2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is FYE even a decent place to trade in games? Are there any other good places to trade in games but GameCrazy and GameRush? I have a GameCrazy but its not as good as GameRush, which I dont have near me :cry:

[quote name='Gosha']Just called, 11 bucks for Hulk PS2. The woman said they were going to stop selling video games at FYE soon.[/quote]

if thats true i smell a clearence sale :whistle2:k

Man my fye gives horrible trade in. I asked the guy that the cash register how much Breakdown and Halo are. He said 7 dollars for breakdown which is about right but they still sell the game for 49.99 and he said 7.5 for Halo. Halo for 7.5 is horrible, I could get it for 15 dollars at gamestop and Eb.

I went and traded Roadkill GCN for 24 bucks. I also noticed that all games and accesories at 25% off. Games on sale aren't included. So, essentially, all $50 games are only $37.50. I don't know if this is nationwide, or if this has to do with them not selling games anymore. I'm going to save my credit for Mega Man Collection, which should come out next week.

Don't know if these were posted before, but I got these quotes:

Timesplitters 2 GC
Hitman 2 Xbox
CT: Special Forces: GBA

$8.50 each. More than you'd get at EB/GS I think....

That Roadkill deal is just nuts. I bought a copy of that yesterday, and I plan on keeping it...but the others they had left for $4.99 are looking a heck of a lot more tempting now that I know about this deal....

I posted this in another thread about the FYE Xbox MIR, but I'll throw it here too.

All games are PS2

Dynasty Warriors 4 - $11
Rygar - $6
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - $8.50
Onimusha 2 - $8.50
Way of the Samurai - $8.50
X2 Wolverines Revenge - $8.50

Dead Aim sells for $40 new so the credit value is probably $18-24.

And I've sent about 4 emails to wherehouse.com about their trade in credit for games being down, but I've basically being told 'it's sunny outside' when I'm asking for the time. In other words, they are giving me the right answers to the wrong questions.

The woman said they were going to stop selling video games at FYE soon.

An employee at Sam Goody told me today that come about september they are going to do trades on cds/dvds/games. Once FYE finds out, they will have to keep going.

Just want to pass the word on some games i traded in today (PS2)
NFL Blitz Pro $17
Saturday Night speedway $11
MTX Mototrax $11
serius sam next encounter 8.50

pretty cool since I bought nfl blitz pro for $5 at a yard sale

Can someone get me the exact prices on these games ( my local FYE stores seemed to catch onto me calling them since they never wanna give me quotes anymore) I wanna raid Best Buy's $10 games and see if I can get Riddick for around $20 or less after trade ins.

Whiplash
Jurrasic Park: Opertation Genesis (PS2, XBOX)
AMF Bowling (XBOX)
Super Cars (Ps2)

Anybody traded in Max Payne 2 to FYE lately? My Blockbuster has several dozen PS2 copies for $12.99 and buy 1 get 1 half off. Do they accept multiple copies, and would I get more than $19.50 for them?

PS2:
Madden 2003 - $6.00
Hot Shots Golf - $8.50

EB would have given me about $4 total for these games.

EB just screwed me on the following games:
ESPN Hockey - $7
ESPN Football - $4
ESPN College Hoops - $5

Already had a lot of credit there (via music CDs), so I wanted to add to it . . . but man, EB is just terrible with their trade in values. Granted, the next ESPN football is only going to be $20, so maybe that was their rationale.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Anybody traded in Max Payne 2 to FYE lately? My Blockbuster has several dozen PS2 copies for $12.99 and buy 1 get 1 half off. Do they accept multiple copies, and would I get more than $19.50 for them?[/quote]

Beware that the FYEs that i have traded in games to wouldn't take games with scratches and they have to be complete. We all know how some of those Blockbuster used games look like. :lol:

Strider Turbulence, looking at the site I found these...

Whiplash
PS2/Xbox - $29.99

Jurrasic Park: Opertation Genesis , they only have the PC version

AMF Bowling
Xbox - $19.99

Super Cars - They don't carry this...

So, I think they'd probably give you 11 for whiplash, both versions, and $8.50 for AMF Bowling.

BTW, can anyone call for the prices on....

RPG Maker II
Winning Eleven 6
Legend of Legaia 2
Dino Crisis
Culdcept
Ephemeral Fantasia
The Fairly OddParents!: Breakin' Da Rules
UNiSON

I really want to know about Culdcept because EB sells it for 13 used. Its 40 bucks on the FYE site. UNiSON is 50.

A lot of FYE's website prices are outdated, so don't go by that route. Check the prices in the store instead. I've seen RPG Maker II with a $43.99 price tag. The price could be outdated, but it should go for $26 trade in credit. I'm basing this on my experience with games I've trade in for $26 (Fatal Frame II, Go GO Hypergrind, NCAA Football 2004) that were $43.99 when they put them on the used games shelves.

I'll check out Culdecpt and Unison tommorow since I forgot about that those. If Unison and Culdecpt really do have $20+ values, I'm buying a few copies to put towards an XBOX.

