2009-2010 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe doesn't like it when the tables are turned:

ray-kobe.jpg

[quote name='wildcpac']nah homie. This thread is for 2009-2010. Season is overwith and it's time for this thread to fade off into obscurity. Think of it like the wrestling thread. The old one gets killed off after 500 post.[/QUOTE]

I actually think offseason should be here as well. We are still in 2010. We have been talking free agency in this thread already; there is no reason to switch it up until next season starts in October.

The last one started on the day free agency began I believe, not too sure. Either way, this summer is going to be a fun one.... if you care for LeBron at all that is.

[quote name='advanced']Either way, this summer is going to be a fun one.... if you care for LeBron at all that is.[/QUOTE]

Man I hope he decides quick instead of dragging it out for weeks. He's had plenty of time to think about it, I don't see why he shouldn't have already made up his mind.

My money's still on going back to the Cavs.

[quote name='bvharris']Man I hope he decides quick instead of dragging it out for weeks. He's had plenty of time to think about it, I don't see why he shouldn't have already made up his mind.

My money's still on going back to the Cavs.[/QUOTE]

LeBron? Not do something for attention? Have you SEEN the Cavs entrance? He's going to drag this out as long as people continue to care. And since most people (read: his fans) will care, its going to be a long Free Agency.

I'd like to see him with D. Wade on a team, or for him to go to the Bulls with Rose and Noah.

But I do agree, he's doing all this just to postpone the inevitable, which is heading back to the Cavs. He's gonna be the Coach too. And owner sooner than later.

Jackie Moon, anyone?
jackie-moon.jpg

Somebody needs to put LeBron's face on that, because thats the kind of attention whore he is. I loved that movie though. :)

[quote name='advanced']LeBron? Not do something for attention? Have you SEEN the Cavs entrance? He's going to drag this out as long as people continue to care. And since most people (read: his fans) will care, its going to be a long Free Agency.
[/QUOTE]

I said I hope it will be quick, not that I expect it to be. :D

[quote name='lordopus99']I actually think offseason should be here as well. We are still in 2010. We have been talking free agency in this thread already; there is no reason to switch it up until next season starts in October.[/QUOTE]

2009-2010 thread started on July 1st 2009. Summer 2010 is for the 2010-2011 season. This thread is done with.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Good riddance to one of the worst play off runs I have had to endure.[/QUOTE]

Playoffs were great! Best ever during my 30 years of lifetime. Phil with his 11th, Kobe with his 5th. What a run! The Ron Artest press conference after the game was well worth it as well.

I am still pissed that the Knicks drafted a big French Stiff named Frederick Weis at 15 over Artest in the 1999 NBA Draft. Artest was the local hometown hero out of St Johns and went to Chicago at 16.

One became popular for being posterized by Vince Carter in 2000 and the other turned into a decent scorer, great defender and an NBA All Star. Thank you Knicks for the White Stiff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrPjl-927Q

[quote name='Matt Young']Just watching last night's Kimmel, and Kobe gave props to Adam Morrison. Kobe must still be drunk off that championship champagne.[/QUOTE]

I honestly forgot Morrison was still on the Lakers. Even Brian Scalabrine got some Finals minutes.

[quote name='bvharris']I honestly forgot Morrison was still on the Lakers. Even Brian Scalabrine got some Finals minutes.[/QUOTE]

Morrison didn't even suit up the whole series if I'm not mistaken.

Morrison has 2 rings now. Which is 2 more than Ewing, Malone, Barkley and Stockton combined and times infinity. There is no god!

I wouldn't have bet on JJ Redick turning into a competent NBA player (good roleplayer on a great team) while Morrison was a total bust. I probably would have bet on both of them underperforming where they were drafted, but in the last couple years at least Redick has provided good value to the Magic. Definitely not true of Morrison.

[quote name='wildcpac']I am still pissed that the Knicks drafted a big French Stiff named Frederick Weis at 15 over Artest in the 1999 NBA Draft. Artest was the local hometown hero out of St Johns and went to Chicago at 16.

One became popular for being posterized by Vince Carter in 2000 and the other turned into a decent scorer, great defender and an NBA All Star. Thank you Knicks for the White Stiff!
[/QUOTE]

That's the Vince Carter I hope turns up next year instead of the pussy Vince Carter who settles for blocked layups this past year.

Knicks always draft horribly...what do you expect, even in the past. Heck, even when you draft someone decent, you still boo him based on your history i.e. Gallanari. All teams can be pissed at a pick. I am still pissed we drafted Fran Vazquez, who never showed up and renegotiated his contract in Spain. We might own his rights but the dude will NEVER play in the NBA.

