2005 FYE Trade-in Prices LIST HERE *Mods Please Lock*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dafunkk12']I'm guessing it may have something to do with the commonality of the title. THose mainstream games would have hundreds of thousands of copies floating around, while the el-cheapo games might only have a couple ten thousand copies made. Economics says low supply = high demand. And high demand means they can charge more. Or so that's the theory... :roll:[/QUOTE]

SO thats their plan, get all of the copies of room zoom in the world and then sell them for $100, its genius

[quote name='hutno']SO thats their plan, get all of the copies of room zoom in the world and then sell them for $100, its genius[/QUOTE]

i think they are well on their way, and I'll do my part to get them there.

About three weeks ago, I made the following trades (both xbox): Kindom Under Fire & Sega's outrun both netted 19.50.

I gotta question. When you gus are talking about the respective trade-in values,are yall talking about the cash value,or the value before they gave you the cash credit?

[quote name='fivecardstud']haha i wonder how many FSS's this chain owns right now. Whats more, i wonder how many they have been able to sell nationwide. I know I have added about 10 to their stockpile.[/QUOTE]

only 10?

*ppffff*

ametuer.

http://www.twec.com/corpsite/stores/
i have no idea, really. they sell about the same products, i suppose?! by the way, if u have scratches on ur disc, you can go to gamecrazy and use their machine for a dollar a disc to make it look new. though it only applies to members, and the gamecrazy membership i think is 19.99. well, that's what i heard. never tried it though, since i've never traded used games.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']how is FYE related to warehouse anyway? especially the trade in prices.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='YoshiFan1']The same could be thought about Sneakers, Motor Trend and Room Zoom. I don't think anyone is ever going to buy any of those games at those prices. Sneakers didn't sell until it was marked down to $2 at TRU, Motor Trend doesn't even sell for over $10 sealed on EBay and Room Zoom sells for about the same. They should have gotten the idea that their trade in values are just too high but I guess they still don't understand (which is of course great for everyone in this thread).

Not only have I never seen a used game sold at FYE (they still have all the games I traded in 6 months ago), I have never seen anyone buy any new game either. The stores always seem crowded but it seems like people only buy DVD's and CD's there.[/QUOTE]

I actually picked up a couple of used games from there a couple weeks ago, Contra: Shattered Soldier ($14.99) and Puyo Pop Fever ($23.99), with credit of course. The good thing about their used games is, as everyone who has traded there knows, they are pretty particular about condition of games, so you are pretty safe that you're not going to get some POS EB/Gamestop game with 25 stickers all over the case and disc, not to mention the disc is scratched to hell. Sometimes they have decent prices on things, although mostly they suck. Mainly good if you want new releases and don't want to pay much to get them. I don't see why people would get CDs there as they are way overpriced. Same with DVDs, except for a pretty decent $9.99 selection. Their box sets and other primo DVDs are way, way, way overpriced, as with most stuff in the store.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']http://www.wherehouse.com/games/sell-product-detail.jsp?id=1042597

I'm pretty sure it'll ring up $5-7.50 at an fye store but if you have good condition copy of this title that goes for $5 at EB and Gamestop, it's worth sending to wherehouse.[/QUOTE]

How's Wherehouse in terms of processing buy backs? Do they take around a week or longer? I've noticed a few price discrepancies (such as the Time Splitters) that are way more at Wherehouse than FYE. Another example is Sarge's War for GC ($27 at Wherehouse, $7.79 at FYE).

I dunno since i never sent off any games to them, but I'm sure enough about to.

There are also three listing for our beloved Motor Trend. One is for the Gamecube version ($26) and other two are for XBOX but one is listed as $27 and the other at $18.50.

lol someone please try out Wherehouse and see how it works. 26 dollars for TimeSplitters...that would easily dethrone Room Zoom as the King of Trade-Ins. $4.99 at EB and there's tons available.

Wherehouse took about 2 weeks from the time I sent in my games to when I got the credit last time I sent games in. That was probably because I sent them media mail from PA to CA though.

As for Time Splitters, when the trade in values were listed before on Wherehouse a few months ago, I bought Time Spiltters from EB for $4.xx A/C, and it only got $7.50 at FYE, so it probably is an online only deal.

[quote name='joshthegreat69']lol someone please try out Wherehouse and see how it works. 26 dollars for TimeSplitters...that would easily dethrone Room Zoom as the King of Trade-Ins. $4.99 at EB and there's tons available.[/QUOTE]

eh really Room Zoom I don't even see listed on EB's site anymore. When I traded it in the first time the manager scanned it and said it wasn't in the system since the value was so high. I came back the next week and different person working got 26 for it!

EB is selling Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles for $10 new and according to the wherehouse site its gets $22.19! Anyone try this one at FYE yet?

[quote name='fivecardstud']EB is selling Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles for $10 new and according to the wherehouse site its gets $22.19! Anyone try this one at FYE yet?[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I tried it today at FYE, $22.19! When I was buying it at Ebgames, the guys there said they lowered the price because it was a crappy game, almost like they were warning me, but they didn't know what I was going to do with the game (insert girlish laugh he he).

