2005 FYE Trade-in Prices LIST HERE *Mods Please Lock*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck trading in those 3 copies of Urban Street Soccer Biglesworth. I hope you try different stores or do it on different days.

hi guys, my fye has never sold videogames but I saw this thread and called them up, they offer cash at my store for games. Is there any difference in what they'll give me (cash) vs what I would have gotten at a store that sold videogames and used credit?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Good luck trading in those 3 copies of Urban Street Soccer Biglesworth. I hope you try different stores or do it on different days.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have two within about 15 minutes away from me, one by my old house, and another few that I occasionally get near.. soo.. I'll spread out the love that is known as FSS.. hopefully.. :p

In case my local FYEs give me problem with scratches on discs and such, what do you guys suggest? A disc doctor or whatever it's called? What's the cheapest these can be found for?

[quote name='Biglesworth23']In case my local FYEs give me problem with scratches on discs and such, what do you guys suggest? A disc doctor or whatever it's called? What's the cheapest these can be found for?[/QUOTE]

forget it, a disk doctor will not make those disks shine like new, I have become ultra fussy when I buy used games. The manager at one store by me is so anal, I mean one day he rejected a disk that was actually new. I went back on a different person shift and got the full price.

[quote name='stoned99']forget it, a disk doctor will not make those disks shine like new, I have become ultra fussy when I buy used games. The manager at one store by me is so anal, I mean one day he rejected a disk that was actually new. I went back on a different person shift and got the full price.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the advice. :)

Yeah, sometimes FYE takes it too far with the condition of the disc. I mean, I agree they should be basically scratch free (a hairline scratch or two should be ok), but it seems like if they had them, they would take a magnifying glass and check the discs. I almost had a brand new copy of a game rejected because of a miniscule scratch, but luckily the manager decided to take it.

Recently got $32 and change for Metroid Prime 2 after they added the 25% for taking credit (FINALLY!). And apparently the new policy is to put the credit on a gift card, so no more having to pussyfoot around trying to buy them with credit slips.

The FYE near me is unbelievably anal and actually scratch the discs in front of you. The manager there is this short, fat, blonde woman who looks like she has mild down syndrome (not trying to make fun, just the honest truth). I tried to trade in a new, just opened copy of Astro Boy when it was still $18. She looks at it and turns it different angles under the light. Then she takes out this sand paper cloth (some kind of cd cloth but they never work). She "cleans" the thing and then tells me there are scratches on the disc. I told her that she put the scratches on there because of her cleaning and she looks at me like she really is retarded. I convinced her to take it but she acted like she was doing me some kind of favor by taking in a disc she scratched up.

Oh well, I think my time with FYE is coming to a close. There's not that many good titles left and they have just become way too picky. When new games don't pass their inspection ...

BTW: I have bought things at FYE that did have scratches on them so I don't know where all these factory new games are going.

[quote name='Mishimaryu'][quote name='Rubberlegs']Over the last couple of weeks at 3 FYE's and 1 Wherehouse:

Lupin the 3rd $26.00 (2)
Shadow Ops $22.xx (2)
Thief $17.50 (2)
World Tour Soccer 2005 $22.xx (2)
Battle Engine Aquila $18.xx
Destruction Derby Arenas $17.50 (2)
MvC2 XB $26.25 (funny story to come)
Baten Kaitos $11.25
Army Men RTS $32.xx (2)

You traded in BK for 11 bucks? that game is a masterpiece![/QUOTE]

If that's what you're into. But random card battle games aren't my thing. Plus I got a chance to play it (a lil' bit) and got a whole extra $1 on the trade-in (lol). Never doubt the things I do with this FYE/Wherehouse thing. I got this thing on lock. Trust me I know what I'm doing.

Now that that's over back to business:

Army Men RTS $33.75 (these keep showing up in the $10 clearance bin a local CC)
World Tour Soccer '05 $22.xx
Shadow Ops $22.xx
Unreal Championship 2 $18
Project Snowblind $8
Gotcha Force $21.xx

Picked up:

Skies of Arcadia Legends
GTA: SA PS2 (used copy, just want to keep it around)
SO3 (non-GH, big box original release)
PS2 memory card

[quote name='bradr']

BTW: I have bought things at FYE that did have scratches on them so I don't know where all these factory new games are going.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got a scratched up Ghost Recon 2 a couple of months back. It didn't work so I took it back. I paid for it with credit and they gave me cash back. I think it was only because they didn't have another used copy in stock. Just my theory though.

[quote name='Ricochet']Recently got $32 and change for Metroid Prime 2 after they added the 25% for taking credit (FINALLY!). And apparently the new policy is to put the credit on a gift card, so no more having to pussyfoot around trying to buy them with credit slips.[/QUOTE]

I fucking hate you :)

I got $26.50 for MP2 with complete disdain and suspicion from the clerk and I can only get the paper credit slips.

