2008 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Cardinals win the Superbowl then these teams need to be kicked out of the NFL for sucking so much for so long: Seahawks, Eagles, Titans, Falcons, Chargers, Bills, Bengals, Vikings, Lions, Browns, and the Saints.

Baltimore better take this game or else I don't know if I will be able to enjoy the Superbowl.

[quote name='Matt Young']I never thought I'd see the day when the Arizona Cardinals would make it to the Super Bowl. It was a fun game, and I was rooting for them since, when there's not a team I love or hate in the game, I almost always root for the underdog. Here's hoping they can keep it up and make it a game against Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl. I predict the Steelers by 10.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm the same way, gotta root for the underdog! But I'm torn for the Superbowl if Pittsburgh makes it because one of my best friends is a HUGE Steelers fan, and I also usually root for friend's teams if mine isn't in it.

And oh yeah, Andy Reid has really BLIMPED UP, hasn't he?

Glad the Cardinals won as they were the only one of the 4 remaining teams that I don't dislike. So at least I have someone I can root for in the Super Bowl.

Hate the Steelers and the Ravens, but definitely the Steelers more so I'm pulling for Baltimore.

[quote name='keithp']And oh yeah, Andy Reid has really BLIMPED UP, hasn't he?[/QUOTE]

I glad to know I'm not the only one who thought that.:lol: At this point I don't care who wins.

Steelers got screwed already by the ref with that non catch call on Holmes.. that was a bad call.. maybe the worst I've seen in a long time..

[quote name='DJSteel']Steelers got screwed already by the ref with that non catch call on Holmes.. that was a bad call.. maybe the worst I've seen in a long time..[/QUOTE]

You're blind then. It CLEARLY hit the ground when he came down and skidded.

lol.. yes.. I understand the rule they were looking at but that play if anything was a catch with a fumble and a recovery..... He clearly had possession and was in the process of running forward...

Being a Cardinals fan living on the border of Minnesota and Wisconsin, for years I got teamed up on by Packer fans and Viking fans. Now with Arizona going to the Superbowl I am shocked. They are supposed to play spoiler to teams trying to get into the playoffs. Everyone up here for years have been telling me how bad they are (and trust me my only highlight was when they went to Dallas and beat them in 1999 post season and started the curse of the Cowboys not winning in the Post Season of course, they came up here to Minnesota and lost right after). I am still a pestimist and think that the Steelers will come out as the overall champion, hope I am wrong and I am just at complete awe right now......Lets go Cards!!!

Also, the year after Tampa hosted the Super Bowl, Tampa went to the Super Bowl and won it, lets hope history repeats!!

wow.. the refs are really pulling for the Ravens...no clipping or blocks to the back on the punt return.. then a questionable call on pass interference

I knew it would be hard enough to beat the Ravens, but I didn't expect Pittsburgh to have to play the zebras as well. Still, the Steelers should pull this one out.

Limas Sweed is the new Willie Reid.

[quote name='Dkellar']The Raven player did not even touch that pussy ass kicker and a ref was right there watching the damn thing.[/quote]

im a raven fan, so im used to getting bs calls like this, i come to expect to see some in every single game we play.

It was about as good of an acting job as that Raven flopping on the personal foul earlier. But, of course, it was another bad call by the refs on that roughing the punter.

However, that "pussy ass kicker" forced a fumble. That was pretty funny :)

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']im a raven fan, so im used to getting bs calls like this, i come to expect to see some in every single game we play.[/quote]

your boys are getting A TON of calls.. don't want to hear it..

Now that I'm thinking about it, what was that Cardinals player doing during his celebration after a sack in the first half ? I thought it looked like he was simulating a teabagging. I was cracking up :lol:

Ward is being missed right now...

[quote name='Eviltude']Now we got's us a game.[/QUOTE]

man this one is going to be a nail biter. Ravens/Steelers never disappoint in making a great game to watch.

Wow. Steelers with 2 helmet to helmet hits. Aren't they supposed to crack down on Helmet to Helmet hits? Fines? Ejections? Anything? That shit is dirty.

[quote name='JJSP']I hope Warner and Fitzgerald tear apart the Pittsburgh secondary.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The Steelers got saved this game by their...... Defense once again. I wish them good luck vs the high powered Arizona offense.

[quote name='primetime']Goodnight![/quote]

By the way, everybody-let me just clear this up. This post came immediately after the INT and was in reference to that, not Clark's hit.

I like Willis, and I sincerely hope he's OK.

To everybody else, yes, the outcome was unfortunate, but that's football. Clark clearly turned his shoulder in order to lead with it, but it ended up being a helmet to helmet collision. You always hate to see that happen, and to think Clark was trying to knock him out on purpose is ludicrous.

I hope McGahee is alright.

Leave it to be a game with the Steelers where this type of bullshit happens. I hope the Cards destroy em in the Super Bowl.

[quote name='primetime']By the way, everybody-let me just clear this up. This post came immediately after the INT and was in reference to that, not Clark's hit.

I like Willis, and I sincerely hope he's OK.

To everybody else, yes, the outcome was unfortunate, but that's football. Clark clearly turned his shoulder in order to lead with it, but it ended up being a helmet to helmet collision. You always hate to see that happen, and to think Clark was trying to knock him out on purpose is ludicrous.[/QUOTE]

He lead with his helmet.

Depending on Willis's injuries IMO Clark should be fined or suspended for a certain amount of games. Anyone who disagrees is just a Steelers fan...

[quote name='pimpinc333']I hope Hines Ward has a torn MCL. That shit would be perfect.[/quote]

Real classy dude. I don't ever want to see you criticize another player for classlessness.

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']I hope McGahee is alright.

Leave it to be a game with the Steelers where this type of bullshit happens. I hope the Cards destroy em in the Super Bowl.[/QUOTE]

The Steelers did nothing wrong. It was an unintentional helmet to helmet hit and both guys got rocked. It happens in this sport.

[quote name='pimpinc333']He lead with his helmet.

Depending on Willis's injuries IMO Clark should be fined or suspended for a certain amount of games.[/quote]

Take off the hater glasses and use your unbiased eyes. He clearly turned his shoulder in order to lead with it, but the nature in which Willis ducked to the right made the collision helmet to helmet. It's football, and Ravens-Steelers no less.

Depending on Willis's injuries IMO Clark should be fined or suspended for a certain amount of games. Anyone who disagrees is just a Steelers fan...[/quote]

What does his condition have to do with anything? It's a legal hit, case closed.

Depending on Willis's injuries IMO Clark should be fined or suspended for a certain amount of games. Anyone who disagrees is just a Steelers fan...[/quote]

of course I disagree.. I don't like to see McGahee go down like that.. but Clark lead with his shoulder... McGahee brought his head down.. you need to stop trolling on the Steelers and worry more about Tony Romo's off-season escapades with Jessica Simpson.. you are one classy person..

[quote name='primetime']Real classy dude. I don't ever want to see you criticize another player for classlessness.[/QUOTE]

Then put me on your ignore list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back