2010-2011 NBA Season Thread

Still to early to make predictions on the Heat without seeing the rest of the roster.

Mike Miller is a done deal from most reports, Riley is meeting with Derek Fisher etc. They could end up with a pretty solid supporting cast when all is said and done.

Source: ESPN.com

"All three contracts, sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein, have an early termination option after the fourth season that would allow LeBron, Bosh and Wade to return to free agency in the summer of 2014. Each player also possesses a player option entering the final season of the contract (2015-16).....

Sources told ESPN that Toronto reacquired its first-round selection in 2011, which Miami had from a 2009 trade that sent Shawn Marion to the Raptors, and added the Heat's own first rounder in 2011.

Miami then sent its first-round picks in 2013 and 2015 to the Cavaliers and Cleveland has the option to swap first-round picks in 2012."

Wow. I hope the Heat can get themselves together some really cheap good veterans and win immediately. Cause they've mortgaged the farm on winning the next 4. If they for some reason struggled, for things like team chemistry, injury, etc.... Let's say they win 2 titles in 4 years. I could see Bosh opting out if there was a demand for him. While the Heat fans are jumping up to protect LeBron for going for the best win instead of money (which he still got by the way), Bosh's attitude has been about the money. It's always been a sign and trade for him, he wants the money.

Plus isn't there a very serious threat of a lockout in face of a new collective bargaining agreement year after next? Imagine if Bosh pulled a Shawn Kemp....remember how huge that guy got?

[quote name='dmaul1114']
Also, here's the details on the heat contracts.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5368003

James and Bosh-6 years $110.1 million. Wade-6 years $107.5 million. All have early termination options after 4 years, so all could be free agents again in summer 2014.[/QUOTE]

Any word on why Wade took the least? I expected it, but are there any more perks for him besides bring the other two to Miami?

[quote name='dmaul1114']I've not read of any perks.

I'd assume he agreed to took less as he didn't have to move (and take the PR hit) etc.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. He's probably happy that he got what he wanted anyway.

[quote name='Soodmeg']
I think people are really sleeping on the bulls....they have gone out and really built a solid team. They might be really dangerous next year.[/QUOTE]

The Bulls and Bucks are two teams that will have great records next year, but everyone will be talking about Heat, Magic, Celtics, and Lakers.

Last year for the Celtics and Spurs to make a huge impact in the playoffs with their current rosters.

[quote name='life.exe']So if you were in LeBron's position you would have stayed on a team not capable of winning a championship instead of going to a team with two other all-stars? No, you wouldn't. Everyone in LeBron's shoes would have gone to Miami and you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

What would have happened if he went to Chicago? That would have been a championship team with him on it. Would people still be whining?[/QUOTE]

Speak for yourself, If I were in Lebrons shoes I would have gone to the bulls. I would have had a much better shot at the title and STILL be THE MAN. I know you can't win a title by yourself, you need a nice supporting cast but this is exaggerated. He most definitely isn't big shit anymore since this is wades team and that hurts him in a lot of ways.

[quote name='argeezy']Speak for yourself, If I were in Lebrons shoes I would have gone to the bulls. I would have had a much better shot at the title and STILL be THE MAN. I know you can't win a title by yourself, you need a nice supporting cast but this is exaggerated. He most definitely isn't big shit anymore since this is wades team and that hurts him in a lot of ways.[/QUOTE]

What this guy said. The Bulls have the pieces to win right now without having to overload the team in superstars. He'd go, still be top dog, and he'd have a great cast. Rose/Deng/LBJ/Boozer/Noah would have been a great starting five.

But again, most of us hate the individualistic nature of pro sports today, with athletes caring more about being "the man" rather than winning championships for their team and the team's fans.

So I can't fault him at all on that front. I applaud him for not needing to be "the man" and going where he feels he has the best chance to be part of a dynasty.

Again, only problem I have is with how he left with the TV special etc. If he doesn't want to be "the man", no need for a 1 hour special etc.

In addition, Fathead.com, an online retailer owned by Cavs owner Dan Gilbert dropped the price of its LeBron Fathead wall decals from $99.99 to $17.41, which happens to be the same year Revolutionary War traitor Benedict Arnold was born.

[quote name='dmaul1114']But again, most of us hate the individualistic nature of pro sports today, with athletes caring more about being "the man" rather than winning championships for their team and the team's fans.

