2009-10 NHL Thread- Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Dasflikko']Ladies and Gentlemen the kings of choke jobs, your San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals![/QUOTE]

choke-sign.jpg

[quote name='ajh2298']Because a team who has Mike Green and Tom Poti as the best two defenceman will never win in the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Caps gave up 12 goals in the last 5 games of the series. 2.2 goals a game and you are blaming the defense? Last time I checked, the caps offense only scored 3 goals in the last 3 games total.

[quote name='wildcpac']Caps gave up 12 goals in the last 5 games of the series. 2.2 goals a game and you are blaming the defense? Last time I checked, the caps offense only scored 3 goals in the last 3 games total.[/QUOTE]
Their defense and goaltending are certainly subpar, but what happened is that they're a very one dimensional team offensively. When the system wasn't working, their top players started trying to do everything by themselves.

They've never really been in a situation where they couldn't score goals in the regular season, and the playoffs are often not high scoring games. Their D and goaltending weren't good enough to win them a close game. They scored 6, 5, and 6 goals in each of their victories, and they scored 2, 1, 1, and 1 in their losses. Three of those games were one goal games, and one was a two goal game until an empty net goal. You need to be able to grind out close, low scoring games in the playoffs and the Caps were never equipped for that.

Anyone in the mood for terrible predictions?

Canucks over Blackhawks (4-2)
Sharks over Red Wings (4-3)
Bruins over Flyers (4-3)
Canadiens over Penguins (4-2)

I picked PIT and DET to lose because if I see them have a third damn Stanley Cup rematch I will cry.

[quote name='Astinus Majere']I think it's interesting that there's still one of each seed left[/QUOTE]
Especially when you consider one conference has mostly the higher seeds and the other the lower.

[quote name='Dasflikko']Vancouver vs Montreal for the finals! Finally an all Canadian matchup!

One can dream.... : ([/QUOTE]
Lol. That's NBC's and Bettman's worst fear. You can bet that he is determined to have either the Wings, Hawks, or Penguins in the finals against someone.

My predictions

Pens over Canadiens
Sharks over Wings
Hawks over Canucks
Flyers over Bruins

[quote name='wildcpac']Caps gave up 12 goals in the last 5 games of the series. 2.2 goals a game and you are blaming the defense? Last time I checked, the caps offense only scored 3 goals in the last 3 games total.[/QUOTE]

The Caps defense is not scary to play against nobody on their squad is going to move anybody around in the defensive zone. Last year the Pens beat them by dumping the puck in and hitting the Caps D-men off the puck everytime they could to wear them down, and through that seven game series that really paid off. They need to get rid of a couple of the fast offensive d-guys and get a couple of shut down defensive d-men like a Orpik and a Gill.

Remember even a team like the Oilers in the 80's had a Kevin Lowe and a Randy Gregg to put there to shut down a team instead of running Paul Coffey out there 60 minutes a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RAMSTORIA']Canucks over blackhawks
sharks over wings
penguins over canadiens
bruins over flyers

all in 6 games.[/QUOTE]

Sharks over wings?

Lol. Prepare to be disappointed.

So do the Caps move Mike Green and let John Carlson develop in the PP quarterback? With Green's salary gone they could take a run at signing Anton Volchenkov. It will be interesting to see how things shake out in Washington after this debacle.

Give credit where credit is due though. Montreal played fantastic the last 3 games of that series.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']fixed[/QUOTE]

You can have all the saves you want, but if you don't score you don't win. Montreal took advantage of the scoring opportunities they got.

[quote name='shieryda']Anybody good with Photoshop? Tyrone Biggums needs a Wings jersey.[/QUOTE]

i can do you better.

97979655.png

sorry for the poor quality, only have GIMP on my flashdrive at work.

lol

Edit:

[quote name='Azumangaman']I picked PIT and DET to lose because if I see them have a third damn Stanley Cup rematch I will cry.[/QUOTE]

God... Christ, This.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TC']So do the Caps move Mike Green and let John Carlson develop in the PP quarterback? With Green's salary gone they could take a run at signing Anton Volchenkov. It will be interesting to see how things shake out in Washington after this debacle.

Give credit where credit is due though. Montreal played fantastic the last 3 games of that series.[/QUOTE]

That would be great if they could but I think Greens contract makes him unmovable kind of like Campbell's does in Chicago. I think they are going to be stuck with him especially since he is a regular season one-trick pony.

[quote name='ajh2298']That would be great if they could but I think Greens contract makes him unmovable kind of like Campbell's does in Chicago. I think they are going to be stuck with him especially since he is a regular season one-trick pony.[/QUOTE]

Green is at 5.25 per season for 2-3 more years. He could be moved at that price. Brian Campbell is at 7.1 for 5-6 more years. The GM who takes that contract is risking life and limb.

I guess the Sharks didn't even expect to make the 2nd round since they booked the Eagles for two dates this weekend. Really screwed up the 2nd round schedule.

My picks.

East
Penguins vs Canadiens - Penguins in 5
Bruins vs Flyers - Bruins in 6
West
Sharks vs Red Wings - Red Wings in 6
Blackhawks vs Canucks - Canucks in 7

At stake: a potential $2,500 fine, unless the team can talk its way out of a late-night curfew

Wow big fine, I'm sure the wings will pay the fine for being 49 min. past curfew.

Also Patrick Marleau out with an undisclosed injury.

Referees gave that game away.

Calling tripping on Franzen after he takes a stick to the face = 5-on-3 = GWG for San Jose. Even with the 3 goal head start we gave them, referees decided to pull their wallets out and buy everything San Jose had. We should send them out to try for the Olympics in 2012. We need some good divers this summer.

[quote name='redshadow']Referees gave that game away.

Calling tripping on Franzen after he takes a stick to the face = 5-on-3 = GWG for San Jose. Even with the 3 goal head start we gave them, referees decided to pull their wallets out and buy everything San Jose had. We should send them out to try for the Olympics in 2012. We need some good divers this summer.[/QUOTE]

lol, franzens trip caused the stick to go up and hit him while seto was falling.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']lol, franzens trip caused the stick to go up and hit him while seto was falling.[/QUOTE]

Homer much?

Every other team message board I've checked (Canucks, Blackhawks, etc) all wanted to know where the high-stick call was.

Regardless of who tripped who first, player needs to be responsible for his stick at all times. Coincidental minors should have been dealt.

[quote name='redshadow'] Regardless of who tripped who first, player needs to be responsible for his stick at all times. Coincidental minors should have been dealt.[/QUOTE]

I concur. If not a double-minor, at least a 2 minute.

Sure to be some whistle-blowin' in the games tonight and tomorrow night. And maybe some fisticuffs.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']lol, franzens trip caused the stick to go up and hit him while seto was falling.[/QUOTE]

Lol I hope you're at the women's olympics this year to watch him bring the gold in diving.

lolfail.jpg

lolfail2.jpg

1. terrible screen shots

2. boo fucking hoo. calls get missed all the time. calls get called wrong all the time. good teams overcome them. i have no doubt in my mind that the red wings are going to get calls their way later in the series. if i were you id be more concerned with going 0 for 5 on power plays than i would a missed call.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']1. terrible screen shots

[/QUOTE]

Lol.

Our special teams have been hit or miss. Coming off of no rest and a game 7, I'm happier with the fact that we put the puck past nabby while you guys had 5 men on the ice rather than 4. Goes to show that you guys have holes in your defense, and when you guys aren't getting power-plays off of dives, half of your game effectively goes to shit.

If the wings actually show up this sunday, This will be over in 6. Time to drain the shark tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back