2010-2011 NHL Regular Season Thread

[quote name='VipFREAK']So...

Wings Back up goalies = BAD ?

lol[/QUOTE]

We just sent our hottest young goaltender (Holtby) down to the minor leagues in exchange for two veterans who couldn't stay healthy this year and are still kinda banged up. Caps are having goalie problems too, but ours are self-inflicted.

On the plus side, I'm going to next Wednesday's game (club level ooooooo), and the first playoff game we host (upper deck haha)!

That Wings/Blues game was well......Let's not talk about that again. Yikes

You guys want me to start a new playoffs thread that updates schedules, results, and matchups like last year?

[quote name='KingBroly']The Caps need Holtby for the Playoffs. He's clearly our best goalie.[/QUOTE]

You're right, Holtby has definitely played the best of all our netminders this year. I won't say we NEED him because Neuvirth and Varly are both great, great goalies, but I think you get Holtby some playoff experience since he's a rookie. That being said, I believe Neuvirth and Varly are both 22.

And TC, this is the first year I'm trying to follow the whole NHL instead of just my Caps, so I wouldn't mind another thread.

[quote name='TC']You guys want me to start a new playoffs thread that updates schedules, results, and matchups like last year?[/QUOTE]
I think this is a good idea.

Went to an ECHL game tonight and found out my friend got tickets to tomorrow afternoon's Kings game. So I'll be running on 2 hours of sleep if I'm lucky, going to Los Angeles for that and then to Ontario for the Reign (ECHL) season finale. Shabutie.

[quote name='drktrpr1']You're right, Holtby has definitely played the best of all our netminders this year. I won't say we NEED him because Neuvirth and Varly are both great, great goalies, but I think you get Holtby some playoff experience since he's a rookie. That being said, I believe Neuvirth and Varly are both 22.

And TC, this is the first year I'm trying to follow the whole NHL instead of just my Caps, so I wouldn't mind another thread.[/QUOTE]

I was at the Lightning game last month, and when they brought him in the 2nd period you could see that the team really plays a lot better in front of Holtby than either Varlamov or Neuvirth. Varlamov can play in the big games, but he's made of glass. Neuvirth can't play in the big games.

Besides, in the Playoffs you play the hot hand and Holtby has been our hot hand the whole season.

Always happy to see Philly lose. Good national game. Wings at 5 facing the lowly Wild. Need to get a winning streak going and I would love for Franzen to find the net.

If the Hawks don't get a couple wins this week the home/home with Detroit this weekend could be very interesting.

And the Capitals just clinched the Southeast Division due to Tampa's loss against Buffalo.

Oh, and Toronto is eliminated from Playoff Contention.

great game watching the sharks beat up on the kings last night to clinch the division.

and on another good note, i wont our fantasy hockey league going in as the 5th seed. gotta like that.

I was at the Caps game yesterday, it was a good time. So glad we clinched the division beforehand, so there wasn't much pressure. Good thing we're one point away from clinching the East (not that that means much!).

I'd rather see the Caps play the Sabres or the Hurricanes. If they play the Rangers it's bye bye Budreau.

Tonight's highlights:
- Carolina now moves into 8th place in the East with a game to go (tiebreaker over NYR)
- Pittsburgh clinches at least 4th place, moves into tie for ATL division lead
- Buffalo clinches a Playoff Spot
- The Washington Capitals clinch home ice throughout the Eastern Conference Playoffs

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VipFREAK']lol, if Nittimaki is starting consider it done...[/QUOTE]
Coyotes like to keep it interesting eh?

Coyotes clinch! I really hope Sharks are not going to be our playoff matchup. :cry:

[quote name='KingBroly']Tonight's highlights:

- Pittsburgh clinches at least 4th place, moves into tie for ATL division lead
[/QUOTE]

This just proves that the shootout needs to go away and fucking die.

[quote name='jello44']This just proves that the shootout needs to go away and fucking die.[/QUOTE]

They can keep the shootout, they just need to switch to a 3 point system.

The coyotes/sharks game was great. Sharks game out real flat and decide not to play for the first 50 minutes. Should be another good game tonight. I'm checking craigslist to try and get a decent deal on tickets. No luck so far.

Yeah, 3 points for Reg. win, 2 for an OT/SO win, 1 point for an OT/SO loss. No more of this extra point crap.

I'm kinda surprised that Carolina is 8-1-1 in their last 10. It might be trouble for the Caps.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']The coyotes/sharks game was great. Sharks game out real flat and decide not to play for the first 50 minutes. Should be another good game tonight. I'm checking craigslist to try and get a decent deal on tickets. No luck so far.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it was, I'm just hoping for a point. Don't really want to face Sharks in first round, rather it be the Preds, Kings, or Ducks.

[quote name='KingBroly']It'll be WAS/PIT and VAN/SJ in each Conference. It just feels right.[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't, that's like fucking your sister.

But you just know that Crosbitch is going to return for the playoffs and the Shitguins will go on a "miracle run" and I'll never fucking hear the end of it.

Don't worry, the Ovechking will stop him...if he has the chance. But I believe in Bettman's chances to bribe the refs...er...genius business decisions to make it happen.

Yay, Rangers made it, welcome to being the last place playoff placeholder team instead of the Canes. Waiting for the SARS to be the same. lol

All I'm hoping for is that Niemi helps us make it to the finals or maybe... maybe get the cup.

bread's done
Back