2010 Marriage Protection Act

HotShotX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
I think we all knew this was coming as a response to the passing of Prop 8 in California.

http://rescuemarriage.org/

A grassroots campaign to get a law that makes divorce illegal in California on the 2010 ballot. Paperwork has been filed with the state on Sept. 1st requesting the initiative.

I look forward to the incoming hilarity that is bound to ensue.

~HotShotX

Did you guys even read the other headlines on that page?

"Jesus still loves you if you get divorced - just not as much as before."

This guy is using the Stephen Colbert approach to embarass religion and I love it. He even uses the scripture to back up his points and the comments are full of people squirming around saying that's not what the intent was.

I hope it actually gains steam and I'll do whatever I can to spread the word. Thanks for the laugh.

I love the comments on the site.

Obviously, I would oppose such a measure if it were to actually come up... but I am amused.

*This* is how you do satire. No one gets hurt. :)

YES!!!!
Awesome!!

I am totally obsessed with this. This will prove that people aren't for marriage; they are just hateful bigots!

I'm surprised Von hasn't come in here yet and explain how this is wrong, too.
And use some kind of Bible verse as well.

Person A: "Gay marriage should be illegal. We have to protect the sanctity of marriage."

Person B: "Well, if that's true, then we should make divorce illegal, too."

Person A: :shock:

[quote name='Revenantae']Bah... yet another facet of life the government has no business intruding upon. Prop 8 was a bad idea, and so is this.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better myself.

bread's done
Back