2010-2011 NBA Season Thread

[quote name='lordopus99']Welcome to the playoffs Bulls. People play harder there. ;)[/QUOTE]

The Bulls have won a lot of games this season like they did today. They'll be down points in the 4th until they smoke 'em and joke 'em in the last few minutes. D-Rose makes it look easy.

Pacers should have played harder instead of choking like bitches in the last few minutes. :)

I would like to see the Bulls and Heat go at it in the playoffs, so the Bulls can make Lebron and those guys cry like 8-year-olds again.

[quote name='Blackout']The Bulls have won a lot of games this season like they did today. They'll be down points in the 4th until they smoke 'em and joke 'em in the last few minutes. D-Rose makes it look easy.

Pacers should have played harder instead of choking like bitches in the last few minutes. :)

I would like to see the Bulls and Heat go at it in the playoffs, so the Bulls can make Lebron and those guys cry like 8-year-olds again.[/QUOTE]

Dont worry cause that will be exactly what will happen like the ole saying goes

You can never ask Lebron for change for a dollar cause he'll never give you the 4th quarter.

[quote name='renique46']Dont worry cause that will be exactly what will happen like the ole saying goes

You can never ask Lebron for change for a dollar cause he'll never give you the 4th quarter.[/QUOTE]

Did you hear about the new LeBron James cell phone? You have to keep it on vibrate because it has no rings.

Is that why LeBron shoots a higher percentage from the floor, is more efficient scoring, and turns the ball over less frequently in the clutch (4th qtr or OT, less than five minutes left, game within five points) than Rose?

[quote name='Drclaw411']Did you hear about the new LeBron James cell phone? You have to keep it on vibrate because it has no rings.[/QUOTE]

Nah but i did hear about his preference in automatic cars since he doesn't like manual cause you have to have knowledge using the clutch ( yea yea i know but i made that up on the fly so go easy on me )

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Is that why LeBron shoots a higher percentage from the floor, is more efficient scoring, and turns the ball over less frequently in the clutch (4th qtr or OT, less than five minutes left, game within five points) than Rose?[/QUOTE]

And yet he still has no rings.:)

[quote name='Invicta 61']The Bulls should have played harder in the first 46 minutes instead of playing like bitches and waiting for DRose to bail them out. :D[/QUOTE]

In case you didn't know, D Rose is a Bull, too.

And the Grizz finally get their first playoff win! This series is going to be a battle. Grizz have had the Spurs number in the last few meetings but with the Spurs 3 All-Star caliber players getting many more minutes, it's a little bit different. However, as long as Memphis hangs tough with D and can actually hit some shots and free throws and not almost give games away, this could easily be a 7 game series.

[quote name='lordopus99']And where is Rose's??? ;)[/QUOTE]

Probably being made right now actually.

It's also only Rose's third year compared to Lebron's 8th. Not that that point really makes a difference. The Bulls put together a solid team to support D-Rose. With Boozer, Deng, and an excellent bench it's gonna be hard to stop them. Not saying the Heat can't do it because James & Wade can always explode to another level when they decide they want to. Hopefully it goes to Bulls vs. Heat for the Conference game.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'm looking forward to Grizzlies vs Hornets in the conference finals.[/QUOTE]

That would be pretty great, but I don't see the Hornets winning the series against the Lakers if Arron Gray doesn't come back. He really put Gasol in his place today, nice to see him step up like that and like Paul said, Gray was the player of the game.

[quote name='lordopus99']And where is Rose's??? ;)[/QUOTE]

Same place as Dwight Howards'.:)

[quote name='Prepster']That would be pretty great, but I don't see the Hornets winning the series against the Lakers if Arron Gray doesn't come back. He really put Gasol in his place today, nice to see him step up like that and like Paul said, Gray was the player of the game.[/QUOTE]

I always thought Gray had some potential when he was at Chicago, while he'll never be a superstar, I thought he could be a solid starter.

These NBA playoffs have really started up awesome. So glad the Bulls pulled out that win against the Pacers last night. Derrick Rose does what superstars do and took over when it really mattered down the stretch. I think the Pacers will steal a game when the Bulls head to Indiana, so I still have Bulls in 5.

Really shocked that the Hornets pulled out a win today against the Lakers in LA. I had the Lakers sweeping them. Chris Paul went off for 33 PTS, 14 AST, and 7 REBS. Also congrats to the Grizzles for winning their first playoff game in franchise history.

