2008 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='n8rockerasu'] It really makes me wonder what Warner's plans are for next year...especially with Leinart STILL waiting in the wings. It could really turn into a Favre/Rodgers situation.[/QUOTE]

there was a post game interview with warner and he did not sound like someone who was coming back next year. im sure hell think it over during the off season a lot, but to me it sounded like he was done.

The Super Bowl was great but still nowhere near last year's. I think the Steelers were extremely lucky to win that game. The Cardinals outplayed them for the most part but that interception was a killer. It's at least a 10-point swing right there. I also thought the roughing the passer penalty was BS but everything else was spot on. There were a TON of legitimate holds that had to be called by both teams. There was no question it was a hold on the safety. I actually thought the Steelers would be better off taking the safety intentionally assuming it got to 4th down. A punt from the endzone would have given the Cards way better field position (or it could have been blocked which would have been a disaster) and they would have still needed a TD to win the game safety or not. I guess it didn't matter because the Cards got the TD anyway but still...

[quote name='javeryh']The Super Bowl was great but still nowhere near last year's. I think the Steelers were extremely lucky to win that game. The Cardinals outplayed them for the most part but that interception was a killer. It's at least a 10-point swing right there. I also thought the roughing the passer penalty was BS but everything else was spot on. There were a TON of legitimate holds that had to be called by both teams. There was no question it was a hold on the safety. I actually thought the Steelers would be better off taking the safety intentionally assuming it got to 4th down. A punt from the endzone would have given the Cards way better field position (or it could have been blocked which would have been a disaster) and they would have still needed a TD to win the game safety or not. I guess it didn't matter because the Cards got the TD anyway but still...[/quote]

The Cards did play well but their defense was spotty.. that last Steeler drive.. they looked tired...

It's not like the int that Warner threw was lucky.. Lebeau saw a tendency..Harrison was watching Hightower.. once Hightower rolled out Harrison stayed in coverage instead of blitzing and Warner might have had tunnelvision there. i actually believe that it was a bad playcall. 1st and goal. I think you should run the ball. it is not like that wasn't working.

I don't get your logic though.. deliberately giving the safety.. either way you give them the ball back..forcing them to punt wouldn't have been better.. 9 pts vs 7pts..

The roughing the passer call.. I believe was bs, but they've consistently called it every time this year...

[quote name='DJSteel']The Cards did play well but their defense was spotty.. that last Steeler drive.. they looked tired...

It's not like the int that Warner threw was lucky.. Lebeau saw a tendency..Harrison was watching Hightower.. once Hightower rolled out Harrison stayed in coverage instead of blitzing and Warner might have had tunnelvision there. i actually believe that it was a bad playcall. 1st and goal. I think you should run the ball. it is not like that wasn't working.

I don't get your logic though.. deliberately giving the safety.. either way you give them the ball back..forcing them to punt wouldn't have been better.. 9 pts vs 7pts..

The roughing the passer call.. I believe was bs, but they've consistently called it every time this year...[/quote]

The Cards stopped blitzing on that last drive which was crazy. They had stuffed them the last 2 drives by bringing pressure and then they backed off and the 7 yard underneath pass was there for the taking. I don't know what they were thinking. They switched from playing to win to playing not to lose.

The INT was definitely not lucky (although I'd argue the Cards called the stupidest play at that point in time). There wasn't enough time to run the ball and fail but they have Larry Freaking Fitzgerald - throw a jump ball on 1st, 2nd AND 3rd down and then kick a FG if that doesn't work. I guarantee it would have worked. They got too cute. Harrison made a great read which is what great players do. I do find it amazing that he wasn't caught or knocked out of bounds though. He's not the fastest guy and one of the three WRs should have caught up to him way earlier.

The logic on the safety is that the Steelers were on the 1 with a 6 point lead. If they were forced to punt out of their endzone all sorts of bad things could happen (like a blocked punt recovered by Arizona for a TD). A punter typically kicks from 15+ yards behind the line of scrimmage - in that scenario he would have only had 10 yards max meaning the rush would be closer and he'd have to pooch it. Even a great 60 yard kick with no return and the Cards still get the ball at midfield (down by 6 needing a TD). If they just took the safety then yeah they give up 2 points but they get to kick off properly (sort-of) and it pins the Cards back which is exactly what happened after the safety. They started around their own 35 (down by 4 needing a TD). At that point in the game you have to figure that was the last possession of the game - if the Cards score they win and if not they lose. Yards matter more than points in that situation. Of course, no one thought the Cards would score so quickly leaving time for the Steelers to win it. Punting gives the ball to the Cards with 50 yards to go needing a TD to win and a safety gives the ball to the Cards with 65 yards to go needing a TD to win. The safety seems like a better idea.

