2012 Black Friday Complaining thread

vantheman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (99%)
Figured this could be a place where everyone complains about whatever deals they missed out on or weren't able to be a part of. Personally, mine was the lightning deals last night going in the first 10 seconds :p

I am disappointed that the only stores discounting anime were RightStuff and DeepDiscount. I love RS, but that sale was crap.

Lame 3DS deals, I was expecting much better, other than that I have no complaints. No 3DS limited editions, hopefully next year the prices will go down. Though its really not a big deal as there still isn't anything worth playing for me on the system.

I guess no one has really had much to complain about this year other than a lack of deals on a 3ds, but everything else has been great!

not really except for the ms store running out of those $10 games :(

living on the east coast messed me up again, lol at 3 am here its 12 am there so more people were up.

oh well

got what i wanted in stores :D

I am disappointed that I was able to find the $10 1600 points cards at Target, not by the registers or on the shelves. I didn't go until Friday afternoon, but many CAGs reported picking up those cards for that price all day. I'm almost certain my Target just removed them.

[quote name='SaraAB']Lame 3DS deals, I was expecting much better, other than that I have no complaints. No 3DS limited editions, hopefully next year the prices will go down. Though its really not a big deal as there still isn't anything worth playing for me on the system.[/QUOTE]

New SMB2
Super Mario 3d Land
Code of Princess
Kingdom Hearts
Heroes of Ruin (could have been more badass, I agree)
Mario Kart
Zelda Remake...

Ok, you halfway win. I am still trying to love my 3DS. Playing Ghost Recon right now, fun game, but there aren't a lot of great titles.

Not really interested in playing mario games, not saying they are bad, but I just don't like them, I find them too difficult and they have rubberband AI like every other Nintendo game. Code of princess isn't my type, kingdom hearts isn't that good and I can get tales of the abyss on the PS2 without having to buy another system just to play it on. The game forecast for the future seems abysmal for RPG's which is the type of games I like. No Pokemon RPG games announced for the 3DS yet, it will be at least 2 years for one as assuming one is coming it has to release in Japan first then get translated and released in the USA. Pokemon B/W 2 on the regular DS so no incentive to upgrade. DS is chock full of RPG's, and I have at least 2 Kingdom hearts games I haven't played yet for it, along with about 5 unplayed DQ games, IMO that will keep me busy for a while.

[quote name='vantheman']Figured this could be a place where everyone complains about whatever deals they missed out on or weren't able to be a part of. Personally, mine was the lightning deals last night going in the first 10 seconds :p[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me.

Personally, while the games are relatively weak, but the eShop and StreetPass make up for it. I have played my 3DS way more than my DS Lite.

StreetPass > Pictochat

the only thing i could complain was Final Fantasy XIII-2 couldnt reach a 10 dollar price... i mean seriously they did a deal of 15 dollar and suddenly they added a LD i was expecting a lower price but it didint come...

My only complaint is there has been nothing I want. Lack of laptop/tablet deals to peruse is really letting me down as well. :\

Would have been nice to see Skyrim for cheaper than $25, I mean the game is a year old.

And no, an unannounced sale where it was $10 for 10 minutes at 5:00 am does not count. ;)

Well I guess we can all stop complaining about lack of 3DS deals as its going to be $129 at Target in a week or 2 and getting an official price drop to $139.

[quote name='Vinny']I am disappointed that I was able to find the $10 1600 points cards at Target, not by the registers or on the shelves. I didn't go until Friday afternoon, but many CAGs reported picking up those cards for that price all day. I'm almost certain my Target just removed them.[/QUOTE]

I know it's a few days late, but Target changed the price back to MSRP halfway throughout the day, at least at my store. I think some stores took initiative and just removed them from all locations altogether.

I was working Friday and was going to pick a couple cards up on my break but decided to wait until I got off work. I waited too long, they changed the price, so I went and price matched at Walmart.

As for my complaining session, I'm a little disheartened to have missed out on the $99 Sony 3D display at Best Buy, as well as the 7.99 Dead Island GOTY. Ah well.

[quote name='SaraAB']Not really interested in playing mario games, not saying they are bad, but I just don't like them, I find them too difficult and they have rubberband AI like every other Nintendo game. Code of princess isn't my type, kingdom hearts isn't that good and I can get tales of the abyss on the PS2 without having to buy another system just to play it on. The game forecast for the future seems abysmal for RPG's which is the type of games I like. No Pokemon RPG games announced for the 3DS yet, it will be at least 2 years for one as assuming one is coming it has to release in Japan first then get translated and released in the USA. Pokemon B/W 2 on the regular DS so no incentive to upgrade. DS is chock full of RPG's, and I have at least 2 Kingdom hearts games I haven't played yet for it, along with about 5 unplayed DQ games, IMO that will keep me busy for a while.[/QUOTE]

I can't stop getting DS RPGs for some reason. I think I got 6 or 7 on the backlog...

I wanted a Samsung Galaxy player. Bought that a Vita, and 2 PS3 games. I really wanted a deal on a Nintendo 3DSXL, but it wasn't meant to be.

I do have to complain about my Amazon Prime order not making it in two days with two day shipping. What really gets me, is it shipped from Seattle. I could hop on a Ferry and be at their offices in two hours. 3 Days???

SmartPost is not appropriately named.

bread's done
Back