2000 Wii points + sleeve for $7 at Wal-Mart (Possibly YMMV)

shipalicious

CAGiversary!
As with all Wal-Mart deals, possibly YMMV...

I was at the Noblesville, IN Wal-Mart and saw clearance Wii points. You get 2000 points plus a little rubber sleeve for a classic controller for $7.

They also had classic controllers + sleeves for $7.

Hope it's widespread!

(Edit: For those who are unaware, 2000 points = $20, so you're essentially paying $7 for $20. Also, there doesn't appear to be a limit on the number you can purchase. We bought 10.)

[quote name='shipalicious']

(Edit: For those who are unaware, 2000 points = $20, so you're essentially paying $7 for $20. Also, there doesn't appear to be a limit on the number you can purchase. We bought 10.)[/quote]

dude I'll pay you 20 for 2

Somehow I doubt this can be true..

Honestly, Walmart isnt the brightest around.. but this has got to be made up..

Receipt would be nice..

I saw these about 2 weeks back for 17 bucks. They were with the holiday bundled stuff (the Nintendo lunchboxes, DS game bundles, etc.). Perhaps they're trying to thin out their holiday stock?

For 17 bucks, it was a good deal. For 7, it's crazy.

I'm Definitely checking the Walmart by my place in San Jose. Last week I got Wii Remote + game case bundle for $30 and my friend picked up Elite Beat + DS case bundle for $10. So hopefully the points will be $7 though last time it was $20.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Noblesville...bout how far would that be from the Fry's Fishers?[/quote]

Not even 20 minutes. Definitely worth the drive. It's on SR37, a bit past 146th street (and Fry's is at 96th).

At Walmarts, do they place their clearance items somewhere NOT by their Video Games? I know at Target, I never found any clearance items until I stumbled upon their clearance "area", which was close to, but not in the electronics section.

[quote name='moojuice']At Walmarts, do they place their clearance items somewhere NOT by their Video Games? I know at Target, I never found any clearance items until I stumbled upon their clearance "area", which was close to, but not in the electronics section.[/QUOTE]

They were sitting on a shelf above the iPod accessories for me.

[quote name='DrunknDragun']I'm Definitely checking the Walmart by my place in San Jose. Last week I got Wii Remote + game case bundle for $30 and my friend picked up Elite Beat + DS case bundle for $10. So hopefully the points will be $7 though last time it was $20.[/quote]

damn dude let me know. I'm from San Jose too

[quote name='shipalicious']As with all Wal-Mart deals, possibly YMMV...

I was at the Noblesville, IN Wal-Mart and saw clearance Wii points. You get 2000 points plus a little rubber sleeve for a classic controller for $7.

Hope it's widespread!

(Edit: For those who are unaware, 2000 points = $20, so you're essentially paying $7 for $20. Also, there doesn't appear to be a limit on the number you can purchase. We bought 10.)[/quote]

How many did they have left after you bought them?

my friend and i were at walmart and saw this
he said "man i just need the card!"
then i saw that one of the cards in one of those boxes was swiped and said
"thats what this person said " lol

it was $20

I guess I'll have to check later today, but I really doubt they are going to have it. Honestly, if it's anything under 20 bucks I'll probably buy at least one.

Thanks OP.

I would easily be willing to pay $11 each or so for a couple codes (just e-mailed is ok) if you want to turn this into a little service for us OP.

Thanks for the post though, but no luck in NC also...

Here's what a smart CAG could do...

Go and buy a crap-ton of these $7 Wii Points cards.
500 Point NES game would cost $1.75
800 Point SNES game would cost $2.80
1000 Point N64 game would cost $3.50

Now, offer to "sell" VC Downloads at 1/2 price. $2.50 for NES, $4 for SNES and $5 for N64. 30% markup is better than most stores get in new games and still makes 2000 points $10, which most CAGs are willing to pay.

Obviously, you could use PayPal to collect the money and the Gifting Feature to send the games.

This could be a pretty decent business.

The $25 price tag is ridiculous, even though Walmart isn't the only store doing that. By the time you get out of the store with it you are looking at $27-$28 for $20 worth of points. Just get a credit card and buy them online through the Shop Channel if you can't get the Points Card for $19.99.

I saw these during Christmas time and I KNEW they would be on clearance since they were special items JUST being sold for Christmas. I went to my Walmart the week after Christmas and they were still $25. I went back a week after and they were all gone. Either they DID go on clearance and sold out ASAP.. or they just returned them back.

This might just be at the OP's location, but I'd say it's something EVERYONE should go check out because they have to get rid of all their Christmas/Holiday shit ASAP.

Thanks OP, you made me jealous! :cry:

Wal*Mart sells the Wii points cards for $20 (well, $19.xx) normally.
The $25 price is for the special bundle that has a points card and a glove for the Classic Controller in it.

Neato, I'll check out my Wal-Mart later today. If anyone finds them on the cheap and wants Ghost Squad, check my tradelist.

It's something that would be worth keeping an eye on. I know that at least my Wal-Mart has a veritable shit-ton of these things taking up huge amounts of space in the game cases, so an attempt to ditch them wouldn't surprise me.

[quote name='shipalicious']As with all Wal-Mart deals, possibly YMMV...

Hope it's widespread!

Did you leave any of these in the store? I work in Noblesville now.

still $24.88 in stow
They pulled out a bunch of games and threw them on an endcap with clearance stickers... the prices however are normal retail prices....

[quote name='UncleBob']The Noblesville store is about 4 hours from me... I can't find anyone to road trip with me... :([/quote]

WHA? :hot:

Make sure you have the employee price check them if they are still marked for the original price of $25...my walmart had them marked reg price, but rang up at the register for $7.

meh, some were marked reg price... picked out 2 w/o price and got them to price check, no go...

if anyone who knows that theyve got a couple for $7 and could pick up some for me, i would give you my eternal love and gratitude..and of course more than $7 for each

bread's done
Back