I haven't gone through the whole thread, but I just sold back SSX for the ps2 for $6. Also, a few weeks ago, I sold back 2 copies of Tetris Worlds/Clone Wars for the Xbox for $26 bucks each. God bless Circuit City clearances!

thats just what i was thinking too... rite im hoping i can find a way to get a few tetris worlds clone wars pack to sneak out the credit to get another ps2 controller (mine just broke for no reason) and onimusha 3.

better yet...

you have to buy the $99.99 gba sp and a $14.99 game to get the $30.00 mail in rebate....i could've gotten my gba sp, a game, and $30.00 for $00.05...with some store credit still left

Here's the deal with the Tetris/Star Wars combo...
They typically don't take any "promo" games, but that one does have a bar code on it, and it is in their system. Some employees won't take it back (like the one I tried selling my last copy to in New Jersey), some will. You just have to find one that's disgruntled enough, I guess.

I did this trade in about a month and a half ago, and FYE is notorious for taking their good old time dropping the prices on their games.

I just traded in Culdcept and another Roadkill. Culdcept was 17 like stated before.

I'll have to try the clone wars/tw thing.

Can anyone check the prices on the following games??? They are pretty cheap at EB and Gamestop but are listed on the FYE site as being 39.99-49.99. These are all for the Gamecube too.

Tom & Jerry in War of the Whiskers - 19.99
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu - 14.99
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds
Dragon's Lair 3D - 14.99
Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - 15 gamestop
Worms Blast - 15 used
Freaky Flyers
Tube Slider - 14.99 gamestop
Pro Rally - 12.99 used gamestop
Army Men: Air Combat -- The Elite Missions - 8.99 used gamestop (49.99 fye)
Top Gun: Combat Zones - 15 Best Buy, 12.99 EB used
Ultimate Muscle: Legends vs New Generation - 17.99 used Gamestop
Black & Bruised - 9.99 used EB
RedCard 2003 - 14.99 used Gamestop
Virtua Striker 2002 - 17.99 used gamestop
NBA Courtside 2002 - 9.99 used EB and Gamestop

If some of these ring up in the $20 range this would be awsome.[/b]

Just got back from FYE...Roadkill for the Cube does indeed get you $24 in credit. :eek: Too bad I could only get one spare to trade in.

Can anyone get the price on these PS2 games...

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
RLH: Run Like Hell
Dragon Rage
Virtual On: Marz
Fighter Maker 2
Galerians: ASH
Motor Trend Presents Lotus Challenge
Driven
Forever Kingdom
WinBack: Covert Operations
Armored Core 3
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
Dynasty Tactics

They are all 39.99-49.99 at FYE's website and are about 10-15 at Gamestop/EB

Those prices are much lower in the store.

Spyro: ETB was either 7.50 or 8.5o credit last month.

Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter was $7.50. I traded those two in last month.

I know Winback and Galerian ASH have an under $20 used price tag, so you wouldn't get more than $15 (the chances of that are unlikely, but I know a couple of games that had were being sold for just $2-3 lmore than what they give you) for each for those games.

EDIT: Galerians Ash is $8.50

[quote name='Gosha']Can anyone check the prices on the following games??? They are pretty cheap at EB and Gamestop but are listed on the FYE site as being 39.99-49.99. These are all for the Gamecube too.

Tom & Jerry in War of the Whiskers - 19.99
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu - 14.99--
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds
Dragon's Lair 3D - 14.99
Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - 15 gamestop
Worms Blast - 15 used
Freaky Flyers--
Tube Slider - 14.99 gamestop
Pro Rally - 12.99 used gamestop
Army Men: Air Combat -- The Elite Missions - 8.99 used gamestop (49.99 fye)
Top Gun: Combat Zones - 15 Best Buy, 12.99 EB used
Ultimate Muscle: Legends vs New Generation - 17.99 used Gamestop
Black & Bruised - 9.99 used EB
RedCard 2003 - 14.99 used Gamestop
Virtua Striker 2002 - 17.99 used gamestop
NBA Courtside 2002 - 9.99 used EB and Gamestop

If some of these ring up in the $20 range this would be awsome.[/b][/quote]

Army Men: Air Combat -- The Elite Missions - 8.99 used gamestop (49.99 fye) You said it was $18! :D

Black & Bruised - 9.99 used EB This one was listed earlier in the topic at $8.50

Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu ---$8.50

Freaky Flyers--$7.50-$8.50

Strider Turbulence, these are for the Gamecube though, not Xbox or PS2. I just called abotu Black and Bruised, $27 for it~!

[quote name='Gosha']Strider Turbulence, these are for the Gamecube though, not Xbox or PS2. I just called abotu Black and Bruised, $27 for it~![/quote]

Oh,. my bad then.

It seems like gamecube games that are also on XBOX and PS2 seem to get higher value then their counterparts. I wonder why?

Supposedly 1080 Avalanche just dropped to 10 at EB B&M, anyone know how much this fetches at FYE? I think its still 50 on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back