Got $14 for Destruction Derby Arenas ($5 at CC but I was hoping to get $17)
$12 for Syphon Filter . . . (free after voucher at EB)

Where are people getting the World Tour Soccer? (a CC game?)

[quote name='Rubberlegs'][quote name='Mishimaryu']

If that's what you're into. But random card battle games aren't my thing. Plus I got a chance to play it (a lil' bit) and got a whole extra $1 on the trade-in (lol). Never doubt the things I do with this FYE/Wherehouse thing. I got this thing on lock. Trust me I know what I'm doing.

Now that that's over back to business:

Army Men RTS $33.75 (these keep showing up in the $10 clearance bin a local CC)
World Tour Soccer '05 $22.xx
Shadow Ops $22.xx
Unreal Championship 2 $18
Project Snowblind $8
Gotcha Force $21.xx

Picked up:

Skies of Arcadia Legends
GTA: SA PS2 (used copy, just want to keep it around)
SO3 (non-GH, big box original release)
PS2 memory card[/QUOTE]

does the upc show on your receipt for Army Men RTS ? i recently picked a couple up, but the upc does not match the one on the wherehouse's website.

I found out a great way to get MONEY for your store credit. FYE has a rebate on Maxell - 24 "AA" batteries Value Pack. It's $9.99 and FREE after mail-in rebate; so you get $10.00 in the mail. The catch is, you spend $9.99 (plus tax) on the batteries using your store credit, and after you send in the rebate, you eventually recieve your $10.00 in the mail (in the form of a check, which can be cashed....... into CASH!!!). It should be no problem cutting out the UPC barcode from the actual box since these are just batteries and not games! Hurry though, because you have to buy the batteries from July 24th - July 31st while there's still a "FREE after rebate" promotion on them (and yes; the rebate center wants the original receipt showing either of the dates listed above). Luckily, you can mail the rebate any time before August 30th, but the receipt MUST be within the dates I listed (07/24 - 07/31).

Think of it this way: You'll be getting cash equivalent to the store credit you spend, and you'll never run out of "AA" batteries ever!

TIP: Sometimes the only receipt they give you is your store credit slip with your remaining credit on it. You COULD mail that with the rebate since they ask for an original receipt anyway, but instead of wasting all that store credit, just simply ask the employee "Can I have a reprint of my receipt? Just for the mail-in rebate." Make sure they give you that rebate form too. And also, only ONE rebate per envelope. So if you have to keep mailing in multiple envelopes to that same rebate address, DO IT.

Best of luck! Please take advantage of this deal. Nothing makes me happier than fucking over Trans World Entertainment and helping fellow CAGs at the same time!!!

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Yeah, I think it's $9.96 at Circuit City[/QUOTE]

Thanks Yoshi . . . I found one. $5 World Tour Soccer from CC (after BB coupon) got $18 at my FYE . . . sucks that some of you do better with the 25% bonus . . .

I brought in a Butt Ugly Martians Zoom or Doom (from EB) but the guy couldn't find it in the system at all . . . he tried Butt Ugly and Zoom . . . anyone else run into this? Is this one dead?

schultz--I've had the same problem with Butt Ugly Martians... I was able to trade in a lone copy to one of my three FYE stores, but they had to look it up; the other two stores were unable to find it even when they did look it up. It's just one of those games like Malice that don't come up in the system, but you'll occasionally be lucky and have an employee that can actually find it.

[quote name='RandyTsai'][quote name='Rubberlegs']

does the upc show on your receipt for Army Men RTS ? i recently picked a couple up, but the upc does not match the one on the wherehouse's website.[/QUOTE]

Hey dude, a little off topic, but I just noticed your sig of brooke Burke. Good news for you, she is getting divorced :)

[quote name='stoned99'][quote name='RandyTsai']

Hey dude, a little off topic, but I just noticed your sig of brooke Burke. Good news for you, she is getting divorced :)[/QUOTE]

nice, she was married to some ugly old guy.

Sold some games back to The Wherehouse.
The prices listed are for cash not credit.

ps2 - giants citizen - $3
gc - metroid prime 2 - $21
ps2 - all star baseball 2005 - $14
gc - final fantasy cc - $18
xb - auto modellista - $14
xb - rogue ops - $6
ps2 - capcom fighting evolution - $14
gc - army men rts - $21

not a trade in deal but...best deal I got out of FYE with my store credit was...

Everything or Nothing for 10 bucks and NBA street VOL 2 for 10 bucks. THey were the last copies too.

New $10 off $30 promotion about to start 8-04-05 through 8-21(?)-05. I cant remember for sure what this ends that's why i put a question mark.

Did another round of trade-in yesterday & they have signs up saying that if you spend $30 between 8-04-05 and 8-21(?)-05 you get a $10 off $30 coupon for a furture purchase. Unlike the previous times where the coupon was actually printed on your reciept, there is an actual coupon that they staple to your reciept.