In other news my FYE (Montebello, CA) no longer accepts room zoom, which is too bad because Fry's is selling these for $9.90 a pop. Luckily Wherehouse is still taking the game $26.00.

For some reason my local toys r us in bronx, nyc is back with a small 90% off of games. I got 4 transworld surf(2.50 each) 3 primal(1.50 each) 4 Cabelas Dangerous hunts(1.99) 4 wipeout (2.99 each) I cleaned out most of there stuff.

Today I bought at FYE
The Lord of the rings:TTA for 23.99
World Champ Poker for $20($10 after MIR)
Need for speed Underground 2 49.99($20 after MIR)
Brothers In Arms 34.99 on sale
All for Xbox

[quote name='ofacto']Thanks! I tried it today at FYE, $22.19! When I was buying it at Ebgames, the guys there said they lowered the price because it was a crappy game, almost like they were warning me, but they didn't know what I was going to do with the game (insert girlish laugh he he).

In other news my FYE (Montebello, CA) no longer accepts room zoom, which is too bad because Fry's is selling these for $9.90 a pop. Luckily Wherehouse is still taking the game $26.00.[/QUOTE]

nice! thanks for the update, i know where i am headed this weekend....

Here's a first for me: the FYE closest has decided not to take in any more used games until people start buying the used games they already have (dont count on it). So when i picked up FF:CC and tried to swing it by, I was a little peeved to say the least. Hopefully this is isolated to that store.

[quote name='chargeup45']Here's a first for me: the FYE closest has decided not to take in any more used games until people start buying the used games they already have (dont count on it). So when i picked up FF:CC and tried to swing it by, I was a little peeved to say the least. Hopefully this is isolated to that store.[/QUOTE]

I have this same problem every so often, I think it's because the manager doesn't wanna take my crap.

Speaking of which, has anyone actually played some of these games we trade in for high credit? I heard the Room Zoom section on XBOX live is always barren.

[quote name='LarryCheapO']For some reason my local toys r us in bronx, nyc is back with a small 90% off of games. I got 4 transworld surf(2.50 each) 3 primal(1.50 each) 4 Cabelas Dangerous hunts(1.99) 4 wipeout (2.99 each) I cleaned out most of there stuff.

Today I bought at FYE
The Lord of the rings:TTA for 23.99
World Champ Poker for $20($10 after MIR)
Need for speed Underground 2 49.99($20 after MIR)
Brothers In Arms 34.99 on sale
All for Xbox[/QUOTE]

Man thanx for that head's up on Brothers in Arms. Can't wait to pick this up tom.

And BTW the Wherehouse Music that I've been going to lately has had this B3G1 deal going on for a loooooong time (it should be B2G1 but oh well). Wish they had better prices on their used stuff though. The last time I was there I traded in:

Room Zoom
Motor Trend
Malice

Then I picked up:

Skygunner
Klonoa 2
Hitman 2 PS2 (EB fodder)
Enter the Poo, I mean Matrix PS2 (more EB fodder)

I was shocked when I was looking through the games and found Skygunner and Klonoa 2. The pricing could have been better but hey I only paid a total of $26 for the stuff I traded in.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I have this same problem every so often, I think it's because the manager doesn't wanna take my crap.

Speaking of which, has anyone actually played some of these games we trade in for high credit? I heard the Room Zoom section on XBOX live is always barren.[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking the same thing earlier today. I played the first copy of Room Zoom I ever bought before I traded it in. Seemed like it could be fun for kids or something. I've just recently played Motor Trend. Didn't really like it that much. I also just recently played Shadow Ops. I'd always wondered why alot of people talked so bad about it. Now I see why. Tonight I'm gonna try Showdown: LOW, Spyro: A Hero's Tail, and Malice. I paid $30 total for all 3 of them.

[quote name='Rubberlegs']I was just thinking the same thing earlier today. I played the first copy of Room Zoom I ever bought before I traded it in. Seemed like it could be fun for kids or something. I've just recently played Motor Trend. Didn't really like it that much. I also just recently played Shadow Ops. I'd always wondered why alot of people talked so bad about it. Now I see why. Tonight I'm gonna try Showdown: LOW, Spyro: A Hero's Tail, and Malice. I paid $30 total for all 3 of them.[/QUOTE]

lol i was joking one day and said that i would go on Room Zoom on XBL. I went on, and to my amazement no one was online! Shadow Ops is pure Garbage..Showdown is too. Haven't played Malice of Spyro.

BTW, where did you get Spyro and how much did you pay for it? I'm trying to find it on the cheap.

Today i went to my FYE and they told me that they had already had enough trade ins for today. So i have to go tommorow. That is so annoying. They're starting to really get tight about games and i don't think they're ever going to sell the stuff off of their massive archive. They wouldn't do too bad on ebay though.

