2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs - Boston Wins!

[quote name='confoosious']I'm a little concerned about facing the Lightning in the ECF.

yeah, I said it.[/QUOTE]

I am too. Didn't play to well against them in the regular season, which doesn't mean much come playoff time, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit worried.

Vancouver needs to start realizing that the rest of the world exists for weekend hockey games. 9pm start times aren't acceptable. Especially when it goes to double overtime.

[quote name='KingBroly']Vancouver needs to start realizing that the rest of the world exists for weekend hockey games. 9pm start times aren't acceptable. Especially when it goes to double overtime.[/QUOTE]

shit the NBA has games at 9pm et for non-west coast teams.

I don't mind the 9pm start because on the west coast, it's only 6.

[quote name='confoosious']shit the NBA has games at 9pm et for non-west coast teams.

I don't mind the 9pm start because on the west coast, it's only 6.[/QUOTE]

The NBA thought it'd be smart if all Championship games started no earlier than 9pm EST. Screw them, too.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Haha that was kinda funny. Is that guy actually famous? Because if so I need to get into the market of getting on-stage and just yelling a bunch of obscenities.][/QUOTE]
He's a fairly well known stand up comic. Somebody held a show that ran all night long and by the time he got on stage, the crowd was drunk and booing everybody regardless of who they were.

Don't worry, I've got a video too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wAV-DmLjbI

[quote name='Beatofficer']Vinnieeeeeeeeeee:hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot: :whee:

Lighting up 2 games to none, hell yes.[/QUOTE]

So you are from Sacramento, but a SF Giants fan and a TB Lightning fan? How does that work?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']So you are from Sacramento, but a SF Giants fan and a TB Lightning fan? How does that work?[/QUOTE]

Giants, 49ers, Sacramento Kings, Tampa Bay Lightning.

My first game I ever watched of Hockey was Tampa Bay Lightning vs. I can't remember who, and remember loving Vincent Lecavaliar at that time, so I decided they were my team even though they weren't that good, low and behold a couple years later they win the cup.

Bonus picture of my Vincent Lecavaliar puck hanging out with my Giants bobbleheads from games I've been to:

picture.php

So why did Mike Green get a penalty for a similar hit two days ago? Shoulder to body and it was roughing probably cause it looked like a big hit.
Yes I'm just complaining cause all my predictions are looking to be wrong.

Awlright, Caps/Lightning games 3+4 tonight and tomorrow.

This series has been SO bizarre. The Caps have totally destroyed the Lightning in every stat category except goals (and save pct lol).

I guess tonight will tell if Tampa Bay's luck can hold. The first two games have shown that it's better to be lucky than good because the Bolts haven't really been good.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Awlright, Caps/Lightning games 3+4 tonight and tomorrow.

This series has been SO bizarre. The Caps have totally destroyed the Lightning in every stat category except goals (and save pct lol).

I guess tonight will tell if Tampa Bay's luck can hold. The first two games have shown that it's better to be lucky than good because the Bolts haven't really been good.[/QUOTE]

There are three reasons why the Lightning are winning. Bolts defense has been better with Eric Brewer, Victor Hedman, and Mattias Ohlund playing especially solid. Roloson has been great. Finally the secondary players for the Lightning are contributing at both ends of the rink. I love the fact that Guy Boucher keeps telling everyone the Bolts are just getting lucky. He's a VERY SMART coach.

With the Wings/Sharks Jimmy Howard has been every bit as good as Antti Niemi. The Sharks skaters have been better all around though. After watching them play against LA I can see the Sharks have definitely raised they're game. Tomorrow is a must win for the Wings.

[quote name='TC']There are three reasons why the Lightning are winning. Bolts defense has been better with Eric Brewer, Victor Hedman, and Mattias Ohlund playing especially solid. Roloson has been great. Finally the secondary players for the Lightning are contributing at both ends of the rink. I love the fact that Guy Boucher keeps telling everyone the Bolts are just getting lucky. He's a VERY SMART coach.[/QUOTE]

I'll agree with you that he's sharp as a tack.

But I do still think that the Bolts are getting lucky. The only difference between Lightning 2 Capitals 0 and Caps 2 Bolts 0 are a handful of "right place, right time" plays that Tampa is making that Washington just can't.

Tampa Bay is doing EVERYTHING right while the Caps are just doing most things right. Normally that's enough for us to eke out a win (or two), but not in the playoffs and certainly not right now.

Caps have outplayed them though. The reason why the Lightning are ahead is because the Caps have made HUGE mistakes which led to goals. It's sorta like the Caps-Pens series of 2009. The Caps came off a 7-game series against the Rangers, won 5 straight basically, but lost 4 of the next 5. They were similar teams then, as these teams are now. The Caps then just really ran out of juice.

The key in that series was games 4 and 5 being played back to back that Pittsburgh swept.

Bwah hah hah hah, I think this is the dagger to the hearts of the Caps, Vinnie has been so good these playoffs, I think that injury early in the season has kept him a little more fresh for the playoffs.

While I would like for the Lightning to close it out tonight, I still don't see this series going less than 7 games. But then, I wouldn't have guessed that the Caps would only get 5 shots in the third last night either.

It was a great game and the stadium was as loud as I has ever heard it. I wish I was going tonight.

If the Caps lose tonight I'm not updating this thread anymore. Someone else will have to pick up the slack.

[quote name='jello44']One minute into the game, and it is 2-0 Bruins.

Wake the fuck up Flyers.[/QUOTE]

it's time to start rooting for (insert western conference team).

[quote name='mykevermin']It's time to start rooting for a public flogging of Brian Boucher. What a shameful, shameful, pathetic fucking excuse of a goalie.[/QUOTE]

Agreed to some extent, but it's more time to root for a public flogging of Ed Snider and Paul Holmgren, who despite putting together a solid group of forwards and defensemen, refuse to dump any money into the goalie position.

It's not over, but damn is this irritating to watch.

kinda. the whole team has looked soft and defeated the last three games. Boston has five times the aggression and passion the flyers do in this series.

[quote name='mykevermin']kinda. the whole team has looked soft and defeated the last three games. Boston has five times the aggression and passion the flyers do in this series.[/QUOTE]

Well...after last year, can you blame them? haha. Boston has something to prove this year.

bread's done
Back