2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs - Boston Wins!

[quote name='VipFREAK']:facepalm: nvm...[/QUOTE]

no please. Could you explain what you meant?

"I'd like to marry Niemi even though I'm not gay. Pretty glad we signed him BEFORE he got good."

Last I checked, you signed him this year. So how is that before? Either you can manipulate time or you didn't think he was good last year. Which is it?

[quote name='VipFREAK']If you can't understand/read, I can't help u...[/QUOTE]

nice try. Your statement made no sense. Unless you think Niemi was no good last year. Is that what you think?

[quote name='jello44']In other news Derek Boogaard has died

Damn shame and he was only 28 to boot.[/QUOTE]

This sucks. Really hope this has nothing to do with the concussion that ended his season. No foul play, one has to wonder... RIP Boogyman, you will be missed.

[quote name='confoosious']lol. "BEFORE he got good."

you really are a phony bandwagon fan, aren't you?[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up, I wouldn't waste your time with him. Ramstoria is the only actual big-time Sharks fan in here.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Just a heads up, I wouldn't waste your time with him. Ramstoria is the only actual big-time Sharks fan in here.[/QUOTE]

It's not as glamourous as it sounds. I've pretty much been stressed out the last month.

Lightning completely dominated tonight. Makes me happy.

Edit: wow Streak of 6 road wins and 8 game winning streak in the playoffs for the Lightning this year.

Edit 2: Bruins being dirty now, pathetic, take a loss it's only one game you thugs.

[quote name='dafoomie']Any team thats bigger than you that doesn't play passive are thugs, right.[/QUOTE]

More like any player who blatantly blindsides another player with a punch in the face is a thug.

[quote name='Beatofficer']More like any player who blatantly blindsides another player with a punch in the face is a thug.[/QUOTE]
Are you new to hockey or just new to the playoffs? Get used to it. You do something another player doesn't like at the end of a blowout where the penalties don't matter, you stand a good chance of getting hit in your face.

This is unlike Lecavalier who went at Boychuk with his stick after a clean hit on Gagne.

Not new to hockey or the playoffs, I still think it's thugish. Sorry we don't agree, but I find it funny when a team can't take a loss. Not ALL teams do that at the end of a blow out, now I'm hoping they get swept so I can hear some excuses typical Boston (sports) fans that I've met and known come up with when their team loses.

another poorly officiated game. but the sharks sat back in the 3rd period. they need to put in a full 60 minutes, almost all their losses this post season are due to mailing it in the last 10 minutes of a game. well, its only one game, if they can steal the next one then i like our chances.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']another poorly officiated game. but the sharks sat back in the 3rd period. they need to put in a full 60 minutes, almost all their losses this post season are due to mailing it in the last 10 minutes of a game. well, its only one game, if they can steal the next one then i like our chances.[/QUOTE]

Care to inform us how the sharks lost the "poorly officiated game?" Regardless of the powerplay advantage for the Canucks tonight, something happened in the middle of the second period and the Sharks went flat. I think in reality what you are looking at is the Sharks lacking the defensive talent. nashville and the blackhawks were able to pin the Canucks against the boards and make life tough. The sharks are passive and let the Canucks ride the boards behind their goal and do the cycle game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thingsfallnapart'] The sharks are passing and let the Canucks ride the boards behind their goal and do the cycle game.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. The system San Jose uses is weak against the cycle. I saw LA exploit it like crazy and the Canucks will too.

Spotty officiating or not, the Sharks had a strong PK until the third, so that's no excuse. They were simply out of gas and the Canucks finally got it going halfway through the game. I fully expect both teams to be in better form on Wednesday though.

[quote name='KingBroly']Kind of a crazy game tonight.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Tyler Seguin really gooned it up on the Lightning.

I was at that game, the kid was phenomenal. Hopefully Bergeron comes back for Game 3.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Care to inform us how the sharks lost the "poorly officiated game?" Regardless of the powerplay advantage for the Canucks tonight, something happened in the middle of the second period and the Sharks went flat. I think in reality what you are looking at is the Sharks lacking the defensive talent. nashville and the blackhawks were able to pin the Canucks against the boards and make life tough. The sharks are passive and let the Canucks ride the boards behind their goal and do the cycle game.[/QUOTE]

well if you had read my entire post youd see that i blame the loss on the sharks not putting in a full 60 minutes. i was merely commenting on the poor officiating thats been around all playoffs.

Man, I really want to like the Bruins. I'm surprised they can skate so well with all the dirt out there on the ice. Did Lucic ever get fined for that sucker-punch on Hedman (?)

Joe Thornton, Logan Couture and Antti Niemi vs The Vancouver Canucks and the San Jose Sharks

:/ This is a really frustrating series to watch as a Sharks fan.

picture_1_05.jpg

Swag. Go Sharks.

So is this the Sharks team we should expect for the rest of the WCF? What a fucking disgrace.

I was hoping for an all out war between two great teams.

What I'm seeing is a great Sharks team completely falling apart and resorting to sending out Ben fucking Eager world class scrub after our best player. What a joke.

Show up on Friday and win or just bend over on Sunday and let my team get some rest for the finals.

The bear signs are fucking funny and it is BS that they were getting complaints from Tampa fans. There was an article down here that they took them down because of the complaints, I hope that is not true.

The "Tampon Bay" one is such an easy joke that it really isn't funny. They did do a nice job on the logo though.

Not playoff related but I am surprised that no one has mentioned the Atlanta move yet.

Its that hack on the radio that incited people to do it, he gave out the number and I think he called Boston fans $$$s on the air.

I'm happy that Winnipeg is getting a team back but they should really be the Jets again. If they're going to call them the Manitoba Moose, thats silly. The Jets have a real history, they won championships in the WHA, they even beat Gretzky and the Oilers in that league's final season, and they were one of the first teams to recruit Europeans. They had Bobby Hull, Kent Nilsson, Dale Hawerchuk, Thomas Steen, they started the White Out...

The Manitoba Moose or whatever other name they want has none of that, might as well be an expansion team.

I'm just waiting for the official word. Seems like it's done and everything but they probably won't talk about moving teams when the playoffs are on. I'm ecstatic that Atlanta is moving. That team should never had been there in the first place. Fool me once...

I hate Boston with a passion but those bear signs are hilarious. The Tampon Bay one is really weak. Such a stupid obvious joke. (Which is why those yahoos don't work in comedy.)

I'm a Bolts fan and find the Bruins rules signs funny. I changed the channel when Boston was up 3-0 and started watching when they were still up 3-2. Nice comeback, but they are lucky.

bread's done
Back