Parade is on right now. I just want to thank the Lakers for beating the Assachusetts Celtics. Nothing is better than watching a bunch of Massholes cry. Massholes are still crying about Perkins being out for game 7. Even better is that the idiot celeb fans are crying about that. What a bunch of Losers! I'll maks sure to boycott all of their shitty TV Shows/Movies. It will be especially easy with Dane Cook.

CelebAd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wildcpac']

CelebAd.jpg
[/QUOTE]

If that's real it's pretty embarrassing as a Celtics fan. They lost, thereby they are most certainly not the champions of anything.

No, it's embarrassing that a major news publication will discredit another teams Championship because Kendrick Perkins of all people was injured. I forgot that he was the second coming of Michael Jordan. I forgot that Andrew Bynum played injured all series.

And it's real. It was on the boston.com

It was from page C 10 of Today's Boston Globe. CLASSLESS!

[quote name='dafoomie']It was a full page advertisement from some celebrities, nothing more. The Globe isn't responsible for it.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense. Don't expect wild to understand the distinction though.

Stupid celebrities. :bomb:

Classless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Globe isn't responsible for it? They accepted the money and put it in. CLASSLESS! Here I was expecting more from a bunch of Masshole Idiots. Waahhhhhhh we didn't win because Perkins was out game 7. WWAAAAHHHHHHHHH. I had a great laugh watching the fans reacting to the game 7 loss on Boston.com. The tears, the crying, PRICELESS.

[quote name='wildcpac']Classless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Globe isn't responsible for it? They accepted the money and put it in. CLASSLESS! Here I was expecting more from a bunch of Masshole Idiots. Waahhhhhhh we didn't win because Perkins was out game 7. WWAAAAHHHHHHHHH. I had a great laugh watching the fans reacting to the game 7 loss on Boston.com. The tears, the crying, PRICELESS.[/QUOTE]If only fans in Boston could be as classy as the those on the street in LA after the game.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']You're a weird dude, wildpac.[/QUOTE]

Not really unfortunately. If you spend any time on sports forums, they're full of guys like him that do nothing but talk shit about other teams and defend their team to the death with no regard to facts or logic. We're lucky we only have one on CAG! :D

Sorry I am too busy to give a shit. I am also too busy laughing at the Bruins getting bruined TM by the Flyers and the Celtics getting half a bruined TM by the Lakers. What a great month for Assachusetts sports!

I've never seen a game, a series, so gifted to a team by the refs like that and it was Foster who did it the most. The 4th quarter the Celtics continued their lead, but the refs starting calling non-fouls on the Celtics, giving the Lakers free buckets and putting the Celtics into the penalty early on. That killed them, especially when the game was a defensive one not offensive.

I know what I saw, I watched all the fouls in the 4th on slow-mo replay many times. I talked to Lakers fans i know and they admitted that the refs gifted it to them in the 4th. When I say series, I mean them calling Allen out of game 1, KG out of game 2, and Pierce out of game 3.

This is my only statement, I'm not going to argue with anyone's hated responses. It made me sick to see what they did to the Celtics especially to KG, Ray, & Pierce, and most of all what they did to Doc.

I am done with the NBA if they pull shit this bad next year. I guess they figured more money is to be made with Kobe having 5 rings and having a Lakers team young enough to go for more championships. And maybe they were concerned what would go down in LA if they lost at home. I remember Lakers fans throwing rocks and shaking the Lakers bus after the Lakers lost away in 08.

When I look back on this championship I will always know the Celtics were the true winners. I will also be happy that their starting lineup is still undefeated.

^^^this. im not really into the "the league is rigged" conspiracy, but that fourth quarter was ridicoulsly reffed. everytime i would turn and look at the tv, the lakers would be shooting free throws. then they would show the replay of the "foul" it would be kobe jumping into the defender. more than half their points came from the line in the 4th. what a joke

The Lakers attacked the paint and the Celtics went for jumpers, so I can accept that they'd get to the line more. And the Celtics offense towards the end, Pierce iso on every possession, was brutal. But I did see the Lakers get to the line on touch fouls that the Celtics weren't getting on the other end.

The Lakers got most of their offense in the 4th at the line, the Celtics hold that lead if not for that. At the very least, you have to admit that the 4th quarter was officiated completely differently than the rest of the game.

Its not why the Celtics lost, they lost the game by getting out rebounded, not taking a bigger lead in the 1st half, and by having their offense completely die at the end. But it might be why the Lakers won, if that makes any sense to you.