[quote name='renique46']refs must have been sweating buckets when they saw Celtics losing despite their help they made sure they put a stop to that[/QUOTE]
Refs didn't hit that last shot, Ray Allen did

oh you mean that 3 allen hit because garnett tripped douglas with one of his trademark illegal screens celtics shouldnt have had the ball in the first place with that flop artist pierce acting like he got shot by a cannon not to mention if your gonna call ticky tack shit like that why not call garnett on the off foul or allen when he fouled melo bc they had a foul to give who knows what would have happen. knicks lack of execution hurt them but lets not pretend thats the sole reason they lost. stfu with that bs.

[quote name='renique46']oh you mean that 3 allen hit because garnett tripped douglas with one of his trademark illegal screens celtics shouldnt have had the ball in the first place with that flop artist pierce acting like he got shot by a cannon not to mention if your gonna call ticky tack shit like that why not call garnett on the off foul or allen when he fouled melo bc they had a foul to give who knows what would have happen. knicks lack of execution hurt them but lets not pretend thats the sole reason they lost. stfu with that bs.[/QUOTE]
Sorry you're so butthurt. New York had their chances and they blew it. Free throws were even across the board so it wasn't just the refs.

Blaming the refs is weak.

Pierce got called for an offensive foul for the same reason, renique46. The reffing was pretty even in my book. If the Celtics had, they wouldn't have won by only 2. Just like in the 3rd game between the two during the season, the Knicks failed to close the game and the C's ramped up the defense to get the come from behind win.

Great game, can't wait until Tuesday. I have class but I'll be watching the updates on my iPod during the lecture.

The Nuggets/Thunder series is definitely going 7 too. Grizz/Spurs should be fun to watch too. Pacers/Bulls could be exciting if the Pacers play they way they did in game 1. Overall, a great basketball weekend. Gotta love the playoffs!

[quote name='Doomtime']Sorry you're so butthurt. New York had their chances and they blew it. Free throws were even across the board so it wasn't just the refs.

Blaming the refs is weak.
[/QUOTE]

i dont really give a shit what you think quite honestly as long as either team is healthy enough to get rid of the heat so that chicago doesnt have to waste their time with them is good in my book, but for a game that people say was pretty even why would it suddenly just fall apart last couple of possession if your gonna let them play then call it both ways cause free throws are even across the board doesnt mean shit in the last couple of possessions in a close decided game so fuck off with that nonsense.

I'm just glad the Spurs and the Lakers lost, already knew the Knicks were going to lose, since they really haven't improved since they got Carmelo

Playoffs are looking pretty damn good this year. I hope it stays this way with good almost evenly called games.

Lakers lost is great and I really hope they get bumped out the first round so the NBA smarty pants cans stop spending 80% of their air time asking whats wrong with them. I really hope the C's loose this series just because it would cause the most amount of butt hurt between C's fans and post trade Knicks haters.

3rd straight Defensive Player of the Year award for Dwight Howard.

Hopefully the Magic can bounce back on Tuesday. I've got tickets to game 3 on Friday night.

Pacers @ Bulls game 2 tonight!!! Really excited to see how the Bulls respond to that scare that was game 1. Boozer better step up his game especially on the defensive end. Bulls are not paying him $85 million for nothing. I think the Bulls come out strong and come out with the win tonight. It would be great having a 2-0 lead going into Indiana for game 3 on Thursday cause I know Conseco Fieldhouse will be rocking.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']Melo gets called for an offensive foul, and KG knocks Toney Douglas on the floor to free up Ray Allen for the 3?
KG is a dirty player, and the refs should be paying more attention.
[/QUOTE]

It should have been a foul, though I don't think it was any dirtier than anything you see dozens of times during any game. Melo's foul was easier to call since it was more extended contact, KG's was blink and you miss it. I'd say KG's was a more blatant foul, but a smarter one since, hey, he got away with it.

[quote name='renique46']rotf if heat have to have this much ref help in these playoffs then its gonna be a free ride to the finals[/QUOTE]

[quote name='renique46']refs trying to prevent mavs from becoming lolplayoffsmavs[/QUOTE]

[quote name='renique46']refs must have been sweating buckets when they saw Celtics losing despite their help they made sure they put a stop to that[/QUOTE]

[quote name='renique46']i want bulls to win but not like this dont know why the fuck these 4th quarters have to be so damn bad with these refs[/QUOTE]

You're like a retarded broken record.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']You're like a retarded broken record.[/QUOTE]

im sorry if you dont like it but so far its true now why dont you continue to steal oxygen like usual and get off my dick

[quote name='renique46']im sorry if you dont like it but so far its true now why dont you continue to steal oxygen like usual and get off my dick[/QUOTE]

You're so obviously unarmed. No battle of wits for you.

These Bulls if they play this way in the next round will get beat easily. The Pacers are the team with the WORST record in all the playoffs and they have played the Bulls close. If they could just close 4th quarters, they could pull the upset without Collison. Crazy.