So I can't fault him at all on that front. I applaud him for not needing to be "the man" and going where he feels he has the best chance to be part of a dynasty.

Again, only problem I have is with how he left with the TV special etc. If he doesn't want to be "the man", no need for a 1 hour special etc.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't his team have been the Bulls then? Since he grew up looking up to them? Or the Cavaliers? Since he was drafted by them and grew up in Akron? I'd didn't know he was worried about winning for the Heat and they're fans.

If I were in his shoes, I can honestly say I'd do it all different since I'd rather have it be "my" team instead of Wade's team, which everybody is saying it is (since its true). I'd also have the decency to tell the team I was leaving long before I told the world. That right there is cowardice.

Like I said, I don't like the way he left at all. Not telling the Cavs personally he was leaving, having a 1 hour national tv show about the decision etc.

But I have not problem with him going where he could have the most other star talent around him, as the ultimate goal is to win championships. Not be "the man" or have it be "my" team etc.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Like I said, I don't like the way he left at all. Not telling the Cavs personally he was leaving, having a 1 hour national tv show about the decision etc.

But I have not problem with him going where he could have the most other star talent around him, as the ultimate goal is to win championships. Not be "the man" or have it be "my" team etc.[/QUOTE]

doesn't always work like that...remember when the story used to be Kobe can't win without Shaq and it was almost as if his 3 championships meant nothing or had an asterisk next to them.

Also you need to be "the man/my team" if you want to be put in a conversation with the all time greats. You can't win championships as a sidekick and then be put up on a pedastool as the king.

If you want rings, sure this is the best route but if you're looking at it like that, then Derek fisher and Robert Horry are some of the all time greats.:roll:

[quote name='thamaster24']The Bulls and Bucks are two teams that will have great records next year, but everyone will be talking about Heat, Magic, Celtics, and Lakers.

Last year for the Celtics and Spurs to make a huge impact in the playoffs with their current rosters.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The Bucks most people will be sleeping on. With Bogut and Redd (early Jan/Feb) back, they re-signed Salmons, picked up a legit PF in Gooden, and solid back SF in CDR. This team will be a tough team if they stay healthy.

I found Dan Gilbert's comments about Lebron very funny and true. He really DID quit on the Cavs during a few games in the playoffs against the Celtics and Magic. Jordan wouldn't quit even when down big. Unless the Cavs were up big, it seemed like Lebron just gave up and stopped caring. That's why I'm starting to believe he went to the heat because he can't lead a team while Dwayne Wade can.

That's just how I see it.

All the hate talk from the fans here in town is really harsh. Honestly, Dan Gilbert is the only person who can be truly mad because he lost a couple hundred million dollars but even that is just reactionary hate, I think the real emotion is disappointment. We invest so much time, money and emotion into these athletes and get so little out of it when our teams don't win. And that's not just Cleveland that's everywhere. Then when one comes along who has the chance to do something no other athlete anywhere has ever done: win in his home state, hometown, for his home team on the highest level; we got sucked in 10,000 times more and to have him up and leave especially in such a venue... Its just disappointing that he was gonna be THE guy for US and he doesn't want that. That is the disappointment of a fan, we care SO SO SO much more about the athletes then they will ever care about us.

Sorry for my cathartic ramble.

[quote name='bigtymer']All the hate talk from the fans here in town is really harsh. Honestly, Dan Gilbert is the only person who can be truly mad because he lost a couple hundred million dollars but even that is just reactionary hate, I think the real emotion is disappointment. [/QUOTE]

No the owner was shafted and had a right to be pissed. Gilbert bent over backwards trying to please LeBron like hiring his friends as Cavs employees. Teams sabotaged seasons in order to have a chance at LeBron. The Cavs couldn't afford to because they needed to spend every available dollar in a supporting cast for LeBron in hopes that he would stay. Fast forward to today and Cleveland is left with no LeBron after all they went through for him. What star would ever choose to play for Cleveland? That organization is finished. By the way, I'm not judging. LeBron doesn't owe that organization anything but he basically had his way with them and kicked them to the curb.

Read below to get a sense of what LeBron put that organization through for all those years.

Chris Broussard of ESPN stated that a big reason that LeBron James didn't sign with the Bulls is that they didn't offer enough perks for LeBron's family and friends.

One of LeBron's buddies was hired by the Cavaliers and he wanted his entourage to be able to travel on the Bulls' tab, but the team, according to Broussard, said we didn't do that for Michael Jordan, so we're not doing it for you.'

