2010 Playstation 3 Hopes and Wishlists

leeloo1977

CAGiversary!
Which games for the PS3 are you most excited about that are being or have been released in 2010? Which games are you hoping are announced in 2010?

I am most excited (but also concerned) about FFXIII
I am also really looking forward to 3D Dot Game Heroes.

As for games to be announced, I am really, really, really hoping they announce a true sequel to the Lunar series. With the PSP SSS remake I now have reason to hope. Hopefully it goes to PS3 though because I really don't want to have to buy a PSP....

a new sly cooper game. and more zombie games based on the basic zombie mythos ( headshots and burning are the only ways to kill them).

i think its pretty much a universal truth that all ps3 owners want nay need gow3 to be everything we hope for and more. so far each game has been a big step up from the last so this game has to impress. theres this small part of me that thinks something bad will happen with it or that maybe the story wont be all there.......im doing my best not to get my hopes up to much.

The games/accessories I dream will be announced this year:
Suikoden 6
Breath of Fire 6
Harvest Moon for the PS3 or 360 with online play
and an add-on for the PS3 that allows PS2 games to be played on non-BC PS3's

I'm excited for all games to be mandatory 1080i capable. Oh wait, that's never going to happen because Sony hates me.

Hopes :
#1. Sony starts charging for their online service, which would lead to better maintained servers and less lag.
#2. PSN steals private and group chat from XB Live. I'd definitely pay 4-5 a month for this

[quote name='kurrptsenate']Hopes :
#1. Sony starts charging for their online service, which would lead to better maintained servers and less lag.
#2. PSN steals private and group chat from XB Live. I'd definitely pay 4-5 a month for this[/QUOTE]

Ive been paying for Live for over 3 years and had a PS3 since 3 months after launch. What lag do you speak of? I have over 100 hours online with SF4 on ps3 + 360, they play identical. MW2 plays 100% identical on both. Care to inform me?

Party chat was confirmed coming a while ago, and it is likely to be part of the paid premium service. Of which i will never pay for. I will never pay to play online, and thankfully, sony isn't going to be charging for that ever. Just for the fluff that i have no interest in.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I will never pay to play online, and thankfully, sony isn't going to be charging for that ever.[/QUOTE]

Famous last words.

My biggest hope for the PS3 is software-based PS2 BC

I don't understand what's the big deal with cross-game/party chat. Unless all of your friends are the online-kind I wouldn't believe it's that necessary

Instead of wishing why not demand Sony deliver on what they already promised: Gran Turismo 5

Resistance 3
Resurgence of good JRPGS
Nolan North being told to NOT sound like Nathan Drake in VA roles.
Subscriptions for the Video store (Yes I'd like to watch shows and movies off of PSN. No I don't want to be nickel and dimed to hell and back to do it.)
PS2 games in the PSN store that can be played using remote play
More ps3 games taking advantage of remote play in some form (Character management, Minigames, something)
Something involving the Cthulhu-mythos
Warhawk 2 - Warhawker
SAMBA Support for media servers (I know it won't happen, but DNLA is buggier then a a beehive!)
Classic boardgames playable over PSN with voice/PS Eye support
RED FACTION GUERRILLA 2: THE WRECKONING
More games supporting XMB music

[quote name='kurrptsenate']Hopes :
#2. PSN steals private and group chat from XB Live. I'd definitely pay 4-5 a month for this[/QUOTE]

I hope that #1 never happens because I don't play online nearly enough to ever pay for it, but it's nice to know I can if I find the time.

I really don't understand why you can't host locally via IP the way you can for PC games without a server mediating things. I can still fire up the original Unreal Tournament on PC and play online with friends through the built-in IP online play. Games with an emphasis on co-op or small online matches (RE5, Ao2) could do this no problem, and there wouldn't ever be the concern that the servers could be taken offline.

Heck, Tony Hawk 3 on PS2 had this option before Sony ever had any kind of comprehensive online strategy.