[quote name='lordopus99']These Bulls if they play this way in the next round will get beat easily. The Pacers are the team with the WORST record in all the playoffs and they have played the Bulls close. If they could just close 4th quarters, they could pull the upset without Collison. Crazy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they need to play better, but at least they're winning the games. It's been an interesting playoffs already with the Spurs and Lakers both losing their opening games. Seems that the Celtics may have gotten their groove back too.

[quote name='lordopus99']These Bulls if they play this way in the next round will get beat easily. The Pacers are the team with the WORST record in all the playoffs and they have played the Bulls close. If they could just close 4th quarters, they could pull the upset without Collison. Crazy.[/QUOTE]

They really need to play better, I believe the Bulls are just getting cocky

So I guess David sent the Dallas stopper down for the game because of Nate's comments. Dallas loses tonight because Danny Crawford is lead official.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']You're so obviously unarmed. No battle of wits for you.[/QUOTE]

HA! I am not going to let this slick burn go unnoticed. Congrats Piffallharry you just won the internet.

[quote name='docvinh']Yeah, they need to play better, but at least they're winning the games. It's been an interesting playoffs already with the Spurs and Lakers both losing their opening games. Seems that the Celtics may have gotten their groove back too.[/QUOTE]

Definitely got their groove back. 2-0. Can't wait for Friday.

[quote name='advanced']Definitely got their groove back. 2-0. Can't wait for Friday.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on beating Melo. I, too, can't wait for Friday.

Not a must win for the Hawks since they got 1 win already on the road,but there home game that's a game they need to win.Now on the Knicks game I gotta give Melo credit, the guy kept them in the game with a D-League team on the floor in the second half.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaseyRyback']So I guess David sent the Dallas stopper down for the game because of Nate's comments. Dallas loses tonight because Danny Crawford is lead official.[/QUOTE]

Yea cause the refs didn't help Dallas win Game 1. Portland, as a team, had 13 free throws ALL GAME; Dirk got 13 free throws in FOURTH QUARTER ALONE. Can you please stop crying on the "unfair" treatment of the Mavs :roll:

PS Way to go Magic.

Glad to see the Magic bounced back. Was pretty much a must win as you can't lose the first two at home. Only got to see the foul-a-thon in the last 30 seconds or so here as I just got in from work.

As I posted before, I'm going to game 3 Friday. Really hope they can pull that out as well, will put a lot of pressure on the Hawks for game 4 not wanting to go back to Orlando down 3-1.

[quote name='lordopus99']Yea cause the refs didn't help Dallas win Game 1. Portland, as a team, had 13 free throws ALL GAME; Dirk got 13 free throws in FOURTH QUARTER ALONE. Can you please stop crying on the "unfair" treatment of the Mavs :roll:

PS Way to go Magic.[/QUOTE]

The only game out of the past seventeen that they Mavs have won is the game where Dirk went off in epic fashion for 50. He was there for game three and six of the finals.

I didn't get to watch game 1 because I lost power. The stats did seem ridiculous though.

Just thought i'd drop in and give my $0.02 on the playoffs thus far.

First i'll start with the Bulls/Pacers; after watching the first two games, it is crystal clear that the bulls are not as good as their record shows. They will probbably win that series, but there is no way they are coming out of the east; espically if they face the Magic in Rd2.

Celtics should be able to escape the knicks in about 5, but that's as far as they go. The Heat are going to bounce them in the 2nd round.

Magic should be able to handle the Hawks in about 6 games. As long as Howard continues to dominate, the Hawks have no chance of beating the Magic 4 times. I also expect the Magic to "upset" the Bulls in round 2.

Heat will easily sweep the Sixers. the Sixers are the worst team in the playoffs IMO.

[quote name='wwe101']Just thought i'd drop in and give my $0.02 on the playoffs thus far.

First i'll start with the Bulls/Pacers; after watching the first two games, it is crystal clear that the bulls are not as good as their record shows. They will probbably win that series, but there is no way they are coming out of the east; espically if they face the Magic in Rd2.

Celtics should be able to escape the knicks in about 5, but that's as far as they go. The Heat are going to bounce them in the 2nd round.

Magic should be able to handle the Hawks in about 6 games. As long as Howard continues to dominate, the Hawks have no chance of beating the Magic 4 times. I also expect the Magic to "upset" the Bulls in round 2.

Heat will easily sweep the Sixers. the Sixers are the worst team in the playoffs IMO.[/QUOTE]

Eh? The Magic lost to the Hawks once already, and barely won this game. I don't see them beating the Bulls. It's been shown that Howard can get his and they can still lose.

bread's done
Back