[quote name='argeezy']doesn't always work like that...remember when the story used to be Kobe can't win without Shaq and it was almost as if his 3 championships meant nothing or had an asterisk next to them.

Also you need to be "the man/my team" if you want to be put in a conversation with the all time greats. You can't win championships as a sidekick and then be put up on a pedastool as the king.

If you want rings, sure this is the best route but if you're looking at it like that, then Derek fisher and Robert Horry are some of the all time greats.:roll:[/QUOTE]

All I'm saying is I'm all about TEAM sports. I hate all the individual ego shit, worrying about who the best player of all time is etc. I hate that shit. I care about the best TEAMS of all time, not the best players.

I've never been one (even when I was little) to have a favorite player etc. I have favorite teams and I've rooted for all of them as long as I've been a fan of the various sports. Meaning sticking with teams win or lose, as stars come and go etc.

So on that front I applaud him for not needing to be the man, make max dollars etc. and going where he thinks he can win the most rings by sacrificing personal glory to play on the best TEAM possible. But again he ruined that by the way he left, and by needing all these concession for his friends and family etc.

The problem is the Cavs never found that second option for Lebron. If Lebron had his Pippen, another good young player he could develop together, it might be the difference. Even Kobe wanted to leave the Lakers if they werent able to get Pau Gasol.

As for the persk, they are likely nothing compare to the money he made for the team. And Chicago not willing to do so is one of the reason they had to break up the dynasty.

[quote name='dmaul1114']But again, most of us hate the individualistic nature of pro sports today, with athletes caring more about being "the man" rather than winning championships for their team and the team's fans.

Again, only problem I have is with how he left with the TV special etc. If he doesn't want to be "the man", no need for a 1 hour special etc.[/QUOTE]

He doesn't need to be the man because he doesn't have the drive, desire, and intestinal fortitude to be the man. For someone who supposedly wants to be the new Jordan he just showed how he isn't like Mike.

In basketball you need someone to be the man. Without someone who wants to be the man you don't win titles. The only team in 20 years or so that did it without an alpha dog was the Pistons.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']He doesn't need to be the man because he doesn't have the drive, desire, and intestinal fortitude to be the man. For someone who supposedly wants to be the new Jordan he just showed how he isn't like Mike.

In basketball you need someone to be the man. Without someone who wants to be the man you don't win titles. The only team in 20 years or so that did it without an alpha dog was the Pistons.[/QUOTE]

Truth!

Cleveland's economy is pretty much gonna collapse. Get ready for the zombie Apocalypse!

I was in Ohio and never seen so much hate for a guy that pretty much gave the Cavaliers a chance over the years. Yes he gave up in the playoffs, but do you seriously blame him? He carried that team by himself for many years, he probably felt like Barry Sanders did with the Detroit Lions.

Remember, at least Cleveland isn't Detroit! lawls.

ESPN is reporting the Heat are in talks with Derick Fisher

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yes he gave up in the playoffs, but do you seriously blame him?[/QUOTE]
Yes. He had a 61 win team and he quit on them in the playoffs when he faced a little adversity. It wasn't just that he didn't play hard enough, he totally took himself out of the offense.

By the way, has anyone heard anything about that "elbow"? Did the Heat need to check his medical records? And how do Cavs fans feel about Delonte now? Do they blame him for LeBron leaving, or do they love him for bagging his mom?

[quote name='dafoomie']It wasn't just that he didn't play hard enough, he totally took himself out of the offense.[/QUOTE]
Didn't play hard? Taken out of the offense? Those don't look like "taken out of offense/not hard enough" numbers.
Game 1: 35pts, 7boards, 7assists, 2blocks, 3steals
Game 2: 24pts, 7boards, 4assists, 2blocks, 3steals
Game 3: 38pts, 8boards, 7assists, 2blocks
Game 4: 22pts, 9boards, 8assists, 1block, 2 steals
Game 5: 15pts, 7boards, 5assists
Game 6: dude drops a triple double, 27pts, 19boards, 10assists, 3steals

The whole team gave up, not just Lebron. Let's remember that someone else needs to step up when someone has an offnight like Lebron had in Game 5 yet option 2 and 3 didn't play up to par in the series.
- Jamison had 5 of 6 games under his averages during the series.
- Williams had 4 of 6 games under his averages during the series.