I agree about the roughing the passer call - it was BS but they have been calling it like that. The rule needs to change.

I forgot how much time was left.. IMO if you are going to throw the ball...try the middle of the field.. if it gets intercepted then there is no straight easy path for a td or like you said.. jump balls to back corners of the endzone.. The Cards are sort of in trouble this offseason, they have 40 mil under the cap, but Warner, Boldin, Adrian Wilson, and few other stars are UFAs... They are a good LB and OT away from another SB team if they can get everyone they need signed and have a good draft.

[quote name='DJSteel']I forgot how much time was left.. IMO if you are going to throw the ball...try the middle of the field.. if it gets intercepted then there is no straight easy path for a td or like you said.. jump balls to back corners of the endzone.. The Cards are sort of in trouble this offseason, they have 40 mil under the cap, but Warner, Boldin, Adrian Wilson, and few other stars are UFAs... They are a good LB and OT away from another SB team if they can get everyone they need signed and have a good draft.[/quote]
I hope they band together again and make another run at it next year, and let them have vengeance on their mind. Don't quit yet Warner!

[quote name='KingBroly']Did anyone hear about this?
smile.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=350987[/quote]
Yea seen it, fucking hilarious :D

[quote name='dafoomie']They didn't call the celebration after the TD either (shaking the football into his hand like a ketchup bottle, which is using the ball as a prop), would've given Arizona 15 yards on the kickoff on their final drive.[/quote]

You're kidding, right?

[quote name='primetime']You're kidding, right?[/QUOTE]

I actually agree with Dafoomie. He used the ball as a prop. Regardless if he was "pretending" to sprinkle Ketchup, Mustard, Powder, or anything into his hand. Should have been a penalty. T.O. or Chad Johnson would have most def got a penalty for it.

Terrific game!
I was hoping the Cardinals would rock it out, but the Steelers deserved that win.
It was no SuperBowl XLII, but it was damn good!

[quote name='pimpinc333']I actually agree with Dafoomie. He used the ball as a prop. Regardless if he was "pretending" to sprinkle Ketchup, Mustard, Powder, or anything into his hand. Should have been a penalty. T.O. or Chad Johnson would have most def got a penalty for it.[/quote]

I suppose. We just have a fundamental difference of opinion when it comes to officiating. I think it would be ridiculously petty to flag that and possibly change the outcome of the Super Bowl on something so inconsequential.

In this case, I think it was more of the situation that was the reason why the refs didn't call it rather than the player, so I disagree with your last claim.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I actually agree with Dafoomie. He used the ball as a prop. Regardless if he was "pretending" to sprinkle Ketchup, Mustard, Powder, or anything into his hand. Should have been a penalty. T.O. or Chad Johnson would have most def got a penalty for it.[/quote]

It's no different than doing a dance with a football and then spiking it.. the funny thing is that only the haters are complaining about it.. there were other calls that could have somewhat affected the outcome of the game..

btw.. the fumble that was overturned was a bad call.. his arm didn't move forward until he got hit... should have been called a fumble...

i thought the spirit of the rule was not to use props, ie a sharpie, not using the ball as a prop, which you could argue is done is nearly every td celebration.

Honestly, everyone is going to have a different opinion on what bad calls there were and are. I was just pointing some out. I never stated that if this would of happened then the Cards would have won the game.

Even if he didn't get a penalty for using the ball as a prop. The NFL should crack down on him like they did with everyone this season and give him a 10K fine. It's really only fair since a lot of people in the NFL got that fine this past season.

Rules are Rules. Doesn't matter what game of the season it is.

[quote name='DJSteel']btw.. the fumble that was overturned was a bad call.. his arm didn't move forward until he got hit... should have been called a fumble...[/QUOTE]

I think those kinds of calls are the hardest. After a ton of replays I still find it hard to see when the ball comes out in relation to the arm moving forward. Plus with every QB having a different throwing motion how do you tell when they start their forward motion. Plus you have the tuck rule in there making it even more crazy.

The Cardinals came out way too conservative. They should have just totally given up on the run much earlier... if they had got to the no huddle for the whole 2nd half, Warner would have passed for 500 yards...

