2010-2011 NBA Season Thread

[quote name='wildcpac']Robin? Lebitch is Batgirl. The ugly Raptor is Robin.[/QUOTE]

Wade is not going to give up his position as Alpha male in Miami. He wears a shirt that says D-Wade county for christ sakes!

[quote name='advanced']Nevermind, what Wildc said.

Me and you, we can be online buds. Sorry about your loss though, hopefully you guys can recover soon and get back to contending or at least having winning seasons. :)

As far as the NBA goes, I have usually just been a fan of players like Bird, Jordan, Robinson, Ewing, Thomas, Johnson, etc instead of teams. I was a huge Jordan fan so I became Bulls fan for the longest time (but still liked Bird and Johnson). Never became a fan of The Wizards since Jordan was a shell of his former self. After Jordan I didn't really like another player until James. Currently, I'm becoming quite a fan Durant also.
[/QUOTE]

It's possible granted I'm not really a Cavs fan, I just have followed James since he was in High School and since he got drafted to the Cavs I became a fan. Honestly, it's disappointing though that he feels he needs to play with probably the third best player in the NBA to win a championship.

He is conceding to become Mega Pippen. :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='advanced']
The C's were a team of mature players who were willing to egos aside for the greater good because they had to. Also, they had a pretty decent supporting cast behind them during the last few years.

Miami is going to be able to afford shit and dirt respectively with the cap-room left.[/QUOTE]

The starting discussion on Lebron's The Decision made reference to the lack of celts supporting cast at the beginning questioning a young unproven Rondo and Perkins.

So it's official: James is an NBA heel now.

This whole free agency thing has left a bad taste in my mouth, both as a Rockets fan and an NBA fan.

Is it bad that I hope one or more of the new SUPER THREE sustains a bad injury (blown ACL, etc) from having to play 40+ minutes every night since the Heat have no money to sign anyone of even mediocre role-player quality to fill out the rest of the roster?

[quote name='yukine']So is the Heat the most hated team in the NBA now?[/QUOTE]

Only among douche bags.

Dream Team for the win baby. Now I am actually interested in the NBA for next season. Maybe this will push people to try and get the best players overall.

This pushes teams to scout better, draft better and not give 20 million dollars to fucking Darko. Step your game up NBA and join the new fucking century. Stop wasting money on crappy talent, stop drafting on hype alone, stop seeking pointless FA.

is there even a point of watching the nba for the next 6 season? its going to be lakers and heat in the finals every year.

[quote name='lordopus99']The starting discussion on Lebron's The Decision made reference to the lack of celts supporting cast at the beginning questioning a young unproven Rondo and Perkins.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the two other starters weren't top tier caliber, but the bench was solid. If the Heat can't get decent role players, they won't get far. Three guys do not a basketball team make. It takes a dedicated group of guys.

[quote name='wwe101']fuck that $$$$er. i hope he never wins a ring the rest of his career[/QUOTE]

Your tears taste so sweet. I'm loving it.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Only among douche bags.

Dream Team for the win baby. Now I am actually interested in the NBA for next season. Maybe this will push people to try and get the best players overall.

This pushes teams to scout better, draft better and not give 20 million dollars to fucking Darko. Step your game up NBA and join the new fucking century. Stop wasting money on crappy talent, stop drafting on hype alone, stop seeking pointless FA.[/QUOTE]

That's all fine and good, but there isn't enough talent around for more than a couple teams to compete like that. We've had all of these discussions about how the league is reduced to a small handful of perennial contenders and the rest of the fodder. Maybe it's time to cut a few teams.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Only among douche bags.

This pushes teams to scout better, draft better and not give 20 million dollars to fucking Darko. Step your game up NBA and join the new fucking century. Stop wasting money on crappy talent, stop drafting on hype alone, stop seeking pointless FA.[/QUOTE]
I don't think people are douche bags for wanting the Heat to lose, I think it's great for Florida anyway.

It took this for you to get interested in the NBA?