Fast forward to Miami... Lebron has an offnight, there are options that step up in Wade or Bosh or Miller.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']
In basketball you need someone to be the man. Without someone who wants to be the man you don't win titles. The only team in 20 years or so that did it without an alpha dog was the Pistons.[/QUOTE]

Sure, you need someone who's clutch and can carry the team when needed.

But that doesn't mean having to be on a team with no other super stars etc. nor playing more for personal glory rather than winning titles etc.

Besides, it's not like Jordan did it alone. He had Pippen who was a top 5-10 player in the league during the run. Difference is Lebron has 2 super star team mates rather than 1 like Jordan.

Miami is a powerhouse now.. but will they have chemistry come the new season?

Guess we'll have to see when the time comes. My guess: Lakers 3-peat.. ;)

[quote name='lordopus99']Didn't play hard? Taken out of the offense? Those don't look like "taken out of offense/not hard enough" numbers.
Game 1: 35pts, 7boards, 7assists, 2blocks, 3steals
Game 2: 24pts, 7boards, 4assists, 2blocks, 3steals
Game 3: 38pts, 8boards, 7assists, 2blocks
Game 4: 22pts, 9boards, 8assists, 1block, 2 steals
Game 5: 15pts, 7boards, 5assists
Game 6: dude drops a triple double, 27pts, 19boards, 10assists, 3steals

The whole team gave up, not just Lebron. Let's remember that someone else needs to step up when someone has an offnight like Lebron had in Game 5 yet option 2 and 3 didn't play up to par in the series.
- Jamison had 5 of 6 games under his averages during the series.
- Williams had 4 of 6 games under his averages during the series.

Fast forward to Miami... Lebron has an offnight, there are options that step up in Wade or Bosh or Miller.[/QUOTE]
Dude, I watched the games. Did you?

Lebron went down swinging in 2008, he tried to carry that team but it just wasn't enough.

I suppose you could say that he didn't quit in Game 5 because he never showed up in the first place. He was sulking from the tipoff. 0 points in the first quarter, 0 field goals in the first half. I think he only took 4 shots in the first half, he was 3 for 14. Didn't drive to the basket once in the first half, never really had the ball in his hands, wasn't really moving without the ball to try and get open looks.

I don't know how you can watch his Game 5 performance and come to any conclusion other than he quit. It was his last game in Cleveland as a Cav and he got booed out of the building. It was shameful and embarrassing.

In Game 2 he took 15 shots, he only put up points because he went to the line 15 times on some pretty awful home town officiating. He sucked in that game, too.

[quote name='dafoomie']Dude, I watched the games. Did you?

Lebron went down swinging in 2008, he tried to carry that team but it just wasn't enough.

I suppose you could say that he didn't quit in Game 5 because he never showed up in the first place. He was sulking from the tipoff. 0 points in the first quarter, 0 field goals in the first half. I think he only took 4 shots in the first half, he was 3 for 14. Didn't drive to the basket once in the first half, never really had the ball in his hands, wasn't really moving without the ball to try and get open looks.

I don't know how you can watch his Game 5 performance and come to any conclusion other than he quit. It was his last game in Cleveland as a Cav and he got booed out of the building. It was shameful and embarrassing.

In Game 2 he took 15 shots, he only put up points because he went to the line 15 times on some pretty awful home town officiating. He sucked in that game, too.[/QUOTE]

The thing about numbers is they don't show effort. People use them and think thats it, but they don't show how much the player cared about the game.

Lord, LeBron, straight up, gave up and quit during his run this past season. Every post season before, like every season, he put his team on his back and tried to carry them. This year, he dropped them during the Celtics series and was like "Yea, so?" about the entire thing. Dude quit. Don't try to hide it with numbers. That elbow bullshit was him coming up with an excuse. They never did find anything wrong with it, did they?

The other guys they are playing with is a valid concern but how they will fit on the court isn't. LBJ always gets compared to mike when in reality he is more of a Magic Johnson with hops. He has no problem facilitating for another player and will be glad to let wade hit the crunch time buckets. If they can grab a few bangers and some shooters you won't stop that team

[quote name='62t']The problem is the Cavs never found that second option for Lebron. If Lebron had his Pippen, another good young player he could develop together, it might be the difference. Even Kobe wanted to leave the Lakers if they werent able to get Pau Gasol.