Anyway..yesterday i traded:

Lupin the 3rd- 26
V-Rally 3-27
Battle Engine Aquila- 18.50
Mafia- 14.99
Alias- 14.99
XIII- 7.50
PRYZM- 6.50

And i picked up a used copy of MX vs. ATV Unleashed for 26.99. The game is around a week or two old..that's crazy.

I just tried trading in Freekstyle soccer for xbox at my local Fye In Cheektawaga, Ny it came up as 17.50 but they told me they couldnt take it since it was a blockbuster only game. I picked up 3 copies of it for 11.00 .

[quote name='averageguy']I just tried trading in Freekstyle soccer for xbox at my local Fye In Cheektawaga, Ny it came up as 17.50 but they told me they couldnt take it since it was a blockbuster only game. I picked up 3 copies of it for 11.00 .[/QUOTE]

It was released exclusively at Bkockbuster. It doesn't say "not for resale in any other stores" :D . They just didn't want to take it. Sorry to hear that.

I picked up 3 copies of Freestyle Street Soccer GCN this morning at Blockbuster ($4.99 each, B2G1), and had no trouble trading one in this morning for $17.

[quote name='Ricochet']Finally traded in a copy of Sneakers, and it rang up only 25 cents. I missed the boat.[/QUOTE]
Actually, that's dramatically more than a penny. The price is rising again!........::cough::

[quote name='Pojo']Where can I buy Room Zone? Any particular place that you guys buy it from?[/QUOTE]

It looks like FYE is the only store that have it in stock :lol:. I can't find it anywhere.

Try local EB or Gamestop. $9

EDIT: I see one in stock at my GS ..hmmm... won't see it tomorrow night ;)

I traded in a few games this weekend:

Malice (Xbox) - $27.00
Front Mission 4 (PS2) - $7.50
Sky Gunner (PS2) - $10.00
Scaler (PS2) - $9.25
Dark Cloud 2 (PS2) - 10.00

Total = $63.75 :D

I got $18 for Siren ($2.xx at Target)
$7.50 for Minoirty Report ($2 at Target)
Silent Hill 4 (XBOX) $19.50, $2.xx at Target

Power Puff Girls Relish Rampage wouldn't scan in the system or after it was looked up.
Eye Toy Groove without camera ($2xx at Target) was .01, traded it in to Blockbuster for $10 instead.

So visit your local Target and help them move inventory!

final fantasy: CC work like a charm, trading in at $22.19. Not quite Room Zoom but close. Plus, for those FYE's that are real picky about game condition, you can by CC new at EB for $10 so its a guarantee they'll take it. I've been using my EB credit from the PSP trade in deal and doing well at FYE.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I got $18 for Siren ($2.xx at Target)
$7.50 for Minoirty Report ($2 at Target)
Silent Hill 4 (XBOX) $19.50, $2.xx at Target

Power Puff Girls Relish Rampage wouldn't scan in the system or after it was looked up.
Eye Toy Groove without camera ($2xx at Target) was .01, traded it in to Blockbuster for $10 instead.

So visit your local Target and help them move inventory![/QUOTE]

I would love SH4 just to play it, but my Target is weak on the clearance titles.

[quote name='jputahraptor']If anyone can find out for me how much credit FYE gives for Legend of Zelda Master Quest GC, I'd appreciate it![/QUOTE]

.25 cents

i recently found out that there is a fye near me. if you go in will they give you a list of games they are buying back and at what price, or would it be better to give them a list of the games that i have to trade in to check their value?

FYI, i've never traded games back in to B&M stores like EB GR etc...I usually just put them on ebay. FYE seems (judging from this thread) to offer pretty good trade in credit. Is this generally true about all their games, or is it kind of sketch which games will bring in good trade in values.

[quote name='gaelan']i recently found out that there is a fye near me. if you go in will they give you a list of games they are buying back and at what price, or would it be better to give them a list of the games that i have to trade in to check their value?

FYI, i've never traded games back in to B&M stores like EB GR etc...I usually just put them on ebay. FYE seems (judging from this thread) to offer pretty good trade in credit. Is this generally true about all their games, or is it kind of sketch which games will bring in good trade in values.[/QUOTE]

If you're an ebay vet, then you might be better off doing that. Youll get a couple of bucks more for some of the older games. FYE is more convenient, but youll have to use the credit there. I only use FYE for swapping out ludicrously cheap games for their ludicrously good trade-in values (Room Zoom and FSS). If you check www.wherehouse.com (or the link thats being thrown around in this thread), theres a spot that tells you their trade in values. Check your games there, and youll know if its worth the trade in value.

[quote name='chargeup45']If you're an ebay vet, then you might be better off doing that. Youll get a couple of bucks more for some of the older games. FYE is more convenient, but youll have to use the credit there. I only use FYE for swapping out ludicrously cheap games for their ludicrously good trade-in values (Room Zoom and FSS). If you check www.wherehouse.com (or the link thats being thrown around in this thread), theres a spot that tells you their trade in values. Check your games there, and youll know if its worth the trade in value.[/QUOTE]

thanks, you save me a trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back