The NBA would definitely be better with fewer teams.

Already looking forward to Lakers vs Heat on Christmas day.

[quote name='DT778']The NBA would definitely be better with fewer teams.

Already looking forward to Lakers vs Heat on Christmas day.[/QUOTE]
Clippers, Golden State, and the Kings can go. :lol:

lmao at that cavs fan throwing the middle fingers after the announcement pm Larry King, someone has to have a gif of that,
showing Lebron that footage of them burning his jersey, ice cold

[quote name='advanced']Yeah, the two other starters weren't top tier caliber, but the bench was solid. If the Heat can't get decent role players, they won't get far. Three guys do not a basketball team make. It takes a dedicated group of guys.
[/QUOTE]

They already have two decent role players in Beasley and Chalmers. They drafted well with Pittman and Butler (once he heals, he will be a stud). They supposely threw out an offer to Mike Miller i.e. a good shooter. There are going to be plenty of free agents taking a cut to play with these guys, knowing they have a great chance at a NBA Championship for many seasons to come.

[quote name='wwe101']cant wait for heat @ cavs for the season opener[/QUOTE]

So you can cry some more over your lost LeBron? Cool. Now I'll be enjoying it too!

[quote name='lordopus99']They already have two decent role players in Beasley and Chalmers. They drafted well with Pittman and Butler (once he heals, he will be a stud). They supposely threw out an offer to Mike Miller i.e. a good shooter. There are going to be plenty of free agents taking a cut to play with these guys, knowing they have a great chance at a NBA Championship for many seasons to come.[/QUOTE]

Three max, or close to max, contracts are going to be hard to move around, period. Some people will be, but at the end of the day, people have families to feed and they have to worry about getting paid. They will be fierce, but I don't want to hand them the East just yet.

Lebitch James just had the biggest Ultimate Heel Turn. Vince McMahon should be taking notes. This Heel Turn is 100000000 times better than Hogan joining the NWO. I heard that they showed Lebitch Cavs fans burning his jersey.

Did anyone else send questions on twitter to LeBron using #thedecision?

I turned it off right after the announcement, someone let me know if he answers my question:

"LeBron, what does it feel like to be responsible for a 1000% increase in suicide in Cleveland?"

Maverick Carter needs to tell Lebron that the only way his heart can stay in Cleveland is if a fan rips it from his chest.

Anybody got a live stream of an Akron police cruiser's dash cam?

David Lee has agreed to a six-year, $80 million deal with the Warriors via a sign-and-trade.

The Knicks are likely to receive Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike back in return.

Golden State and New York had worked on the framework of a deal during the day on Thursday that was contingent on the decision of LeBron James.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... z0t97diJgy

[quote name='62t']wow if Michael Beasley wasn't such a bust the Heat would have 4 quality players[/QUOTE]

He scored 14.8 points a game last year with 6.4 boards--not shabby for a 21 year old. I'd hardly call him a bust. He hasn't been the super start people expected, but he's put up good numbers and is certainly young enough to have a lot of room to improve.

[quote name='wybo_a']Thank You Lebron! Thank you so much for ruining the NBA for seasons to come![/QUOTE]

A great compilation of players does not guarantee a championship. Just ask the 03-04 Lakers.

Also, don't blame Lebron, blame Delonte West and Lebrons mom!

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']this doesn't mean anything let's remember the 04 Lakers.[/QUOTE]

Was that the year the Piston's beat them after playing Hack a Shaq?

[quote name='lordopus99']The starting discussion on Lebron's The Decision made reference to the lack of celts supporting cast at the beginning questioning a young unproven Rondo and Perkins.[/QUOTE]
They had a great supporting cast, the NBA just didn't know it yet. Rondo and Perkins rounding out the starting 5. James Posey, Big Baby, Leon Powe, Eddie House, P.J. Brown...

Miami has to build an entire roster here with their 3 2nd round picks and minimum salary vets. Maybe they'll trade Beasley and Chalmers and get more players coming back, but it'll be very interesting to see what they do here.

