2009 Videogame Holiday Dump Bins at BestBuy B&M

FatBoyInside

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
It's that time of the year where Best Buy stores re-tag and bury their overstocked games into large dump bins for holiday shoppers to shift around. These games will have their original UPC masked by a generic barcode and will be stickered with a fixed price, either $9.99 or $14.99. I think it might be cool and useful to keep an organized thread concerning any possible prized booty (preferably less than msrp). I will update the OP with any new inputs from fellow CAG scavengers. Cheers!

$9.99

:360: Command & Conquer : Red Alert 3
:psp: N+

$14.99

:ds: MySims Kingdom
:ds: Viva Pinata : Pocket Paradise
:wii: Coraline
:wii: Broken Sword Shadow of the Templars
:psp: Monster Hunter Freedom 2
:360: Namco Museum Virtual Arcade

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds good. maybe I will make a stop by my local Best Buy store tomorrow and see what titles they have available.

Saw this last night, mostly junk though. The bin shows the PS3 logo, but not a single PS3 game in it.

[quote name='robbyH']at St. Mathews in Louisville, there was copies of Monster Hunter Freedom 2 for $15.[/QUOTE]

I looked through those boxes...it's definitely a dump bin.

[quote name='Stingermck']Saw this last night, mostly junk though. The bin shows the PS3 logo, but not a single PS3 game in it.[/QUOTE]

Maybe someone bought them all.

[quote name='cheeky']Maybe someone bought them all.[/QUOTE]

Unlikely, I saw the bin just as they put it out, there was none to start with at my store. Most Best Buys just have very few PS3 games, and no budget games for it.

I grabbed Spray for the Wii @ $9.99 from the BB holiday bin. It's supposed to have a lot of bugs, but figured it was decent for the kids at that price...

So are the dump bins at all BB stores or just selected ones? Anyway, I'll drop by on my way home and report if I find anything of note.

Namco Museum's pretty good for $15. You get a crapload of great XBLA games and some arcade classics for good measure.

Where are these bins usually located? Close to the video games section? Right by the front door? Or by the cashiers? Last time I went to BB I couldn't find one, I even asked one of salesfloor people and the guy had no clue.

:oops::oops:

I will try to go to Best Buy tonight and see what I can find. My Best Buy always has the dump bins (all year) straight from the entrance, there are four, one with 30% off the marked price (just went up from 20%) one with $10, $15 and then $20 games. Hopefully they put some new ones out because what they do have is either no good or not worth what they are asking.

Thanks for the headsup. I will report if I find anything!

I'll check it out as well. does anyone know if they contunually replenish with new titles throughout the season on these? I cant remember.

[quote name='kevzik']i looked through most of them and Command & Conquer is the only one that caught my eye.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was at BB yesterday and C & C 3 Red Alert caught my eye too... then again that may have been because there was literally 30 or more copies in the bin:p

Is that game that good, if so I may pick it up

In North Bergen, NJ, they very rarely have bins. The 62nd street and Broadway in NYC often has one, but little to pick from. New store in Jersey City opeining soon. I will check on them all soon.

PS: Please remember to put your store location in your posts! Thanks

[quote name='tomwaits1']I grabbed Spray for the Wii @ $9.99 from the BB holiday bin. It's supposed to have a lot of bugs, but figured it was decent for the kids at that price...[/QUOTE]

Just so you know, Gamestop currently has it for $4.99 New/$3.99 Used, so if you haven't opened it yet, you might wanna return it and see if a local GS has any copies.

I went to Best Buy tonight and they had two pretty large dumpbins. There was nothing too great in there, mostly titles like Cooking Mama, Barbies games, games I've never heard of, etc. for $15.

The best things I could find were Ape Escape On the Loose :psp: and N+ :psp: for $9.99 each.

They also had some games, like Spray :wii: for example that were $9.99, but most of the other games that were somewhat decent for the price were recently dropped at Gamestop.

At my store, they kept the bins they have had as long as I've been shopping there for the $15, $20 and 30% off games, but they took away the $10 bin, so I'm thinking they put them all into the dumpbin.

I'm thinking about getting the two PSP games, I think those were decent deals, but for the most part the other games really weren't worth what they were asking.

i recently tried price matching ski doo challenge at BB (or 19.99)...told them GS has it for $4.99....she said "oh no we cant do that?"...i asked y...she said "its way below our employee cost" (16.99)

has this happened to anyone???