As for the persk, they are likely nothing compare to the money he made for the team. And Chicago not willing to do so is one of the reason they had to break up the dynasty.[/QUOTE]

The problem I have with this, is that the Cavs did everything they could to bring new people in as soon as they figured the 'current' crew wasn't going to get it done year after year (and especially after the 2007 Finals). The catch is that because LeBron was so set on his free agency even back when he signed his 3 year RFA contract, no other stars wanted to commit to the Cavs without knowing LeBron would be there... he could have been recruiting and he could have had a 'Scottie Pippen' in Cleveland if that's what he wanted. It could have been LeBron bringing people to Cleveland rather than DWade bringing people to Miami.

[quote name='jlarlee']The other guys they are playing with is a valid concern but how they will fit on the court isn't. LBJ always gets compared to mike when in reality he is more of a Magic Johnson with hops. He has no problem facilitating for another player and will be glad to let wade hit the crunch time buckets. If they can grab a few bangers and some shooters you won't stop that team[/QUOTE]

This is garbage.. LeBron playing "Magic Johnson" ball is below his abilities because he on any given night can be the most dominant player in the league. LeBron is putting it on cruise control and this is why I personally am not going to miss him. I don't want the biggest, best player on my team if he's not going to push it and play his heart out.

Look, the people of Cleveland are pissed about two things:
1) We thought he was one of us and understood the pain of losing... championship opportunities and star athletes. We fooled ourselves into believing this and we all realize he had every right to leave.
2) He did us wrong the way he conducted himself. For anyone saying he doesn't owe us, you're wrong because we fans are the ones who fill the arenas that ultimately lead to paying his checks, and we fans are the ones who give him the forum to be a star.. if we didn't care about basketball, he'd just be some guy in Akron.

So Miami has twice the population of Cleveland, but I think all he needed to know was that the figures were something like 1 in 4 houses tuned in to watch on Thursday in Cleveland vs 1 in 7 in Miami. I don't care that he's 25, he's a kid and made a short sighted decision.. he could have held out for a few more years at home to win 1 championship in Cleveland and it would have meant so much more than whatever he will do in Miami in the long run.

[quote name='QiG']This is garbage.. LeBron playing "Magic Johnson" ball is below his abilities because he on any given night can be the most dominant player in the league. LeBron is putting it on cruise control and this is why I personally am not going to miss him. I don't want the biggest, best player on my team if he's not going to push it and play his heart out.

Look, the people of Cleveland are pissed about two things:
2) He did us wrong the way he conducted himself. For anyone saying he doesn't owe us, you're wrong because we fans are the ones who fill the arenas that ultimately lead to paying his checks, and we fans are the ones who give him the forum to be a star.. if we didn't care about basketball, he'd just be some guy in Akron.[/QUOTE]

Have you not been watching his games the past 7 seasons (minus this last post season)? I actually felt sorry for the guy because he has to put up Jordan like performances every game for the Cavs to have a chance at winning. How we forget his Game 6 performance against Detroit.

And as for your number 2 point, you're acting like you guys created LeBron. You guys are lucky to have drafted him number 1 and have him for 7 years. Cleveland fans are what ultimately led to his paychecks? So if New York, or Chicago, or Utah, or any other team drafted him, he wouldn't get paid out the ass and have arenas filled? He made Cleveland relevant again.

The years before he came, that arena was empty. And the years after he leaves will remain empty. It isn't that he'd be just some guy in Akron if you didn't care about basketball. It is that he made you guys care about basketball again...for almost an entire decade.

I think somewhere in all of this, the media and all of us NBA fans are so desperately wanting to fill the void of Jordan that we unfairly chose LeBron as that next guy. Why is it that just because he has otherworldly skills, he has to have a desire like Jordan to win every game and turn a franchise into a dynasty?

Is it possible that he just wants to play basketball and get paid for it? Does every student here want to graduate with honors and become the top of their class? Does every employee here want to become the CEO of the company they work for with a rabid desire like Michael Jordan?

Some guys just aren't in it for greatness. Can't a guy just play 13 years in the NBA and get paid millions for it? It is a job just like any other for most people. The only difference is that we want him to be the next MJ.

[quote name='Kendro']I think somewhere in all of this, the media and all of us NBA fans are so desperately wanting to fill the void of Jordan that we unfairly chose LeBron as that next guy. Why is it that just because he has otherworldly skills, he has to have a desire like Jordan to win every game and turn a franchise into a dynasty?