And Gasol was definitely the MVP, I'm sorry. Kobe getting that is a joke.

[quote name='dafoomie']

And Gasol was definitely the MVP, I'm sorry. Kobe getting that is a joke.[/QUOTE]

Six efficient offensive games while playing good defense and one poor offensive game with excellent rebounding and defense aren't outweighed by a guy who disappeared completely at times?

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Six efficient offensive games while playing good defense and one poor offensive game with excellent rebounding and defense aren't outweighed by a guy who disappeared completely at times?[/QUOTE]

Kobe? Disappear? Multiple times? No..... Impossible.

That was Gasol's MVP award. No doubt about it. Whatever, he doesn't seem to upset though.

[quote name='J7.']I've never seen a game, a series, so gifted to a team by the refs like that and it was Foster who did it the most. The 4th quarter the Celtics continued their lead, but the refs starting calling non-fouls on the Celtics, giving the Lakers free buckets and putting the Celtics into the penalty early on. That killed them, especially when the game was a defensive one not offensive.

I know what I saw, I watched all the fouls in the 4th on slow-mo replay many times. I talked to Lakers fans i know and they admitted that the refs gifted it to them in the 4th. When I say series, I mean them calling Allen out of game 1, KG out of game 2, and Pierce out of game 3.

This is my only statement, I'm not going to argue with anyone's hated responses. It made me sick to see what they did to the Celtics especially to KG, Ray, & Pierce, and most of all what they did to Doc.

I am done with the NBA if they pull shit this bad next year. I guess they figured more money is to be made with Kobe having 5 rings and having a Lakers team young enough to go for more championships. And maybe they were concerned what would go down in LA if they lost at home. I remember Lakers fans throwing rocks and shaking the Lakers bus after the Lakers lost away in 08.

When I look back on this championship I will always know the Celtics were the true winners. I will also be happy that their starting lineup is still undefeated.[/QUOTE]

You could claim the same thing for most teams during the playoffs. I watched our star player being bench on non-foul foul calls. Clean block - whistle blown... foul. Howard was benched most of the playoffs. If he was out on the floor and allowed to play, he would have easily clean up boards and putbacks. Your team actually got a lot of fake calls during our series.

Face the fact. Refs do not cause teams to win. The Lakers were a better team and they closed it out when they needed to.

[quote name='advanced']Kobe? Disappear? Multiple times? No..... Impossible.

That was Gasol's MVP award. No doubt about it. Whatever, he doesn't seem to upset though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I included that. He shot horribly in game 7. He responded by grabbing 15 boards and continuing to play good defense. He played harder everywhere else to make up for it. He controlled the series with defense and effort, even if he didn't score all the time.

[quote name='J7.']I've never seen a game, a series, so gifted to a team by the refs like that and it was Foster who did it the most. The 4th quarter the Celtics continued their lead, but the refs starting calling non-fouls on the Celtics, giving the Lakers free buckets and putting the Celtics into the penalty early on. That killed them, especially when the game was a defensive one not offensive.

When I look back on this championship I will always know the Celtics were the true winners. I will also be happy that their starting lineup is still undefeated.[/QUOTE]Why not be done with it right now? Don't take this as a post from a Lakers fan but from a fan in general, why continue to watch a sport if you can't handle it when your team losses and it always seems to be the refs fault or an NBA conspiracy or David Stern doing some voodoo?

I see what your getting at DT but I dont even have a NBA team and I cant really stomach the NBA anymore.

Think of the reverse, take your team out of it DT and really take a gander at how the NBA plays out every year and there is far to much fan service going on compared to the other major sports.

Kobe getting that MVP is a joke....the exact same way that it was a tradegy that he won one over CP3 despite the fact that he was breaking records and was clearly the best player in the NBA that year. Hell they should changed the Regular season MVP award to the Lebron James Award and then give it to other people.

This isnt a Stern is dealing with the devil but the NBA has to be the most scripted sport in America. The same shitty teams have been shitty for 40 years, the same good teams have been good for 40 years. The same players win the same major awards.

There is something missing about the NBA.

[quote name='dafoomie']What happened to A.J. Burnett tonight?[/QUOTE]

The same thing that happened to DMat and Wakefield numerous times this year.

At least in NY, we win legit Championships. I am still laughing at the Bruins getting bruined and the Celtics getting half a bruined this year. The best was on Boston.com of them posting videos of the fans reaction after losing game 7. All of those Massholes making excuses like usual while crying. PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back