[quote name='BigT']The Cardinals came out way too conservative. They should have just totally given up on the run much earlier... if they had got to the no huddle for the whole 2nd half, Warner would have passed for 500 yards...[/QUOTE]

Fitz needed the ball more earlier on the game. They failed to really throw it to him. I don't care who is covering Fitz. He will come down with the ball regardless. Best WR in the league today.

This game was not the finest moment for NFL officiating:

1.) At the end, Kurt Warner's elbow was going forward and he was able to propel the ball forward with good velocity... that's a forward pass! If Brady or Manning throw that, it would not have been called a fumble (it was a big play, since the 15 yd penalty on the Steelers would have given the Cardinals a shot from the 29 yard line... With Boldin, Fitzgerald, and Breaston on the field, they would have a reasonable chance to score...)

2.) Santonio Holmes' celebration: I think that the anti-celebration rule is
stupid, but that gets called as a 15 yd penalty all the time... the refs should be consistent.

3.) Running into the holder? Who the hell ever calls that... I've never seen that in 20 years of watching football...

4.) Hightower gets blatantly blocked in the back on the Harrison TD return. Last I checked, that was clipping...

5.) Why was Harrison not thrown out of the game. I thought that throwing a punch should be an automatic DQ

The Cardinals (a finesse team) sets the record for penalty yards in a SB game. The Steelers, a much more hard nosed team only gets flagged for half as many yards.

Remember when the Seahawks got jobbed a few years ago... the NFL really likes the Steelers (I conversely hate the franchise with a passion almost equal to my hatred for the Patriots... Pasadena 1980 and New Orleans 2002 will not be forgotten)

#3 on that list, how the fuck do you flag that?!? The man clearly lost his balance as well, he was basically falling towards him, that was not intentional whatsoever, it's like the fucking tuck rule but with a placeholder O_O

[quote name='pimpinc333']Fitz needed the ball more earlier on the game. They failed to really throw it to him. I don't care who is covering Fitz. He will come down with the ball regardless. Best WR in the league today.[/quote]

For real, he's like the second coming of Jerry Rice, whose record of total TD's caught in the postseason was broken by Larry himself.

I was getting pissed at the Cardinals myself because they wasted so much time in the second half, going no huddle would have surely given them a better shot at producing a lead and then some. I was irate when they let the clock run down in the 3rd quarter, you're down 13 points and you're gonna give yourself only one quarter to bounce back?!?

[quote name='jlarlee']Have the Steelers ever lost in the Super Bowl? They were 4-0 in the seventies right?[/QUOTE]

To Dallas in 95 is the one that comes to mind.

The funny thing about that is if you ask Steelers fans ( Around here atleast ) why they lost the game they will say it was rigged and Neil O Donnell was paid off :lol:

[quote name='pimpinc333']To Dallas in 95 is the one that comes to mind.

The funny thing about that is if you ask Steelers fans ( Around here atleast ) why they lost the game they will say it was rigged and Neil O Donnell was paid off :lol:[/QUOTE]

Gimme a break... Ive personally never said that game was rigged... it was a tough pill to swallow... especially when they had the ball in the 4th down 3 and driving before O'donnell threw the 2nd int that killed any chance of a win... Ive known no steelers fans who thought that way either...

I would think after reading all the anti steelers messages on how THIS game was rigged too, I would have expected more focus on the calls during sports shows... most of them seem to think the game was officiated pretty well... the only play that was questioned repeatedly was the roughing the passer call... and the opinion was it could have gone either way

To inspire such hate... the Steelers have to be doing something right... they didnt inspire such passions as I supported them through the lean 80's... I like they way the organization is run... the Rooneys are a class act and for the distraction of the whole ownership problem that clouded the team this year to not affect them says alot about the club... They dont fly off the handle and fire a coach after one bad year, they dont overpay for over the hill free agents... they dont follow conventional wisdom in personel choices... who would have thought Tomlin was going to get the job, they hired who they thought the best person was for the job... three times in a row they have done this... amazing... Part of the reason I like them more than any other sports team (I WISH my Sixers ran their team this way)

[quote name='DJSteel']I forgot how much time was left.. IMO if you are going to throw the ball...try the middle of the field.. if it gets intercepted then there is no straight easy path for a td or like you said.. jump balls to back corners of the endzone.. The Cards are sort of in trouble this offseason, they have 40 mil under the cap, but Warner, Boldin, Adrian Wilson, and few other stars are UFAs... They are a good LB and OT away from another SB team if they can get everyone they need signed and have a good draft.[/QUOTE]

yeah Dont forgert Bertrand Berry and Karlos Dansby are also Unrestricted who are going to require bigger contracts to sign. if they dont get back warner, they wont make another SB until Leinart proves he is the QB they drafted him for. Warner didnt look like he was coming back. Plus Fitzgerald would restructure his huge contract to keep boldin and if they follow his path...maybe few others might restructure. i see some of the defensive UFAs leaving. Dansby and Wilson and Berry will all get paid big bucks from any team...but lets see what happens. 40 million is alot to work with but they may need to backload most of their contracts.