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']this doesn't mean anything let's remember the 04 Lakers.[/QUOTE]

Karl Malone was 40, Gary Payton was 35, and that was the first year of Shaq's decline. This is nothing like that.

[quote name='dmaul1114']He scored 14.8 points a game last year with 6.4 boards--not shabby for a 21 year old. I'd hardly call him a bust. He hasn't been the super start people expected, but he's put up good numbers and is certainly young enough to have a lot of room to improve.[/QUOTE]

If the 2008 draft happen again 7-8 guys would draft before him, a very high number. O. J. Mayo/Russell Westbrook/Brook Lopez are young too but they already proven players. His maturity off the court is the bigger problem.

[quote name='62t']If the 2008 draft happen again 7-8 guys would draft before him, a very high number. O. J. Mayo/Russell Westbrook/Brook Lopez are young too but they already proven players.[/QUOTE]

Sure. But that doesn't make him a bust. A bust is someone drafted high that totally sucks and falls out of the league etc.

He's been disappointing relative to where he was drafted, but as you say he's still performing like a lower top 10 pick--hardly a bust.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Sure. But that doesn't make him a bust. A bust is someone drafted high that totally sucks and falls out of the league etc.

He's been disappointing relative to where he was drafted, but as you say he's still performing like a lower top 10 pick--hardly a bust.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking he needs to be traded to clear some room for them to sign other players.

I wouldn't compare Miami with the 2004 Lakers. The 2004 Lakers were essential the 2003 Lakers (lost to the Spurs) + an over-the-hill Gary Payton and Karl Malone. What they are right now is essentially a 3-man team with 9 vet minimum contracts. Who knows what to make of the rest of Miami's roster.

The biggest winner of the off-season is the Lakers. They were far better than any of the Western teams and none of them improved. They will get to the Western Finals by just falling out of bed.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Karl Malone was 40, Gary Payton was 35, and that was the first year of Shaq's decline. This is nothing like that.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. We will see I don't think this is an instant championship team its gonna take time. Will they win a title maybe. I don't think they will win next year. 2011-12 season i think they should be the favorites

[quote name='dafoomie']They had a great supporting cast, the NBA just didn't know it yet. Rondo and Perkins rounding out the starting 5. James Posey, Big Baby, Leon Powe, Eddie House, P.J. Brown...

Miami has to build an entire roster here with their 3 2nd round picks and minimum salary vets. Maybe they'll trade Beasley and Chalmers and get more players coming back, but it'll be very interesting to see what they do here.[/QUOTE]

Thanks dafoomie. :)

I have been corrected, James is not Robin. No, he's Gordon! When he's in trouble, he'll sit back and call on the dynamic duo of Wade and Bosh.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Sure. But that doesn't make him a bust. A bust is someone drafted high that totally sucks and falls out of the league etc.

He's been disappointing relative to where he was drafted, but as you say he's still performing like a lower top 10 pick--hardly a bust.[/QUOTE]

If you just look at his number, sure. He is too small to be a power forward and too slow to be a small forward so he doesnt have a true position. He violated team policy multiple times which is not a good sign. He is good enough to get in the lineup but not if he is a head case. He has talent but so does a lot of players who are out of the league.

[quote name='dafoomie']I'm excited for the Celtics, they've got a lot of pride and they'll have a ton of motivation to beat Miami.[/QUOTE]

They are the team that Miami should be afraid of. They have a great coach and a great cast!

[quote name='paddlefoot']
The biggest winner of the off-season is the Lakers. They were far better than any of the Western teams and none of them improved. They will get to the Western Finals by just falling out of bed.[/QUOTE]
No, the Suns and Jazz actually got worse rather than improve.

Watch out, Lakers... we got Hakim Warrick!

im still in shock. i mean its gonna be sweet watching a super team in miami but where the hell the my cavs go from here, the basically just went from being title contenders to a lottery team:cold:

sure we have about 13 million in cap now, but who the hell do we sign?

bread's done
Back