[quote name='aleraiders']i recently tried price matching ski doo challenge at BB (or 19.99)...told them GS has it for $4.99....she said "oh no we cant do that?"...i asked y...she said "its way below our employee cost" (16.99)

has this happened to anyone???[/QUOTE]

FYI, that is supposed to be 5% over cost...

[quote name='aleraiders']i recently tried price matching ski doo challenge at BB (or 19.99)...told them GS has it for $4.99....she said "oh no we cant do that?"...i asked y...she said "its way below our employee cost" (16.99)

has this happened to anyone???[/QUOTE]

yes, that happened at my BB 2 months ago...

Noticed the new dump bins as well.

Tak: Guardian of Gross (Wii) - $9.99

I liked the Gamecube Tak titles so figured this would be worth a try.

[quote name='dizzle24']Yonkers, NY BB had a bunch of Viva Pinata for DS, $14.99.[/QUOTE]

Great game and worth the money at $20 or more.

I grabbed :ds: Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles for $14.99 the other day. Saw :ds: Brothers in Arms DS for that price as well, but wasn't convinced that I need it. Other than that, the bins haven't been too interesting around here.

Command & Conquer : Red Alert 3

If I can find it for $10, would this be a good start for someone who has never played an rts? I'll give it a shot for 10 bucks if it's good.

[quote name='Virsago']Command & Conquer : Red Alert 3

If I can find it for $10, would this be a good start for someone who has never played an rts? I'll give it a shot for 10 bucks if it's good.[/QUOTE]

It's no Warcraft III or Starcraft but it can be fun.

I don't know how well the controls translate to the console though.

I'll probably swing by BB today and see if mine has any bins.

[quote name='vic_x51']really? for what system?[/QUOTE]

Simmer down...it was PS2, not PS3 or 360. Those are still $59.99.

Saw:

:ds:Lock's Quest $14.99
:ds:Geometry Wars: Galaxies $9.99

Also saw a bunch of what other people have mentioned, mostly C&C 3 and N+, although I would love to snag a copy of MH Freedom 2 for $14.99 as noted in the OP.

[quote name='Virsago']Command & Conquer : Red Alert 3

If I can find it for $10, would this be a good start for someone who has never played an rts? I'll give it a shot for 10 bucks if it's good.[/QUOTE]

I was at BestBuy this past weekend near me and I think that was the ONLY 360 game they had in the bins, must have had close to 20 of them in there!

My bin sucked. The only good game was Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution but even that has long since been eclipsed by VF5 (which only costs $5 more).

Maybe they'll put out another bin this weekend.

Broken Sword for the wii is in the bins, for $14.99 (just saw at GS for $30 today, so seems to be a decent discount)

Do you also want to do BB.com outlet center prices in here? They have some decent prices (if you get free shipping or are already buying stuff online)

Saints Row (non-platinum hit)- $17.99
Civilization Revolutions on DS - $10.99

and some others.

The dump bins at one of the local BBY's really sucked. However, there were a few good clearance games for $4.99 that I picked up (all for the PS3) : Midnight Club LA, Red Alert 3, Legends of Wrestlemania, and Fuel

Duluth GA dump bins had a lot of C&C Red Alert 3 for 360. Didn't see anything else too worthy of mention.

There was also a 75% off rack with some crappy games, but of note was Patapon 2 voucher for PSP. I grabbed one for $5.30. There was one left as of yesterday.

Not sure about the difference between "holiday" dump bins and everyday dump bins. My store has a bin near the registers, and I found:

:360: Last Remnant $9.99

Not sure if this is a deal (game got very mediocre reviews) but on a $/lb. basis it would seem to be (it's heavy).

I've seen Namco Museum but $10 or less is my price point for that, especially since already have it for PS2.

There are also still plenty of Rock Revolutions (360) floating around :lol:

PS Is there a way to insert system icons (360, PS3, etc.) without pulling up the full Smiles page? If not, it would be great to have add a drop-down button for that above the reply field.

Saw one of these bins at the Best Buy in Deptford, NJ earlier in the week.

Will have to check it out tomorrow when I stop by Target to see if Wolverine or GI Joe dropped yet.

[quote name='gantt']
PS Is there a way to insert system icons (360, PS3, etc.) without pulling up the full Smiles page? If not, it would be great to have add a drop-down button for that above the reply field.[/QUOTE]

just put 'colon :' ps3 'colon :' do not use the word and apostrophes and you should be fine. so like : ps3 : - but with no spaces. :ps3: :ds: :wii: :ps2: :xbox: :360: :psp:

bread's done
Back