[quote name='captaincold']New $10 off $30 promotion about to start 8-04-05 through 8-21(?)-05. I cant remember for sure what this ends that's why i put a question mark.

Did another round of trade-in yesterday & they have signs up saying that if you spend $30 between 8-04-05 and 8-21(?)-05 you get a $10 off $30 coupon for a furture purchase. Unlike the previous times where the coupon was actually printed on your reciept, there is an actual coupon that they staple to your reciept.[/QUOTE]

Do you or does anyone know if this applies to preorders?

[quote name='captaincold']New $10 off $30 promotion about to start 8-04-05 through 8-21(?)-05. I cant remember for sure what this ends that's why i put a question mark.

Did another round of trade-in yesterday & they have signs up saying that if you spend $30 between 8-04-05 and 8-21(?)-05 you get a $10 off $30 coupon for a furture purchase. Unlike the previous times where the coupon was actually printed on your reciept, there is an actual coupon that they staple to your reciept.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, the promo they just did for past month here, with redemption starting 8-7-05 had the staple to receipt type.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Do you or does anyone know if this applies to preorders?[/QUOTE]

I preordered madden and the guy gave me one and said I can use it to pay it off.

[quote name='Sulmona']I preordered madden and the guy gave me one and said I can use it to pay it off.[/QUOTE]

Thats awesome, it means an instant 10 discount, this is particulary nice against 30$ games.

I was happy to check my wherehouse.com account today and see i received my over $70 in credit for TimeSplitters, Bloodrayne 2, and World Tour soccer 2005. Now to check if CC has any more to send in with my other copy of timesplitters.

[quote name='Sulmona']I was happy to check my wherehouse.com account today and see i received my over $70 in credit for TimeSplitters, Bloodrayne 2, and World Tour soccer 2005. Now to check if CC has any more to send in with my other copy of timesplitters.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone FYE'd Timesplitters for PS2? I couldn't find it on the list. Thanks!

yeah FYE'd timesplitters gets shit, must be some sort of bug in the site which makes it higher than the store, its the only game I know of that gets a diff value online than in store.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I tried it a few months ago and got $7.50. I think some people tried it more recently and got $4[/QUOTE]

Yep that's what I got.

I'd also like to say I found two FYE's near me that are still giving the $25+ for Room Zoom.. :)

Butt Ugly Martians not in the computer system . . . no offer :whistle2:(

Brought in Getaway Black Monday . . . offer was $11.25 . . . blah.

I may be done with FYE . . . they always give me a hard time.

Has anyone had success with trading in to wherehouse.com? I have Army Men: Sarge's War (GC) complete and mint, but FYE and Wherehouse B&M only offered $6.50 and the website says $27.50. How does trading on the website work? Thanks for any help ahead of time.

Make sure the UPC code on the $27.50 is the same as your copy. I think one of the Army Men Gamecube games has different UPC's. That happened to another CAG with Outlaw Golf 2 on XBox. Wherehouse.com said $24 but his copy had a different UPC and he only got $9.75 for that copy.

I myself, have never had an issue trading into Wherehouse.com.

You select which games you want to sell. You then confirm you want to send in the games. They give you an e-mail with a shipping label to print out. You mail your games to them (if you use the regular mail get insurance on the package), they review the games to make sure they are in good condition (no major scratches or any scratches that are really visible) and they add the trade in credit plus the shipping credit amount to your account to use on their site.

[quote name='YoshiFan1'], they review the games to make sure they are in good condition (no major scratches or any scratches that are really visible)[/QUOTE]

I was able to trade in a scratched (not huge but not minor either) game before to an unattentive clerk at the B&M store... they probably inspect it more carefully when you ship it to them.

I've only sent one non-new item to wherehouse.com, that was Timesplitters since it traded in at 26.25. The rest were cheap0 cds i bought new that traded in at 4x what i paid for them. In the last shipment, they said they didnt receive one of them....bastards lost it.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Make sure the UPC code on the $27.50 is the same as your copy. I think one of the Army Men Gamecube games has different UPC's. That happened to another CAG with Outlaw Golf 2 on XBox. Wherehouse.com said $24 but his copy had a different UPC and he only got $9.75 for that copy.[/QUOTE]

The UPC doesn't match anything on their records. It says please try again. But it definately also says that Army Men: Sarge's War (GC) when I do a title search, is $27.50. Should I try and send it in, or not take the chance on them giving me $6.50?

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']if the upc doesn't match , its most likely not going to work and I wouldn't risk it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice.

Unreal 2 (Xbox) - $1.25

I picked up a few copies of GTA: San Andreas to sell and got rebates for them. I was wondering how I could get the rebates without cutting out the original UPC. Could anyone help me out to find a way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back