2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs - Boston Wins!

Can't believe L.A. gave up a 4 goal lead, that will really put a hurting on them. Kunitz only getting one game is a little suprising but I guess they took his history of no real incidents like this into consideration. As a Pens fan I thought it was pretty bad, but it seems no damage was done.

Holy Shaq-fu, I can't believed I turned off the Kings-Sharks game. I was SOOO tired when the Kings had just made it 2-4, but I wish I had stayed up... I wish I lived Texas or Oklahoma, I could catch all east coast and west coast games without being ridiculously tired.

Oh well, Caps Rangers 0-0 so far. Hoping the Caps PK can hold together.

^Go Bolts.

[quote name='drktrpr1']but I wish I had stayed up...[/QUOTE]

Ur bad. My friend was so disgusted he went back to playing Portal 2. I was at another friend's house and we stuck it out. Good thing.

Pens have come up with some big kills. Roloson has been standing on his head all night. Here comes OT#2.

EDIT: James Neal scores 3:38 into the 2nd OT to win the game for the Pens and puts them up 3-1. Woo!

Last edited by a moderator:
JASON CHIMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAPS WIN! CAPS WIN! THEEEEEEEEE CAPS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Up 3-1 now. Awesome!

[quote name='KingBroly']Jason chimera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caps win! Caps win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeee caps win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

SHAQ-FU YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! That's what I'm talking about.

OMG that was the most nerve-wracking game I have ever seen in my few years of watching the Caps, Ravens, and Orioles.

Dude... Is it just me, or is this the most exciting QF in recent memory? Multiple comebacks, including a Sharks 4-0 comeback (OT win) and a Caps 3-0 comeback (2x OT win)? This is why I love hockey.

[quote name='KingBroly']Hockey is on. Only 3 games tonight. Canucks can end it for the Champs.[/QUOTE]

Quiet, you! In all honesty, I don't know if the Hawks can win in front of that crowd tonight. It will be sad if they lost.

[quote name='shieryda']Quiet, you! In all honesty, I don't know if the Hawks can win in front of that crowd tonight. It will be sad if they lost.[/QUOTE]

Chances are pretty good that the Canucks close it out tonight. At least.... they'd better. At least you guys got your cup last year though right?

[quote name='Dasflikko']Chances are pretty good that the Canucks close it out tonight. At least.... they'd better. At least you guys got your cup last year though right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and we were almost the 5th team in history to miss the playoffs after winning the cup (thanks, Dallas!).

They keep showing the commercial when Kane scored the winning goal. I was at a bar across the street from my house watching the game when he scored that goal. Everyone in the bar was like "Wait, what just happened? Did Kane score? Did they win?" And then about 15 seconds later, the whole place was going nuts (well, as nutty as 20 people can get in a small bar next to the commuter train tracks).

Who do you think will win the Calder? Fun race this year.

Thank the gods. Looks like the Sharks have finally shown up for the playoffs. I thought we'd be playing the wings next round, but after the last two games with van/chi... hell who knows!

Well... except for Vlassic and Wallen.

lol, man... 0-6 on the pp, 5-3 with 2 min. left and nada? L.A. = Losers Again. Sorry Matt. Although, on the bright side... Penner has a point.

If Vancouver loses Game 6, they won't win Game 7. Simple as that. Especially considering Chicago has destroyed them the last 2 games.

Los Angeles is done. Allowing the Sharks to win after being up 4-0 is inexcusable.

not playing Corey Schneider in game 4 on the road to rest Luongo was the biggest mistake possible. All season they talked about resting Luongo more so he was stronger and healthier for every game, and when they had the rite chance to do it up 3-0 Alain Balked at the idea.

What would be so wrong even if you lose game 4 with Schneider you still have a well rested Luongo at home waiting. It's clearly obvious he is wearing down as the series goes on.

[quote name='Dasflikko']Guess you won't be sad tonight eh? See you in game 6.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Color me surprised (and elated). I predict a one-game suspension for the elbow, too. I still don't understand why Bolland went nuts and broke his stick near the bench.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']not playing Corey Schneider in game 4 on the road to rest Luongo was the biggest mistake possible. All season they talked about resting Luongo more so he was stronger and healthier for every game, and when they had the rite chance to do it up 3-0 Alain Balked at the idea.

What would be so wrong even if you lose game 4 with Schneider you still have a well rested Luongo at home waiting. It's clearly obvious he is wearing down as the series goes on.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't make sense to rest Luongo though. He's played only 65 games this year and you absolutely need to ride your starter in the playoffs. If he's already tired then we're doomed anyways. Besides, I know he hasn't been playing very well lately, but it's an entire team failure that has given the Hawks some life.

What frustrates me so much is how the Canucks keep saying the right things, but then go out and lay a fucking egg in front of their home crowd. They'd better put up a fight in games 6 and possibly 7 but even if we do win this series, I don't even know if I can feel good about our chances of going far anymore.

I don't mind losing when my team leaves everything on the ice, but when my team just vanishes and I start to question their effort levels, it is pretty unforgivable.

I'm just completely frustrated but I have to tip my hat to the Hawks. They are showing up. Especially Keith. His play of late is downright inspiring.

Luongo's allowed how many goals in the last 2 games? They need to bench him to send a message, plus I think Chicago's in his head.

Hawks showed last night that the champs have some heart.

Michael Ryder....Oh man that must have felt good.

Two good games tonight.

[quote name='KingBroly']Luongo's allowed how many goals in the last 2 games? They need to bench him to send a message, plus I think Chicago's in his head.[/QUOTE]

after the last two games and the last two seasons id say chicago is in all of the canuck's heads.

but you gotta keep in mind, in the western conference there are no 8 seeds. the 2nd and 8th seed were within 8 points of each other... 8! so anyone out of the west could come out on top really.

[quote name='KingBroly']Luongo's allowed how many goals in the last 2 games? They need to bench him to send a message, plus I think Chicago's in his head.[/QUOTE]

I'd agree with you if not for the fact that the entire fucking team has been a no show for two games. If we wanted to send a message by benching the players that have been playing like crap, we'd have to bench almost the entire roster. ;)

Luongo hasn't been great, but when you let the other team simply waltz into the slot I think you have bigger concerns than the play of your goaltender.

Also,

habs-suck-black4-480x480.jpg

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I think that the "tears" tag is especially appropriate for how I feel right now haha[/QUOTE]

Blind fits of rage for me.

Which pretty much describes me anyway...

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Oh well. If this team has taught us anything, it is to not count them out early.[/QUOTE]

It's okay, the Caps have taught myself (and their fans) not to count them "in" too early :cool:

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I think that the "tears" tag is especially appropriate for how I feel right now haha[/QUOTE]

I originally put it in there as a joke because I knew it'd happen.

More Bonus Hockey tonight!

EDIT:
Welp, that was disappointing.

bread's done
Back