Is it possible that he just wants to play basketball and get paid for it? Does every student here want to graduate with honors and become the top of their class? Does every employee here want to become the CEO of the company they work for with a rabid desire like Michael Jordan?

Some guys just aren't in it for greatness. Can't a guy just play 13 years in the NBA and get paid millions for it? It is a job just like any other for most people. The only difference is that we want him to be the next MJ.[/QUOTE]

Dude, he refers to himself in the third person as King James.

[quote name='Kendro']I think somewhere in all of this, the media and all of us NBA fans are so desperately wanting to fill the void of Jordan that we unfairly chose LeBron as that next guy. Why is it that just because he has otherworldly skills, he has to have a desire like Jordan to win every game and turn a franchise into a dynasty?

Some guys just aren't in it for greatness. Can't a guy just play 13 years in the NBA and get paid millions for it? It is a job just like any other for most people. The only difference is that we want him to be the next MJ.[/QUOTE]

Do you honestly believe what you just typed?

All this guy talks about is chasing rings, being great, and becoming a world icon... he's not in it for a few bucks. Come on now... ;)

[quote name='Kendro']Some guys just aren't in it for greatness. Can't a guy just play 13 years in the NBA and get paid millions for it?[/QUOTE]
When the potential for greatness is there, you'll always ask what if. You want your players to play to the maximum potential of their ability no matter what their skill level.

He's not a guy who can lead a franchise like Jordan or Kobe. It definitely hurts his legacy and reduces his stature in the history of the game. If D-Wade ends up being "the man" on that team, how could Lebron be considered better than he is?

All I have to say is Barry Sanders.

Here is a guy who is one of a kind HOF player and quit his sport in this prime because he was and I quote," Simply tired of loosing."

It took the Cavs 7 years to get this half ass squad around LBJ. How long is he suppose to wait? 7 more years? 5 more? Every year he gets further and further away from his prime and the chance to win one gets smaller. Now remember he is a guy who doesnt just one to win 1 ring..but a handful.

Its funny that people use the C's has a example when it actually proves LBJs point. KG played that bullshit loyalty card and what did that get him? 12 bullshit years wasted in the prime of his career with barely a deep play off run to show for it. While he busted his ass averaging over 20 points a game and numerous double and triple doubles he had to leave to get one.

LBJ is doing the exact same thing KG did....just without wasting 12 years first.

[quote name='advanced']The thing about numbers is they don't show effort. People use them and think thats it, but they don't show how much the player cared about the game.

Lord, LeBron, straight up, gave up and quit during his run this past season. Every post season before, like every season, he put his team on his back and tried to carry them. This year, he dropped them during the Celtics series and was like "Yea, so?" about the entire thing. Dude quit. Don't try to hide it with numbers. That elbow bullshit was him coming up with an excuse. They never did find anything wrong with it, did they?[/QUOTE]

I never said he didn't give up... I stated the whole team gave up. He played hard in the first 3 games of the series when his teammates didn't come to play, he knew the series was beyond win. Game 5 specifically... Mo Williams gave up in the first (two quarters before James seemed to give up) when Rondo kept blowing by him the whole game (well... series). Lebron still played hard i.e. 3rd quarter outlet pass to him in Game 5 (the only guy to run the floor), even if he was lethargic at times during the games i.e. part of the fourth. Don't discredit him due to his shot being off during the game either. His defensive numbers out shine every SF in the league, even during the series. As for the elbow bullshit, it wasn't him stating it... it was ESPN analysts trying to explain the misses in his shot. If Lebron really thought his elbow was a problem, he would have sat out during the playoffs like most players do i.e. Brandon Roy.

[quote name='QiG']This is garbage.. LeBron playing "Magic Johnson" ball is below his abilities because he on any given night can be the most dominant player in the league. LeBron is putting it on cruise control and this is why I personally am not going to miss him. I don't want the biggest, best player on my team if he's not going to push it and play his heart out. [/QUOTE]

I guess you never saw him play high school ball. This is the type of player he has always been i.e. the "Magic Johnson" type. Like Magic, he plays all over the court, getting boards and blocks and dishing the ball to open players. He never really had a true jumpshot. Don't get me wrong it works but it isn't really his game. In High School, he passed up shots in order to dish the ball and make his teammates great.