[quote name='zman73']Gimme a break... Ive personally never said that game was rigged... it was a tough pill to swallow... especially when they had the ball in the 4th down 3 and driving before O'donnell threw the 2nd int that killed any chance of a win... Ive known no steelers fans who thought that way either...

I would think after reading all the anti steelers messages on how THIS game was rigged too, I would have expected more focus on the calls during sports shows... most of them seem to think the game was officiated pretty well... the only play that was questioned repeatedly was the roughing the passer call... and the opinion was it could have gone either way

To inspire such hate... the Steelers have to be doing something right... they didnt inspire such passions as I supported them through the lean 80's... I like they way the organization is run... the Rooneys are a class act and for the distraction of the whole ownership problem that clouded the team this year to not affect them says alot about the club... They dont fly off the handle and fire a coach after one bad year, they dont overpay for over the hill free agents... they dont follow conventional wisdom in personel choices... who would have thought Tomlin was going to get the job, they hired who they thought the best person was for the job... three times in a row they have done this... amazing... Part of the reason I like them more than any other sports team (I WISH my Sixers ran their team this way)[/QUOTE]

I meant around here as in where I live, not CAG, just to clear things up.

[quote name='BigT']This game was not the finest moment for NFL officiating:

1.) At the end, Kurt Warner's elbow was going forward and he was able to propel the ball forward with good velocity... that's a forward pass! If Brady or Manning throw that, it would not have been called a fumble (it was a big play, since the 15 yd penalty on the Steelers would have given the Cardinals a shot from the 29 yard line... With Boldin, Fitzgerald, and Breaston on the field, they would have a reasonable chance to score...)

2.) Santonio Holmes' celebration: I think that the anti-celebration rule is
stupid, but that gets called as a 15 yd penalty all the time... the refs should be consistent.

3.) Running into the holder? Who the hell ever calls that... I've never seen that in 20 years of watching football...

4.) Hightower gets blatantly blocked in the back on the Harrison TD return. Last I checked, that was clipping...

5.) Why was Harrison not thrown out of the game. I thought that throwing a punch should be an automatic DQ

The Cardinals (a finesse team) sets the record for penalty yards in a SB game. The Steelers, a much more hard nosed team only gets flagged for half as many yards.

Remember when the Seahawks got jobbed a few years ago... the NFL really likes the Steelers (I conversely hate the franchise with a passion almost equal to my hatred for the Patriots... Pasadena 1980 and New Orleans 2002 will not be forgotten)[/quote]

#1 - The Ball was out of his hand before his arm move forward. The reason the ball moved forward was because his arm hit the ball.. It was a good call.

#2 - TO didn't get penalized for using the football as a prop for the spygate td celebration. At least I think not. Seems nitpicky to me considering.

#3 - The holder is the extension of the kicker. The holder can't block and is just as vulnerable as the kicker. I haven't seen it either but I haven't seen some one run into a placeholder.

#4 - How about Larry Fitzgerald engaging in the tackle from out of bounds. He jumped on Harrison from the out of bounds. That is also a penalty, I believe.

#5 - I don't know the rule. I don't know if he didn't hit him a certain way that wasn't considered a punch.

Seriously the Cards didn't get jobbed, neither did the Seahawks.. I wish people would quit saying stupid shit like that.. you don't throw that int to Harrison, you would have won.. did the Pats get jobbed last year? I heard a lot of bitching last year too. There will always be calls we all don't agree with. While you see calls going against the Cards, I see calls going against the Steelers. In the end it came down to the int.

[quote name='DJSteel']#1 - The Ball was out of his hand before his arm move forward. The reason the ball moved forward was because his arm hit the ball.. It was a good call.

#2 - TO didn't get penalized for using the football as a prop for the spygate td celebration. At least I think not. Seems nitpicky to me considering.

#3 - The holder is the extension of the kicker. The holder can't block and is just as vulnerable as the kicker. I haven't seen it either but I haven't seen some one run into a placeholder.

