

[quote name='DrKai']Well, for my state I get ~6% sales tax, so that adds $1.20 to each 2000 point card in a real store. So real savings is now $4.26 when you buy 2 cards with the free shipping. Not that great of a deal, but I know I was planning on picking up the rest of the Strong Bad series over the next few months.[/quote]

True about 6% sales tax in store (florida with a 6.5% sales tax) but I almost never buy the points cards in store (usually cause I can never find them) I usually just buy them through the wii , where there's no sales tax. But again , I see what your saying.

Yep, sales tax is an issue. Also, don't some states charge sales tax even if you are making a virtual transaction through your console? I know I get charged tax when buying points on my 360.

[quote name='StarKnightX']True about 6% sales tax in store (florida with a 6.5% sales tax) but I almost never buy the points cards in store (usually cause I can never find them) I usually just buy them through the wii , where there's no sales tax. But again , I see what your saying.[/QUOTE]

I get dinged for sales tax in my state when purchasing through the Wii shop channel. I also got dinged in the last two states I've lived in, so I assumed it was everywhere. Must be a few states out there with no sales tax through the Wii.

[quote name='SL4IN']In Texas, that's a savings of almost $6 since the sales tax here is 8.25%[/quote]

Ouch... I feel your pain, bro! The sales tax in the Chicago-land area varies, but it's 8-8.5% in my area! ;-0

Just love hearing people complain about 6%! :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yep, sales tax is an issue. Also, don't some states charge sales tax even if you are making a virtual transaction through your console? I know I get charged tax when buying points on my 360.[/quote]

Yeah, whenever I buy points on my 360 or Wii, I usually get hit with the states' sales tax. So, 1000 wii points is usually $10.81 in cash

[quote name='iceblast21']Ouch... I feel your pain, bro! The sales tax in the Chicago-land area varies, but it's 8-8.5% in my area! ;-0

Just love hearing people complain about 6%! :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, I know. I would love to have 6% sales tax.

Has there ever been a 4000 Points Wii Package consisting of two 2000 Wii Points Cards?

I ask because I received one as a gift and only saw the one 2000 Wii Point Card, but when I opened it there was another card stuck right behind it, and this was a sealed package.
I entered both codes and both were accepted.

I have looked but have never seen such a thing.

Two cards in one package? You got REALLY lucky.

I wish Amazon's discount was steeper, more in line with the Microsoft Points. Good to know this deal exists though. I wonder how long before prices have to return to normal. They used to sell WoW Prepaid Cards cheaper than the best subscription price but that unfortunately went back to its normal price long ago (although I don't play WoW anymore).

[quote name='Strell']I don't think so. You got lucky.

And I hate you.[/quote]
Well that's pretty spiffy, I should send an e-mail to my uncle :whistle2:k

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Well that's pretty spiffy, I should send an e-mail to my uncle :whistle2:k[/quote]
You could just send it to me, and I'll tell him in person.

This is a better-than-no-deal, so thank you for posting! Utopian machine is wise is shooting for significantly more discounted points. I strongly recommend against paying full price for any digitial medium, because it has nonexistent resale/trade value which means you are basically renting it.

I picked up a few at Walmart when they were 16 on clearence because of those stupid skins... But I haven't really invested much in my VC...

I bought a pair of Wii Points Cards on eBay once. Got 4000 Wii Points for ~$20 using 25% MS Cashback Live.

It was safe, quick (codes e-mailed), and I only paid 50% of the retail price. I just made sure that the seller had really high feedback.

How do these ebay sellers buy Wii points in bulk to sell like this? They must have a ton of codes if there emailing them out.

bread's done
Back