Lego Lord of the Rings would be awesome. Getting more games that were Xbox 360 exclusives would be nice (and I don't mean first party titles in Halo, but games like Culdcept Saga, Magna Carta, Agarest physical version), MKV support, PS2 compatibility.... Maybe even playing PSP games on a PS3 without using a PSP... I know, I have a PSP2000 and the cable to output onto the TV, but it needs cords!

All in all, I'm satisfied with the PS3's selection. I just wish it did more. Because obviously, it doesn't do everything if it can't play soft subs and PS2 games =P

(And before you say, "ZOMG piracy"... I bought Hell's Kitchen S1 and haven't watched it because it doesn't have subs... Fox fails).

Red Dead is the only game I have preordered. Looking forward to trying final fantasy 13 and god of war 3 when they are half price. I'm interested in Resistance 3, Turismo, a twisted metal and a new SSX. Im also looking forward to the final fight remake that is coming out but am dissapointed the tecmo bowl remake isnt based on the original tecmo super bowl. Also looking forward to the gta dlc which I will probably preorder soon.

X Com: UFO Defense and Bust A Groove as PSOne Classics on the PSN.

And I agree with most, unless they add something sweeter to the pot (extended warranty, exclusive access/games only to paid-members), they aren't getting a dime from me.

Most excited for Heavy Rain and I nope that it doesn't disappoint. I loved GoW and GoW2 and I know I'll love GoW3 (likely GotY) but Heavy Rain looks like it'll be a completely different experience.

Other than those two, GT5 and The Last Guardian (if it comes out this year) are huge wants for me this year.

What I hope, but doubt will never happen, is for Sony to add some kind of a downloadable BC emulation software for non-BC games. I'd pay money for it and I know a lot of other people would too. I'd also love some kind of expansive media service like the UK gets with the BBC Player and Vidzone. But more realistically, I want some damn RPGs... the PS3's RPG selection is bone dry outside of some average 360 ports... Sony should get KH3 to be exclusive (or timed exclusive) and try to get other companies to release some RPGs on the system.

[quote name='Neo-Nut']Red Dead is the only game I have preordered. Looking forward to trying final fantasy 13 and god of war 3 when they are half price. I'm interested in Resistance 3, Turismo, a twisted metal and a new SSX. Im also looking forward to the final fight remake that is coming out but am dissapointed the tecmo bowl remake isnt based on the original tecmo super bowl. Also looking forward to the gta dlc which I will probably preorder soon.[/QUOTE]

yeah i could go for a new ssx game too seems pretty wierd there hasnt been one yet since they had 3 or 4 on the ps2.

ICO + Shadow of the Colossus Collection

*tweaked visually and with good framerate

Will be on my 2010, 2011, 2012... lists.

[quote name='antlp89']ICO + Shadow of the Colossus Collection

*tweaked visually and with good framerate

Will be on my 2010, 2011, 2012... lists.[/QUOTE]

I second this.

Also, I tried to PM you, but I don't think it went through ;)

[quote name='blitz6speed']Ive been paying for Live for over 3 years and had a PS3 since 3 months after launch. What lag do you speak of? I have over 100 hours online with SF4 on ps3 + 360, they play identical. MW2 plays 100% identical on both. Care to inform me?

Party chat was confirmed coming a while ago, and it is likely to be part of the paid premium service. Of which i will never pay for. I will never pay to play online, and thankfully, sony isn't going to be charging for that ever. Just for the fluff that i have no interest in.[/QUOTE]

You never pay to play online, but have played SF4 on PS3 and on the 360 (as have I)? That's not possible :lol:

As far as their online servers go, It's a lot harder to find a match in SF4 where the opponent is 3 bars or greater. Just a fact.

CoD MW2 did play decent on the PS3, but thats not really the games I was referring to. Games like Demon's Souls is terrible, where you shouldn't even try to parry.... ever because of lag. Removing parry from the game is a completely integral part. Its a shame really.

As far as the "fluff" that you're referring to, it made all the difference for me when I was on xbox live. Being able to play a game, like Demon's Souls, and be able to chat with the blue phantoms is just not possible in the game. Features like private and party chat would allow anyone to chat anytime while doing anything on your PS3

Wow there are some really great games listed here. If they announce all of these, I might have to get another job just to buy all of them.

bread's done
Back