#4 - How about Larry Fitzgerald engaging in the tackle from out of bounds. He jumped on Harrison from the out of bounds. That is also a penalty, I believe.

#5 - I don't know the rule. I don't know if he didn't hit him a certain way that wasn't considered a punch.

Seriously the Cards didn't get jobbed, neither did the Seahawks.. I wish people would quit saying stupid shit like that.. you don't throw that int to Harrison, you would have won.. did the Pats get jobbed last year? I heard a lot of bitching last year too. There will always be calls we all don't agree with. While you see calls going against the Cards, I see calls going against the Steelers. In the end it came down to the int.[/QUOTE]

The INT was a big play... but who knows how the game would have turned out otherwise... the Steelers wouldnt have been as cautious I believe on offense if playing from behind in the second half... maybe the Cards would have rode that momentum to an easy victory... maybe that drive in the Steelers thats got them to comeback from so many deficits this year would have pushed them to a victory in the biggest game of the year... nobody knows... 14 point possible swing is huge though

Ive heard none of the whining on any of the sports call in shows or on tv about some of the "controversial" calls, non calls, plays etc... If you could tell any cards fan that they would be up by 4 with two munites remaining... they ALL would have taken that... Steelers with that drive showed they deserved to win that game PLAIN and simple... Roethlisberger's play on that drive is incredible... they began that drive backed up WAYYYYY on the other side of the field after a holding penalty on them on a first down... He nearly gets sacked at around the two yard line and makes a hell of a play to gain back a chunk of yards. Throw oafter throw... If he had been put in this situation a few years back, I doubt he would have been able to do it, it shows the maturity he has reached as a QB in the NFL.

DJSteel... thank u for setting the record straight on those five points... if the cards had won, we would see none of the whining from their fans about any of this. The holder BTW was kneeling on the ground in a vulnerable position, there was no reason for him to be leveled like that. The Steelers were penalized plenty of times, they just didnt shoot themselves in the foot the way the cards did with dumb penalties at crucial times. I think if ANYTHING changed the momentum in the game, at that moment... it was the Cards D holding the Steelers O out of the end zone... kept them within two TD's and extra points of taking the lead... Steelers score a TD there... it gets alot tougher for them... ALOT of what ifs... the game played out like it played out

[quote name='DJSteel']#1 - The Ball was out of his hand before his arm move forward. The reason the ball moved forward was because his arm hit the ball.. It was a good call.

Seriously the Cards didn't get jobbed, neither did the Seahawks.. I wish people would quit saying stupid shit like that.. you don't throw that int to Harrison, you would have won.. did the Pats get jobbed last year? I heard a lot of bitching last year too. There will always be calls we all don't agree with. While you see calls going against the Cards, I see calls going against the Steelers. In the end it came down to the int.[/QUOTE]

Thinking that the INT would have been a game saver for the Cards is just stupid. Who knows how the Steelers would have responded by being down 14-10 at Halftime. They could have came out and scored 21 points in the 3rd and 21 points in the 4th. No one knows how the game would have played out if something during the game was altered in any way.

Cowboys are already being picked by Vegas to be the NFC rep in next years super bowl, this time against the Pats (who are predicted to win). Now what is the odds of this game actually happening :p........

[quote name='pimpinc333']Thinking that the INT would have been a game saver for the Cards is just stupid. Who knows how the Steelers would have responded by being down 14-10 at Halftime. They could have came out and scored 21 points in the 3rd and 21 points in the 4th. No one knows how the game would have played out if something during the game was altered in any way.[/quote]

it's not stupid.. it was the difference in the game that was played..

[quote name='farfus']Cowboys are already being picked by Vegas to be the NFC rep in next years super bowl, this time against the Pats (who are predicted to win). Now what is the odds of this game actually happening :p........[/QUOTE]

id say pretty good. i mean if i was going to pick two teams right now for next year, it would probably be the pats and cowboys.

[quote name='DJSteel']it's not stupid.. it was the difference in the game that was played..[/QUOTE]

Yes it's stupid. You can't say that affected the whole outcome of the game IE saying the cards would have won if they didn't throw that INT for a TD Return. Makes no sense because that would have changed the whole game completely. Nothing in the 2nd half prolly would have happened if the Cards don't throw the INT and get a score themselves instead.

So stating that the INT was the Cards downfall makes no sense.

you obviously don't get what I'm saying.. when people look back at that Super Bowl and wonder why the Cards lost.. it was because of that int.. not bad calls.. not stupid penalties.. It was the difference in the game.. at least a 10 pt swing in 5 seconds.

