2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa - 360 & PS3 $34 fs, Wii $25, PSP $15 @ GS

[quote name='Napegator']Is this game worth it? Anyone have any thoughts on it?[/QUOTE]

might be the best soccer game I have ever played, worth buying

The price on this game will fall faster than the US Soccer team once the World Cup is over. Give it 1 month and don't be surprised if it's going for $19.99

Should I pick this up or wait for the inevitable FIFA 10 price drop? Had 10 for the 360 but got rid of it when I sold my system. Absolutely loved it but picked up some other games for the PS3 instead of rebuying FIFA. Any huge reasons to pick this up over the yearly installment?

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Should I pick this up or wait for the inevitable FIFA 10 price drop? Had 10 for the 360 but got rid of it when I sold my system. Absolutely loved it but picked up some other games for the PS3 instead of rebuying FIFA. Any huge reasons to pick this up over the yearly installment?[/QUOTE]

Wait and get FIFA 11 as it will build on the improvements of 2010 FIFA World Cup. ;)

Honestly these keep their value longer than you would expect. In four years, yes it'll be $10 new but you're safe on buying it and getting a decent amount for the next good while. World Cup only happens once every four years and the next FIFA game is a few months off. It's got some keep to it if you can find a deal.

Great game to boot.

game is awesome but I have been getting lot's of disconnects online on ps3. seems to have gotten better over last few days. and DRNo888 please change your sig it's distracting

[quote name='DrNo888']Anyone ever play any FIFA on PSP?
Curious what the graphics and gameplay is like.[/QUOTE]

Curious about the PSP version too. Though for $15 it's probably worth a buy.

[quote name='Thongsy']Curious about the PSP version too. Though for $15 it's probably worth a buy.[/QUOTE]

I must have serious World Cup fever. I already bought the 360 version on Amazon and sprang for the PSP version. My girlfriend really wanted it for PSP so it will make her happy.

I'm picking this up and using the SMG2 coupon for the 360 (gotta find some use for these suckers). And if I want a regular futbol fix, I found that PES on Wii is the best option out there.

[quote name='rywateska']Honestly these keep their value longer than you would expect. In four years, yes it'll be $10 new but you're safe on buying it and getting a decent amount for the next good while. World Cup only happens once every four years and the next FIFA game is a few months off. It's got some keep to it if you can find a deal.

Great game to boot.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. As the only World Cup game out there, it might hit $40 as MSRP by the end of the year but won't budge past that for a long time.

I remember waiting forever for the '06 world cup game to drop. I had already purchased the og Xbox version since I didn't have a 360 at the time. I went looking for the 360 version once I had a 360, in Nov '06, and it was still holding at $60. By the time it dropped to a decent price($20 since it would have been a double dip for me) I had moved onto PES on Wii.

Guess I can cash in on this deal. Figure if I don't like it I can just trade it in. Like the guy said above the the ps3 version is back up to 49.99 now.

[quote name='masterledz']http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=902

Gamestop has 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa game for PS3 and 360 for $40. Use NEW15 for -15% off coupon, and it comes to $34 with free shipping using coupon code SAVER.

Wii version is available for $25 using the same coupon and PSP for $15 using coupon FIFA2D.[/QUOTE]

Psp verison already fell twice

39.99 down to 29.99 now 14.99 WOW

too bad it wasnt 20 bucks with the 10 buck coupon... would paid 10 forit not more

anyone who owns a PSP and looking to swap credit for it..

pay 19.99 for it at gamestop (local store) Play it all weekend

AMAZON TRADE IN CREDIT

PSP 19.25 (only a lost of 75 cents + tax) to rent the game

WII
EBGAMES Sells for 30 AMAZON trade credit 25.50 (4.50 rental)

TRADE IN VAULE
XBOX 360 32.00
PS3 32.50

Could be a quick play and flip

Tempted to do the PSP flip for a lost of 75 cents + tax

anyone know how many days you have to send a game out once you do a AMAZON trade in

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage']anyone know how many days you have to send a game out once you do a AMAZON trade in[/QUOTE]

The game must be postmarked 7 days after you submit your trade in. I submitted my trade in request for SMG 1 and 2 last night so this info is up to date.

Fine, I'll buy it already. Sheesh. Pm if you want to play manual-control matches on xbox live. Anything else is for wimps.

[quote name='Mizzou75']Anyone ever figure out if this is in store too?[/QUOTE]Nope. Tried yesterday but rang up as 59.99.

It should be $40 in stores as well. The website says it was a price drop therefore it should be in the store.

I was going to buy this for $60 last week at gamestop but so glad I held off. Ill go and get it for 40 now.

[quote name='Perry8331']Nope. Tried yesterday but rang up as 59.99.[/QUOTE]

Shame. Anyway of getting a PM at BB or other store?

wtf it isn't in store I just called. I said how much is it in the store because on the website it says $40 and asked if it's an online only thing, and he said he don't even see it for $40 if you order online. dumbass service at gamestop

o well I'll buy it at BB

[quote name='Dranakin']Shame. Anyway of getting a PM at BB or other store?[/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken, it's going on sale for 39.99 at best buy tomorrow (6/13)

[quote name='Erock302']If I'm not mistaken, it's going on sale for 39.99 at best buy tomorrow (6/13)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Just realized I should buy it from GS since I have credit, but it's currently OOS for PS3.

I still have the 20 dollar coupon from Mario Galaxy 2, Is this game worth 20 bucks even? Does it have enough replay value to be worth 20 bones?
I'm kind of new to soccer and played the fifa demo on ps3 and I was kind of miffed and never got around to understand how to put a shot on goal accurately. Is there a valid tutorial in game?

They just bumped the prices to $50 for PS3 and 360. I plan on playing it for a month or so. Prob pick it up at Best Buy now though.

I knew I shouldn't have waited this long.

It does say that the price is still $39.99 (you have to click on the 360 link if you use the link in the OP) but that it's just not available online, so I may check to see if they finally updated the B&M price to match even though it wouldn't be as nice as the $33.99 price was.

Hey guys, I have two questions. How is the world cup version compared to the 2010 version? I have never played a soccer video game before. And how is the gamestop shipping? Would it make it to here(new york) by sunday if i order it today.

I love the World Cup versions of games.

In regular Fifa editions you cant play as most of the countries that you can in the World Cup games.

World Cup Germany remained rare and held value actually for a while because of this reason (at least the psp one).

Just grabbed the 360 version, the PSP version is out of stock sadly :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it for 20 shipped after using my 20 dollar mario galaxy 2 coupon and edge card (with tax refunded via request) and saver.

I liked the demo, it has a nice in game flavor and hopefully will keep me entertained for even a week is worthwhile.

psp version back in stock. But the Fifa2D code didnt work for me.

Either way didnt mind paying 25$ total for the PSP version, still a nice deal. Grabbed the 360 version yesterday for 37$. Used trade in credit for both. Good deal all around.

bread's done
Back