Real talk: You should have listed that Cavs fan are mad because your team just went from the best record in the NBA to a team that will be subpar next year and not make the playoffs because you knew all along that his supporting cast never played consistently enough to win and it will show next year when Lebron isn't there to pull them out in the clutch. You will also most likely not have nearly the amount of televised casts on ESPN/TBS/ABC (easily cut by 2/3 of the casts this year) and the fans will probably not go to the games again.

[quote name='QiG']Do you honestly believe what you just typed?

All this guy talks about is chasing rings, being great, and becoming a world icon... he's not in it for a few bucks. Come on now... ;)[/QUOTE]

Exactly, he has said many times he wants to be the first Billionaire athlete if Lebron doesn't want people to compare him to Jordan he should have never took 23 in both High School and the pros. The "chalk thing" is another example that shows he wants to be like Mike. Now, as a tribute he is going to take a different number and will probably stop doing the "chalk" thing. If he just wanted to make a few bucks he wouldn't have had "The Decision" on prime time National TV. :roll:

[quote name='lordopus99']As for the elbow bullshit, it wasn't him stating it... it was ESPN analysts trying to explain the misses in his shot. If Lebron really thought his elbow was a problem, he would have sat out during the playoffs like most players do i.e. Brandon Roy.[/QUOTE]
"The elbow is an issue I'll deal with in the offseason." --Lebron

[quote name='Soodmeg']All I have to say is Barry Sanders.

Here is a guy who is one of a kind HOF player and quit his sport in this prime because he was and I quote," Simply tired of loosing."

It took the Cavs 7 years to get this half ass squad around LBJ. How long is he suppose to wait? 7 more years? 5 more? Every year he gets further and further away from his prime and the chance to win one gets smaller. Now remember he is a guy who doesnt just one to win 1 ring..but a handful.

Its funny that people use the C's has a example when it actually proves LBJs point. KG played that bullshit loyalty card and what did that get him? 12 bullshit years wasted in the prime of his career with barely a deep play off run to show for it. While he busted his ass averaging over 20 points a game and numerous double and triple doubles he had to leave to get one.

LBJ is doing the exact same thing KG did....just without wasting 12 years first.[/QUOTE]
I don't have a problem with him leaving, but the Bulls seemed to be a better situation where he could be "the man" and be one of the best teams in the NBA.

Barry Sanders retired because, as a running back, you're destroying your body. He chose his good health over killing himself for a shitty Lions team.

KG wasn't a free agent, he was traded. They had been shopping him for several seasons and pulled the trigger as he was entering the final year of his deal. KG may have been an MVP, but especially from 2008 on, none of those guys were top 5 players in the NBA.

You know, I've been really up and down on Lebron over the course of his career. When he came straight from high school, I wanted him to fail miserably. The hype was too sickening for me to accept. Over time, I accepted that he could play and I actually kind of liked him as a player. He actually seemed to get better each year, and I could respect that. A year ago, I was even open to the possibility that he was the best player in basketball. Turns out it's still Kobe, but Lebron would have been a close and acceptable second.

In the playoffs this year, I started to sour on him again as I watched him quit. Yes, he can walk into near-triple doubles every night simply by his athleticism, but that wasn't good enough. The numbers didn't show what the games were actually like. He quit, plain and simple. Had he stuck around in Cleveland to give a better showing next year, I probably could have overlooked it. But now, it's hard not to connect that giving up with this free agency spectacle. I just don't think he cared anymore. He knew he was gone.

Now, following the egregiously self-serving television special, drawn-out drama, and disregard for his former employer, I really don't like him. I don't care that he changed teams. Players have every right to do that and I don't begrudge him that ability. However, I'm absolutely sickened by the ego that has been put on display. Yes, the American viewing public helped to create it, as did sports writers and whatever you want to call the folks at ESPN. But Lebron ate it all up and then he spit it back in our faces. This was the biggest "Look at me" grab I've ever seen. I liked Bosh and Wade teaming up. I like both players. I would have been ok if Lebron had joined them without all the shameless self-gratification. Now, it's going to be hard for me to watch that Heat team and root for Wade and Bosh.

Maybe I'll get over it, maybe I won't. Lebron could make up a lot of goodwill by recognizing how he rubbed people the wrong way and saying, "I realize it was over the top, and if I had it to do over again I would have gone about it more respectfully." Something to that effect would mean a lot. No, he doesn't owe anyone anything, but it'd be nice to see a little humility from him.

bread's done
Back