2009-10 NHL Thread- Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='saturnotaku']That regular season chart is hilarious. Once Pronger is gone, they need to change it to "Dammit Ovechkin!"[/QUOTE]
Hordichuk > Ovechkin

EDIT: Is the 2010 USA-Canada match available for purchase yet?

quick update in case you missed it. HAWKS WIN!!!!!!:applause::applause::applause::whee::whee::whee:. Next is on to those damn foreigners.lol

Edit what happened to the caps I didn't keep up with them the past two games and they lost 4-1 tonight?

Um the Caps coach needs to be fired? Halak simply stole that game. Probably the best goaltending in the playoffs so far. Plus the Caps were a win away from reaching the finals last year.

Speaking of coaches, I thought Barry "no neck" Trots would sound like a pissed off bulldog or something, but he doesn't.

Edit: Saw highlights on NHL on duh Fly of the Caps/Habs game. WOW.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, ill be rooting for the coyotes tonight. but if the red wings do win itll be one hell of a series. theres no way the sharks will win if they play like they did last series, detroit will manage the pace of the game far better than the avs did. top line will need to step up along with the 2nd and 3rd keeping their pace.

[quote name='Matt Young']The Sharks, Red Wings, and Coyotes are my most hated teams after the Ducks, and I used to live in Illinois. So, now that the Kings are out, go Blackhawks! I guess... :whistle2:\[/QUOTE]
You have to either be heartless, or a Wings fan to not be rooting for the Coyotes in the playoffs. But I always root for the underdog...

Whatever the outcome tonight, what an entertaining series and an amazing season.

[quote name='yukine']You have to either be heartless, or a Wings fan to not be rooting for the Coyotes in the playoffs. But I always root for the underdog...

Whatever the outcome tonight, what an entertaining series and an amazing season.[/QUOTE]

I really don't understand how the Coyotes get the "underdog" label. They're seeded higher than Detroit, and have held their own against Detroit plenty well. I always felt that Phoenix was our hardest series, and we happened to draw it first. If we win, I think we might go deep in the playoffs.

Detroit, on the other hand, has had a sub-par season, and I can't see them getting to the cup this year. I just want them to avoid a first round trip to the golf course.

However, if we end up with either the Hawks or San Jose, I guess we'll get a free trip to the cup, because we've had their numbers while we were healthy all year.

Damn. Can somebody get the Preds a big name scorer? I love that the team is nicely balanced and all, but we need a big name...

Nice win for Chicago, I hope the Canucks slaughter them.

[quote name='redshadow']I really don't understand how the Coyotes get the "underdog" label. They're seeded higher than Detroit, and have held their own against Detroit plenty well. I always felt that Phoenix was our hardest series, and we happened to draw it first. If we win, I think we might go deep in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

The Coyotes get the underdog label because the Wings are by FAR the most experienced and proven winners in the entire Western Conference. Seeding doesn't matter that much when the 5th seed had massive injuries for the entire season. The only reason the Wings didn't challenge for first overall in the West was due to those injuries.

Seriously, I'd say the Wings would only be underdogs against maybe the Sharks, and that's it. They are such an incredible franchise it isn't even funny.

[quote name='Dasflikko']The Coyotes get the underdog label because the Wings are by FAR the most experienced and proven winners in the entire Western Conference. Seeding doesn't matter that much when the 5th seed had massive injuries for the entire season. The only reason the Wings didn't challenge for first overall in the West was due to those injuries.

Seriously, I'd say the Wings would only be underdogs against maybe the Sharks, and that's it. They are such an incredible franchise it isn't even funny.[/QUOTE]

But again, no one takes into consideration the players we've lost.

We no longer have Hossa (Who, with his 40+ goals last year, was responsible for us being the #1 seed.), We lost consistent contributors like Jiri Hudler (Who might be coming back next season), Mikael Sammuelsson (the Nucks are enjoying the ex-Red Wing now.), as well as guys like Kopecky (who followed Hossa).