[quote name='DJSteel']you obviously don't get what I'm saying.. when people look back at that Super Bowl and wonder why the Cards lost.. it was because of that int.. not bad calls.. not stupid penalties.. It was the difference in the game.. at least a 10 pt swing in 5 seconds.[/QUOTE]

No. You can't pin their lose on one play that happened before Halftime. Now if you said they lost because their defense sucked at the end and the Steelers scored with only 43 seconds left then yes thats viable. Because thats how they did lose.

Like I said. You can't pin that play as the reason the Cards lost. There was just too much time left to do so. Shit even if the Cards got a TD there they still could have lost the game. Even though the whole 2nd half would have been different.

whatever.. I will say this... I never could get Bruce Springsteen.. never understood the fanfare...that was the most boring halftime show..

[quote name='DJSteel']whatever.. I will say this... I never could get Bruce Springsteen.. never understood the fanfare...that was the most boring halftime show..[/quote]
Same here, I went outside to throw the football when the introduction started >.>

I agree about the INT making a difference. Had they scored, they would have come out swinging in the second half because then they get the ball again to start the 3rd quarter. Instead, they did not produce any points in the 3rd, instead they took the liberty of killing the clock.

The Cards throughout the season have done nothing but put up a mass of points on the board, and whenever they got something going, they hardly ever stopped producing, and that INT at the end of the half killed all the momentum they had and basically had to start all over again, which is when they came back in the 4th quarter after they got the wheels going again.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Same here, I went outside to throw the football when the introduction started >.>

I agree about the INT making a difference. Had they scored, they would have come out swinging in the second half because then they get the ball again to start the 3rd quarter. Instead, they did not produce any points in the 3rd, instead they took the liberty of killing the clock.

The Cards throughout the season have done nothing but put up a mass of points on the board, and whenever they got something going, they hardly ever stopped producing, and that INT at the end of the half killed all the momentum they had and basically had to start all over again, which is when they came back in the 4th quarter after they got the wheels going again.[/QUOTE]

It could have worked out that way. Or it could have been the last time they scored the whole game. Who knows how the Steelers would have reacted to 4 point deficit. I honestly think they would of come out of Halftime playing 300% better and more pumped up. Who knows if one the first play after Halftime, Warner drops back and gets nailed by Harrison and dies.

Like I've been saying. You can't really guess how one team or the other will react to a game changing event. Can't guess it. 100's of things could have changed.

[quote name='pimpinc333']It could have worked out that way. Or it could have been the last time they scored the whole game. Who knows how the Steelers would have reacted to 4 point deficit. I honestly think they would of come out of Halftime playing 300% better and more pumped up. Who knows if one the first play after Halftime, Warner drops back and gets nailed by Harrison and dies.

Like I've been saying. You can't really guess how one team or the other will react to a game changing event. Can't guess it. 100's of things could have changed.[/quote]
Obviously you can't say for sure, but you can base a hypothesis on the conclusion of previous and similar situations paired with the way a team has been operating the whole season.

Give your opinion to a Lions fan, see what they say :lol:

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Obviously you can't say for sure, but you can base a hypothesis on the conclusion of previous and similar situations paired with the way a team has been operating the whole season.

Give your opinion to a Lions fan, see what they say :lol:[/QUOTE]

Sure but I don't think the Cards played a Defense like the Steelers.

Amazing... the love for the Cowboys... already picked to represent the NFC... for a team whose QB hasnt even won a playoff game yet... lets just say there are other teams I would pick before them...

Id say its more of a tossup between the Steelers and Pats... I would love to see the Pats lose out again in heartbreaking fashion, that Belichick is one of the sorest losers the ever coach in the NFL

[quote name='zman73']Amazing... the love for the Cowboys... already picked to represent the NFC... for a team whose QB hasnt even won a playoff game yet... lets just say there are other teams I would pick before them...

Id say its more of a tossup between the Steelers and Pats... I would love to see the Pats lose out again in heartbreaking fashion, that Belichick is one of the sorest losers the ever coach in the NFL[/QUOTE]

to ever coach in the nfl...

But I agree. I wouldn't pick the Cowboys to win the NFC. This will be a big season for Romo though. I think he really needs to step up and play great. I already started to dislike him this season for sucking it up.

Hopefully Dallas can do something with WR Roy Williams. Hopefully he not another trade bust like Joey Galloway was with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back