Instead...we signed people like Leino who consistently didn't produce.

Injuries didn't help...but they weren't the SOLE purpose for us having a mediocre year. That's the press blowing that garbage out of proportion.

Yes but us Wings fans demand unnecessary sympathy damn it! If we lose tonight we just want to play it off like "well we were the lower seed"

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Yes but us Wings fans demand unnecessary sympathy damn it! If we lose tonight we just want to play it off like "well we were the lower seed"[/QUOTE]

Not really. I guess I just give them more respect than anyone else does. I knew going into this that they weren't going to be pushovers. I thought we'd take it in 6 at the earliest.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']well, ill be rooting for the coyotes tonight. but if the red wings do win itll be one hell of a series. theres no way the sharks will win if they play like they did last series, detroit will manage the pace of the game far better than the avs did. top line will need to step up along with the 2nd and 3rd keeping their pace.[/QUOTE]

Even if the Coyotes win it still won't mean they'll do well if no one steps up...

I don't think the Wings are underdogs and Phoenix is the NHL's happy financial wreck...that has emerge to make the playoff's that's why their the underdogs. Well they're singing the anthem now I hope its a good game.

Go Red Wings!!

The refs keep calling non penalties. The Hanzal slash. Errcison hold. Crap crap crap. Hope Datsyuk gets a hat trick. Preferably with The Datsyuk Move he pulled on Turco long ago.

has anyone ever won anything off of the nhl auction website? What happened after you won and how long did it take to get to you. I just won a Nikolai KHABIBULIN 2004 AK Bars Kazan Russian League Hockey Jersey.

Despite giving up so many tonight Bryzgalov was really good again. That Stuart goal off the kill was huge. The entire Wings team gave a very good effort and Datsyuk was the magic man early. Love it.

Glad to see the best teams in the league making the final four in the West this year. I am hoping for a Detroit vs Vancouver WCF very badly.

Wings in Six over the sharks. Maybe 5. We'll definitely lose one because of no rest. But then again, maybe the sharks will be slow.

We've had their number all year.

[quote name='wildcpac']Wings came out hungry today.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Detroit dominated the Coyotes the whole game.

Even if the final score doesn't reflect it, Bryzgalov made some ridiculous saves and prevented it from being a 9-1 game or worse. But the rest of the team did not step up... you can't have a couple of power plays with no shots on goal and expect to win, etc.

Great season.

habs in 7!

cant wait for the sharks red wings. its only fitting they play eachother, the red wings have been a thorn in our side since the lock out. so its only fitting we have to beat them to get over the hump.

the best part about the series is, my gfs dad is a huge red wings fan (born and raised in detroit), so hes already called to see if we want to go to a game. i hope that pans out, id love to go to game 2.

[quote name='Azumangaman'].
Capitals over Canadiens (4-1)
Flyers over Devils (4-3)
Sabres over Bruins (4-2)
Senators over Penguins (4-3)
Avalanche over Sharks (4-2)
Predators over Blackhawks (4-3)
Canucks over Kings (4-2)
Coyotes over RedWings (4-0)[/QUOTE]
I shouldn't pick NHL games, I don't know nearly enough about most of the teams :)
That being said, I'd love to see the Canadiens roll all over the Capitals.

121 Points, 3-1 Series lead 1st seed vs an 8th seed and the Caps lose?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHHAAHHA.

How does a team with 2 guys with 100 points and another with 80 points, 1 50 goal scorer, 1 40 goal scorer and 5-6 more with 20-30 goals lose in the first round?

ovechkin-golf.jpg

BruceBoudreau.jpg

[quote name='wildcpac']121 Points, 3-1 Series lead 1st seed vs an 8th seed and the Caps lose?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHHAAHHA.

How does a team with 2 guys with 100 points and another with 80 points, 1 50 goal scorer, 1 40 goal scorer and 5-6 more with 20-30 goals lose in the first round?[/QUOTE]

Because a team who has Mike Green and Tom Poti as the best two defenceman will never win in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back